Shadowrun

by Unknown

Back to The Real World.

Unknown2011-11-12 02:53:13
With my Exalted campaign slowly coming to a close, I have begun work on writing up a storyline for a Shadowrun game, and am probing for interest. I know that at least 3 of my current players will be returning, but would like five to seven players.

For those who don't know, Shadowrun is a tabletop RPG based in the near future; a future where magic has returned to the world. In the chaos surrounding the return of magic, world spanning MegaCorps have taken over the planet, replacing the collapsing governments. The game combines cyberpunk, fantasy, film noir, and mission impossible-esqe espionage into an over the top awesome setting. I'm serious when I say you can roleplay as virtually anything you please in this game; ask me, we can probably find a way.

This campaign probably won't see a start until sometime in early January, but I find that it is best to start preparing in advance. If you are interested, you need not commit yourself; just let me know if you want more info or that I can contact you once my current campaign is done. Prior Shadowrun, or even tabletop RPG experience is NOT required. I can supply you with copies of all the books you will need. Shadowrun has very streamlined and easy to learn rules, and I tend to play a bit fast and loose with them anyway, to make play run more smoothly. I am absolutely willing to help players through character creation, and am patient with new players learning the rules, so no worries there.

My sessions take place once per week over Mumble voice chat and Tabletop, an mapping/dicebot interface. Our scheduling is pretty maneuverable, and I do my best to accommodate player schedules to the best of my ability.

So if you are at all interested, or have questions, just let me know.
If you want to see how I run games, let me know. I'll let you listen in on one of our Exalted games.

Unknown2011-11-12 04:20:04
I have like, zero experience with any of this kind of thing, but I might just be interested, because I'm supposed to be more social and try new things and whatever. Sooo...maybe! If you don't mind helping someone totally dumb and inept learn how to do stuff I guess.
Lehki2011-11-12 04:38:08
Phoebus:

I have like, zero experience with any of this kind of thing, but I might just be interested, because I'm supposed to be more social and try new things and whatever. Sooo...maybe! If you don't mind helping someone totally dumb and inept learn how to do stuff I guess.

Yeah I was going to make a pretty much identical post to that one.
Unknown2011-11-12 04:45:06
I would be absolutely thrilled to induct you into the hallowed halls of true nerddom!

I'll send you both a copy of the Core Rules and Runner's Companion. DO NOT PANIC; THE RULES MERELY LOOK COMPLEX!

Take a look through both and see what sorts of things you might be interested in, be it crafting, combat, social infiltration, magic, or hacking. Just let me know whatever interests you, and we can discuss it further.

Shulamit2011-11-12 05:04:15
I use to play in Shadowrun, and have a lot of the hard copy of the books (Core, Companion, Magic Companion, Vault thing). This sounds interesting.
Arix2011-11-12 16:04:57
I just bought Street Magic
Unknown2011-11-12 18:14:45
Are you interested as well?
Fayneix2011-11-12 22:05:10
I'm definitely interested :P I have my geeky-nerdy side
Unknown2011-11-12 22:15:31
While I am ecstatic to have so many people interested, just not that I don't want to have more than about 8 people, so depending on how many players I retain and how many people stay interested, there may have to ask some people to go.

No sense worrying about it yet though! I would be even happier if I could keep everyone who is interested.
Arix2011-11-12 22:35:33
I'm currently in a Shadowrun game IRL, I don't want to burn out
Unknown2011-11-12 22:43:29
Don't blame you. Multiple games can be difficult to manage.
Kalaneya2011-11-12 23:58:22
I'm interested, but I need to work out my schedule which is a little crazy. I'll let you know if I'll be able to commit in 2wks or so.
Fayneix2011-11-25 23:38:18
I need some help with my character creation. Still a little shaky on that.
Enyalida2011-11-26 00:42:50
He likes to fairly heavily change some aspects of Character Creation. I wouldn't do anything before talking with him about what he wants to do. Usually starts higher then base level, with strategic changes to things he finds stupid.
Fayneix2011-11-26 02:15:47
Well, I'm starting with the base Elf creation stats on page 73 of the "Shadowrun" Shadowrun book he gave us the download to, and I'm going to go from there as I read. If I run into problems....I'll ask on here, I suppose.
Fayneix2011-11-26 03:03:39
Alright, this is what I have so far, I'm on buying Positive and Negative, and maybe Knowledge Skills. Haven't read too many of them yet.

Alyss Rosestride

Female Elf (homo sapiens nobilis) Magician

19 years old. 98 lbs. 5'11".

Body: 3/6 (9)
Agility: 6/7 (10)
Reaction: 4/6 (9)
Strength: 1/6 (9)
Charisma: 7/8(12)
Intuition: 4/6 (9)
Logic: 5/6 (9)
Willpower: 5/6 (9)
Initiative: 8/12(18)
Magic: 6/6
Edge: 3
Essence: 6
BP MAX 500

Attributes and such

30 BP - Elf
20 BP - Body increase
40 BP - Agility increase
30 BP - Reaction increase
40 BP - Charisma increase
30 BP - Intuition increase
40 BP - Logic increase
40 BP - Willpower increase

240 BP Total.

260 BP Remaining:

Attributes and such

15 BP - Magician
75 BP - Max Magic
20 BP - Edge increase

130 BP Remaining:

5 BP - Born Rich

So that puts me at 125 BP remaining total :|
Unknown2011-11-26 03:23:53
AHHH! You don't need to post characters here! Besides, I'll guide you through character creation, since I tend to play a bit fast and loose with the rules on things that I feel are stupid. Also: be sure to read my houserules page before you make a character. If you had you would have noticed that you have 500 BP...

Also: You have STR 1; in other words, legally crippled. You have muscular dystrophy or similar; change that unless you want to deal with the consequences. You have no equipment and no active skills yet, so consider which ones you want. You may have to give up some stat points to skills; your stas are entirely too high for a mage unless you are going totally unskilled. Unless you actually want the extra equipment capacity, you don't need to pay for Born Rich; you can write wealth into your backstory without it.
Xenthos2011-11-26 03:26:48
The numbers there seem to be totaling to 500..?
Fayneix2011-11-26 03:27:49
OOPS!!! I know, but I haven't been accepted into the Wiki, and not sure where to put it in there anyway...I know, but only allowed to put 250 in Attributes, the other 250 go towards skills and such. I'm working on my KS now, this is where I'm stuck.
Unknown2011-11-26 03:33:29
Xenthos:

The numbers there seem to be totaling to 500..?

He limited himself to 200 BP for stats when I first looked, so I assumed that he only had 400 BP.