attempt at a personal history

by Sakr

Back to Creative Arts.

Sakr2011-09-26 22:18:00
This is a personal history for Sakr. Can someone rip through it and point out mistakes please? Or let me know what kind of image you are getting from reading it?

---------------------
I wasn't always a faeling. I remember back in the day, back when I was a child, that I was a trill. Changing my race was something entirely different, it was based on a different principle, a different reasoning than what I had as a child. Times changed, times changed again, yet I remained with the same spark.

I was a trill, born with a merchant's spark. My birth parents taught me a few tricks, sure, but they moved on in the world. They moved on and left me with my world, with brains but no brawn. It was a dream when I was a child that I would be a combatant, defending my home and being able to force my enemies to bow their heads down. But it remained a dream – a fun filled one, true, but a dream never the less. Bullies would teach me otherwise later on.

No, as a child I didn't learn about the ways of the sword, but learned about using my intellect. Even after my parents moved on, I would watch others twist their tongue to make another person believe their lies, so that they would seduce, or empower. I would learn how to make use of that intellect, that intellect that took a much higher place than improving my strength. Mind games, chess problems, staying in one of the great libraries and reading and reading and reading. Dreams became fantasies, and names came to me as snippets in the news.

I wanted to become an aristocrat as a child. Not one of those that earn their place through birth, but I wanted to become one that became an aristocrat through work. That was the only way it felt right, that placement in my life that said “I earned this.” I wanted as a child to build as well, to build and build and build worlds that defied imagination. To build homes and ships and to create that place where I would not be alone. It was fueled by my childhood, looking back at it now, but it carried such a great significance to me. And still, I am edging myself on to complete that dream, for dreams and memories are all that remain from the past.