New Beasts?

by Unknown

Back to Ideas.

Unknown2011-11-12 20:22:02
I've been wondering... since the other cities and communes have a general beast trader on their respective Cosmic/Ethereal planes, will Halli and Gaudi get their own someday too? I know Continuum is technically 'dead', but maybe for Air? Anywho, just a couple ideas.

Hallifax Continuum/Air:

-Mist/Biolucent/Fractal Hydra

Inherents: Psionicblast and or Chameleon and Fly?

Gaudiguch Vortex/Fire:

- Flesh/Septic/Conflagrant Sphinx/Sphynx (hmm hairless flaming kitties? Silly, but an interesting image XD)

Inherents: Hypnoticgaze or Reflection and Fly?

Anyone else up for brainstorming?
Unknown2011-11-12 20:32:45
Those would be some EXPENSIVE beasts from all those train heavy intrinsic. We're talking over 300k each.
Unknown2011-11-12 20:49:00
Hm, well they wouldn't have to have all of them or any I'd suggested at all, I'd mainly chosen them trying to adhere to the 'themes' I suppose. Psionic with aeromancy and hypnotic with the whole mysterious aspect of Gaudi. But if anyone reallly wanted one, I'm sure they'd be able to, I've seen mammoths around and they're about 300k I think? EDIT: Oh, spiders are about 300k too.. they already have hypnotic gaze.. so reflections then for the sphynx.
Arcanis2011-11-19 19:00:39
I like the idea of hallifax beast having the ability to Fly, I think it only makes sense that it does. Maybe some sort of cloud creature?

Though I love Sphinxes, im not sure if those would be allowed Lusternia :/ . Maybe a sort of komodo dragon type of theme as the mount?
Unknown2011-11-19 19:28:08
I remember seeing a statue of a sphinx once along the way to Avechna's peak, likely someone's custom beast. I forget his name in his desc though. Could maybe be something more like the sphinxes in MirrorMask, more felid than humanoid, with just a creepy face of vortex bits perhaps.
Malarious2011-11-20 08:12:29
I think Marinas pet is a sphinx.

Also, as the kephera names seem to be Egyptian... Tutophet? King tut? We draw from everywhere, I do not see why we would be scared of sphinxes in a city full of pyramids :P
Unknown2011-12-08 07:26:19
Oo, another idea to go along with my first post, maybe instead of a 300k price tag, make them available upon completion of a quest given by the beast trader. Like wyverns but the actual reward, not just being able to see the eggs as wares to buy. If anyone knows/remembers the old, long quest chain to hatch the spritedarter egg minipet in WoW, something like that would be fun.

EDIT: Here's what the quest chain was: Freedom for All Creatures
Enyalida2011-12-08 08:42:31
That would make it substantially easier to get. I'd be cool with that if you had to go get it like... fertilized or something from the stablemaster, and they demanded the 300k or however much gold.
Qistrel2012-02-09 16:19:07
So, necro cause I have an ideas.

To continue the equine theme started by the pegasus and nightmare, I think Vortex should get sleipners. Sleipner was a mythical horse like Pegasus. He was from Norse mythology, and had eight legs, which apperently allowed him to run really fast. And fly. I think a steed with eight legs would fit into Vortex really well, paralleling the weird multiparted creatures there. Perhaps they could be the result of some sort of experiment on normal horses using Vortex powers and energies.

I wanted to suggest the above alongside a good Continuum beast too, but can't find an equine equivalent that fits well into Continuum. And I've scoured books and the internet. We already have hippogriffs, or I would suggest Hallifax start a breeding experiment to cross horses and thunderbirds. :D
Razenth2012-02-09 19:02:24
No no no no no. They should make ROBOT UNICORNS.
Raeri2012-02-10 01:35:38
Razenth:

No no no no no. They should make ROBOT UNICORNS.

With lasers! That fly! (The unicorns, not the lasers. Though flying unicorns with flying lasers work too)
Unknown2012-02-10 01:51:59
Hallifax can have the sleipners. Gaudiguch gets hippocampi instead. Because it's only fitting that the only cosmic plane with water have half-fish half-horse half-bird creatures.
Unknown2012-02-10 02:11:20
Mn, but does it really have to be equid? There's enough around as it is. Halli and Gaudi should have something.. that's not for lack of a better word.. cliche. Sorry. ^^; Something new and exciting and not just 'oh look its another horse/unicorn/pegasus' thing that all other fantasy settings subscribe to.

And yes, that is a MLP avatar below. But still.
Eventru2012-02-10 05:24:28
Greleag:

Hallifax can have the sleipners. Gaudiguch gets hippocampi instead. Because it's only fitting that the only cosmic plane with water have half-fish half-horse half-bird creatures.

How do you know it's really water...? :3 Actually, I don't think it does anywhere!
Unknown2012-02-10 07:30:04
All the substances on Vortex are exactly what you don't want them to be.
Unknown2012-02-10 12:57:34
Water, protoplasm, same difference really. One's just a bit more chunky.