Egerias, guidance, pondering.

by Eritheyl

Back to Event Scrolls.

Eritheyl2011-10-30 22:10:07
Back story:
Eritheyl recently left Hoaracle's Order, after lengthy consideration. The bell referenced is a small
token of His, given to His followers. I thought it went unnoticed, as it has been just over a week IRL,
but I was surprised while standing around at the Matrix with this. A somewhat short exchange, but
it was nice. I missed all of the fun of Hoaracle <3

---

A single, sombre note rings out and touches your ears, humming softly from within your backpack.

You take an opalescent crystal bell from a white leather backpack.

At your touch, the bell lights with song; however, the music is soft, and indeed, very sad.

-at this point, I moved to a place within His temple-

With a final hum, the soft musics of the bell fade away, disappearing into the aether. Strangely,
you hear a weird crack emanate, concluding all sound.

You notice words have formed along the rim of the bell.

You read what is written on an opalescent crystal bell:
Your dreams are missed, Eritheyl. I wait for you whenever you decide to return.

A musty breeze blows in from the south, ushering mouldering fragments of bark and leaves that
form a sibylline egerias.

A sibylline egerias smiles impossibly, her flinty bill curving upright.

You smile softly.

You say, "Greetings."

In a weird, warbling voice, A sibylline egerias says, "Salutations, His Once Architect."

You glance askance.

In a weird, warbling voice, A sibylline egerias says, "Do not fret. We, and He, habours no
ill will."

A sibylline egerias chokes a strange cough - like a hacking wheeze.

A sibylline egerias says, "Harbour, that is."

You say, "I am...rather upset with myself. Leaving without a word, leaving at all..."

You chew on your lip thoughtfully.

The egerias slithers closer toward you, her peculiar legs granting her crane-like height.
"Sometimes that is what is needed. As you recall, He only wishes for you to be happy."

A sibylline egerias stares at you blankly, her cataract-filled eyes looking at you with
supernatural ability.

You say, "I assumed I would be somewhat happier, leaving responsibilities and imagined
expectations for others."

You sigh, "A great mistake, on my part."

A sibylline egerias nods her head, her whole body shaking in the process.

In a weird, warbling voice, A sibylline egerias says, "It is only His expectations that
were upon you, you know. He favoured you above many others. But it matters not now,
He only wishes for your happiness."

You let loose a long breath from your lungs, exhaling slowly.

You say, "Happiness has been somewhat elusive for me, as of late. I do like to keep busy,
to try and hold my motivation and purpose above other things. But I am spreading myself
a bit too thin, I fear."

With that strange, impossible smile, the egerias croons, "Then you should change that.
You deserve happiness."

You say, "I would certainly love to. But it seems almost impossible, at this point."

You say, "Perhaps that is my pessimism and stress speaking."

You furrow your brow in thought.

A sibylline egerias nods. "Yes, that is perhaps it," she replies musingly.

You say, "I...am not sure what to do, honestly."

You look undecided and say, "I am lost."

In a weird, warbling voice, A sibylline egerias says, "You are not lost. You are found.
You are here. You must make a decision and let it happen. Doubt weakens your connection to your dreams, to the Soil. You must take what you want and accept it. You must dream while awake."

You purse your lips pensively, gazing off into the distance as you carefully gather your
thoughts.

You say, "Certainly a great deal to ponder over..."

A sibylline egerias nods enthusiastically, her mouldering wings flapping behind her.

In a weird, warbling voice, A sibylline egerias says, "I must depart to my own dreams,
Eritheyl. But if you need Him, He will care for you."

A sibylline egerias smiles impossibly, her flinty bill curving upright.

You smile softly.

You say, "Thank you, for your guidance."

A sibylline egerias offers you a strange bow, a rigid affair but nonetheless kind.

A sibylline egerias crumbles to pieces, falling to a sudden breeze that blows the odd bits
of bark and leaves to the south.