Back to Common Grounds.

Saran2011-12-01 12:08:03

ANNOUNCE NEWS #1922
Date: 12/1/2011 at 0:52
To : Everyone
Subj: December Solstice Sale and Event!
For the month of December, we will have a 30% credit sale! That means
any credit purchase you make, you will receive 30% bonus credits (i.e.,
if you purchase the 100 credit package, you will receive 130 credits).
If you are an elite member, the bonus will be 40%! If you've been
sitting on the fence on whether to purchase credits or not, now is a
good time to take the plunge!
Also, there is a special event as well. Nymphs have arrived to help the
Giving Tree protect the Basin of Life from the Wounded Sky. Give the
nymphs a present and they will give you a bough of holly. Nymphs do not
like commodities or certain other items (like corpses)--they prefercrafted objects, etc. If you drop the holly at the Ail'an Gloria, the
Giving Tree, you will receive its thanks in return! If you do this 21
days in December, you will receive a special artifact present! Type
QUESTEVENT to check your status.
Happy Holidays!

Penned by My hand on the 4th of Roarkian, in the year 311 CE.

You quickly unwrap a present shaped like an acorn, which sprays glittering
silver dust and cheerful confetti into the air, and excitedly store 325 redtint
and 402 meatfeed in your rift.

That's... quite a few bags of meat... time to sell to a shop
Sakr2011-12-01 12:17:43
where did you find the present? solstice gnomes shouldn't be here yet.. or are they?
Lawliet2011-12-01 12:28:01
Falcon:

where did you find the present? solstice gnomes shouldn't be here yet.. or are they?

Did you even READ the first bit? :P

You get a present from the tree on top of the thing after 21 days.
Sakr2011-12-01 12:32:24
yeah, saw that, then he has a quote underneath. Or wait, that was the thing he got from the nymphs? so you'd have a choice to go for the artifact or to get immediate returns?
Xenthos2011-12-01 12:41:26
Falcon:

yeah, saw that, then he has a quote underneath. Or wait, that was the thing he got from the nymphs? so you'd have a choice to go for the artifact or to get immediate returns?

No...

"If you drop the holly at the Ail'an Gloria, the Giving Tree, you will receive its thanks in return! If you do this 21 days in December, you will receive a special artifact present!"
Saran2011-12-01 12:50:08
More quotes I suppose

You drop a glowing bough of holly.
The holly vanishes in a swirl of white petals, and a sweet scent wafts up around
you. From high above, the boughs of Ail'an Gloria rustle and a present shaped
like an acorn drops down and falls into your hands.
You have completed the special event quest a total of 1 days in December.

The present is a box shaped like a large acorn, with a light brown skin and a
dark bark cap. From the top, a tiny sprig remains from the tree, with a single
holly leave attached. Carved on the bottom of the acorn is written, "UNWRAP ME".
It has 10 months of usefulness left.
It weighs 1 ounce(s).
It is closed and you can not see inside of it.
Daereth2011-12-01 12:54:35
I'm spent on these kinds of quests.. after the last one I wanted to beat someone with a baby.

Yet.. I can't -not- do it, just for the slight possible chance the "special artifact" actually measures up to the time put in. Yay for commodity presents I guess.
Sakr2011-12-01 12:57:57
oh. cool
Saran2011-12-01 13:02:50
Daereth:

I'm spent on these kinds of quests.. after the last one I wanted to beat someone with a baby.

Yet.. I can't -not- do it, just for the slight possible chance the "special artifact" actually measures up to the time put in. Yay for commodity presents I guess.

I understand, though I do prefer this compared to the frustrating "I didn't get a single present even though I was logged in all day".

Looks like imperian is doing "Log in 21 days and we activated Ironbeard", so yeah...
Turnus2011-12-01 14:17:53
Have all the presents so far been riftables?
Unknown2011-12-01 14:29:36
I got juniper and oolong tea. Nice and straightforward.
Unknown2011-12-01 14:44:03
It's kind of cute. The amounts make it likely that you'll eventually have more than you can hold in your rift, which can encourage giving to others. Also :heart: nymphs.
Unknown2011-12-01 15:27:35
I'm more excited about the +40% credit sale...
Looks like it's finally time to wake my favorite bear :).
Fayneix2011-12-01 16:34:51
Okay. I like it. It seems to be riftables, but I've only gotten juniper *shrug* oh well.
Tervic2011-12-01 20:43:46
I got auronidion, of all things. Bwah.
Kiradawea2011-12-01 22:56:34
That's probably the best thing you can get though.
Tervic2011-12-01 23:06:41
Well yes but how often do I go aethertrading? Hint: never.
Janalon2011-12-02 21:43:25
Does anyone think it would be tacky if I were to write a post to my org stating that A ) my commune shop is overstocked and many items face decay, B ) you can help yourself AND my shop by purchasing this overstock? Not sure if this would appear like a lame grovel, but it seems the quest was designed for the purpose of reducing this inventory.
Lilia2011-12-02 22:24:34
Sounds fine to me.
Sylphas2011-12-03 09:07:29
Janalon:

Does anyone think it would be tacky if I were to write a post to my org stating that A ) my commune shop is overstocked and many items face decay, B ) you can help yourself AND my shop by purchasing this overstock? Not sure if this would appear like a lame grovel, but it seems the quest was designed for the purpose of reducing this inventory.

If that was the point, it seems a bit too little. 31 items isn't going to cut a huge overstock by much. Although I'm glad of that myself, because it means I don't have to lay hands on a massive overstock to do it! I've just been giving them vials.