Cartel Expansions

by Xenthos

Back to Ideas.

Xenthos2011-11-06 02:45:34
Idea:
Add to any clan that is a cartel, the ability to 'associate' with a craftsperson.

The following would be the rules:
1) The trademaster (or someone with appropriate induction privs) are the only people who can extend the invitation to be an associate.
2) Associating with a cartel does not consume a clan slot.
3) Associating with a cartel does not give the person access to the clan's aether channel or the clan news boards.
4) Being associated with a cartel will not allow you to run for Trademaster; you must be a full member of the clan itself to do so.
5) Add a flag to all designs which only the Trademaster can toggle which says whether or not Associates are allowed to create that item. Default to 'no' for all designs, so they must be explicitly allowed.

This will allow more people to be involved in cartels and using the designs, while giving more control over use of those designs to the trademaster at the same time.

Especially with people being able to own multiple tradeskills, it's absurdly easy to run through all 10 clan positions, even if you've spent 200+ credits on extra clan slots... so all those excess cartels and clans just go unused by the general populace, even if they would like to be a part of it.
Aison2011-11-06 03:21:34
A+, I like the sound of this. It's frustrating to be in a bunch of cartels that are inactive but still have great designs you want to make, but take up clan slots.
Xenthos2011-12-31 05:48:02
I am bumping this idea because I like it! It would make life ever so pleasant.
Enyalida2011-12-31 06:38:19
Yeah, and would open things like guild cartels to non-guild tradespeople without inducting them to those guild clans. So if we want our special thingy made, we don't need to hunt down or induct someone for the purpose!
Saran2011-12-31 07:02:43
I'd kinda like a different version, make a new clan type that can't create designs but can make a deal with cartels for access to their designs along with the ability for clans to set up regular payments to other clans. Allows say... Shulamit to have a clan with all of her designs in it, or a clan for Horacle themed stuff.

Ok, so yeah I wish there were options for other clan expansion types >_> it was a good idea that I think could be expanded on.
Enyalida2011-12-31 18:48:42
I don't think that any system that involves regular payments to anyone would work out, honestly. Look at clan dues, does ANYONE use them? I think that the Merchant's Guild did, way back in the day, but haven't heard of anyone else. And really, being in that clan gave you access to a real merchant's guildhall, so whatever.
Saran2012-01-01 01:35:41
Enyalida:

I don't think that any system that involves regular payments to anyone would work out, honestly. Look at clan dues, does ANYONE use them? I think that the Merchant's Guild did, way back in the day, but haven't heard of anyone else. And really, being in that clan gave you access to a real merchant's guildhall, so whatever.

It's actually a separate option, not a requirement.