Ubermenche of Insanity!

by Enyalida

Back to Event Scrolls.

Enyalida2011-11-23 06:42:26
Okay, so this conversation happened at the Serenwilde nexus.

First:

2011/11/20 22:58:05 - Maedre stepped out of the Portal of Fate as a commune member.

Maedre, Pure Chime (Male Human).
He is 17 years old, having been born on the 16th of Urlachmar, 294 years after the Coming of Estarra.
He is unranked in Lusternia.
He is an extremely credible character.
He is a Ward in the Free Collective of Serenwilde.
He is a Pedestrian in the Fellowship of Explorers.
He is a graduate of the Ancestral Glade of the Moonharts (honours).
He is considered to be approximately 0% of your might.
He is not currently active in any family.

Maedre, Pure Chime says, "Though it has been some time.."

Unblooded Rauhaur, Keep of Aerys says, "You don't look like you're old enough to have forgotten anything of import yet, but you are human."

Rauhaur wrinkles his nose and sniffs.

Maedre utters a deep, rumbling laugh.

Maedre, Pure Chime says, "My body may be young..but mine Soul does not so easily forget the things that it has learned."

...((I go to do other things for a moment))...

Maedre, Pure Chime says, "I will not claim that I know all that it takes to be an Ubermensche..nor that I have met one definitivly."

You say, "But you would recognize one if you saw it?"

Maedre, Pure Chime says, "Highly doubtful."

Maedre, Pure Chime says, "I believe that only Lord Roark would be able to say so."
You say, "Transcending the bounds of mortal existance."

You put your hands on your hips and go "Hmmm!"

You say, "A sort of ascention, hmm?"

A wry smile spreads across your face.

Maedre, Pure Chime says, "It could be taken in many a fashion, M'lady."

Maedre nods his head emphatically.

Maedre, Pure Chime says, "I do not believe that every Ascendent is an Ubermensche."

Maedre, Pure Chime says, "But nor will I say that a single one is NOT and Ubermenshce."

Maedre clears his throat in an attempt to gain everyone's attention.

Maedre, Pure Chime says, "Ubermensche."

You say, "By definition, they can not be."

Maedre, Pure Chime bows lightly, grinning all the while.

You say, "You can ascend only by societal agreement."

You say, "And by becoming the archetypal champion of nations."

Maedre, Pure Chime says, "I cannot say for certain..It has been much to long since I have read His writ."

You say, "For one so young, you seem to have the memory of a tree, to have considered so much."

Maedre, Pure Chime taps his head lightly with a small smile.

Maedre, Pure Chime says, "As I told Rauhaur..My body may be young..but my soul does not easily forget M'lady."

With eyes sparkling, Maedre, Pure Chime says, "I could even be so bold as to say I partially remember a time before Gaudiguch and Hallifax were returned to the Basin.."

Raeri peers at Maedre unscrupulously.

Maedre, Pure Chime says, "Could..but I doubt any would believe me."

Maedre, Pure Chime sits back down and pulls his Lute infront of him, strumming idly.

You say, "Funny that your inner soul of all those in creation remembers fully its past incarnation."

Maedre utters a deep, rumbling laugh.

Maedre, Pure Chime says, "I wouldnt say fully M'lady..but bits and pieces yes."

You say, "Escaping the cycle of cleansing and true rebirth is not something to be taken too lightly."

With a slight hardness on the edges of his eyes, Maedre, Pure Chime says, "True rebirth is needed for some..but for others..it only muddles the quest of the Soul to find Happiness..at least..that is what I believe."

Serenguard Marpessa Starleaf laughingly says, "Remember the time before Hali and Gauddi, but Im old."

You look skeptical and say, "And you are such a one, for whom participating in the cycles of the Basin is not necessary?"

Serenguard Marpessa Starleaf says, "I didnt say that I dont think."

You say, "It would somehow muddy you?"

You say, "Not you."

You flash Marpessa a joyous smile.

Comprehension flashes across Marpessa's face.

Serenguard Marpessa Starleaf says, "Sorry."

With a shrug, Maedre, Pure Chime says, "Muddy? No..I just do not want to stray from my path is all..so I fight with tooth and nail and anger to retain that which I can."

You say, "For your path is separate from the cycle, and you are proof against that which all Nature participates in. You fight what is the true way of life."

Serenguard Marpessa Starleaf smiles and says, "I dont often agree with you, but this is a special case Enyalida."

Maedre, Pure Chime says, "If I am not supposed to remember? Then why do I? And why has it not been told to me that it is "wrong" that mine soul fights agaisnt these changes?"

Serenguard Marpessa Starleaf says, "She just did."

Maedre, Pure Chime rolls his eyes.

You say, "And I am in a position to know, as it were."

You say, "To assume that it is your right to break from Nature is insanity."

Maedre, Pure Chime says, "I never assumed that it was my right..only that it is."

You say, "Insanity that many are not particularly willing to tolerate."

Maedre stands up and stretches his arms out wide.

Maedre, Pure Chime says, "And I will leave if it is need be..I do not particularly care if some believe me to be Insane..but I will not ignore mine memories for a few."

Serenguard Marpessa Starleaf smiles with a wink and says, "Nobody asked you too, just dont talk about it."
kelvin2011-11-29 13:38:49
Hrm... it'd be interesting, though, if the character is sticking around. It's one thing to just pop out fresh from the Portal one day and open philosophical discourse based on your previous memories and another to follow through with it and, for example, make a sermon or write a book on Elder God dogma.