Real Word forumites, heed my call

by Unknown

Back to The Real World.

Unknown2011-10-08 19:12:33
OK so basically there is this post I'm looking for, I cant find it. It concerns some pc software.

Someone posted a link to a program that would graphically show you what percentage of space your hard drive was using and where (like in blocks in different colors). Trying to do some PC cleaning and I think it would help. Anyone remember the name of the software? I think Cuber posted it though I could be way wrong on that. I haven't had any luck searching for it.
Unknown2011-10-08 20:41:53
http://www.uderzo.it/main_products/space_sniffer/index.html

You might also try one of these alternatives (search this page for Space Sniffer)

http://www.hanselman.com/blog/ScottHanselm...ForWindows.aspx

Unknown2011-10-08 21:25:27
spacesniffer is really neat, thanks
Acrune2011-10-10 03:14:21
Stopped by to see if anyone commented about ToP, found this thread >_>

Anyway, sounds like overdisk. I use it all the time at work, its great.
Unknown2011-10-10 12:54:19
QUOTE (B_a_L_i @ Oct 8 2011, 05:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
spacesniffer is really neat, thanks

I'm glad you asked about it because I needed to check my disk space, and this was perfect. There's a lot of things I didn't realize were taking up loads of space, such as a few games I stopped playing.

QUOTE (Acrune @ Oct 9 2011, 11:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Stopped by to see if anyone commented about ToP, found this thread >_>

Anyway, sounds like overdisk. I use it all the time at work, its great.

Wow, Tears of Polaris was cancelled (or suspended indefinitely), can't say I'm surprised because of all the delays (and lack of corporate promotions).

Overdisk is good, but you might want to try Space Sniffer because it's really fast--just an EXE file that scans a disk and saves its config/results to a single XML file. It's pretty quick and it does a good job, even though it's not as feature-rich as Overdisk.
Rakor2011-10-10 14:18:07
Ignore them, you want Sequoia view