Skyrim

by Unknown

Back to The Real World.

Unknown2011-09-18 22:32:12
Well.

Just saw the new 3-part gameplay teaser. First one's here, find the rest in the sidebar. All I have to say is...
jawdrop.gif

Also I'm so glad I pre-ordered and goodbye social life come 11/11/11
Shikari2011-09-18 22:47:36
I'm quite excited for Skyrim, though I may wait a bit to play it. I'll be too busy with Assassin's Creed Revelations come November.
Ardmore2011-09-18 22:48:44
QUOTE (Akeley @ Sep 18 2011, 06:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well.

Just saw the new 3-part gameplay teaser. First one's here, find the rest in the sidebar. All I have to say is...
jawdrop.gif

Also I'm so glad I pre-ordered and goodbye social life come 11/11/11

biggrin.gif I'm definitely getting it, but I don't buy into all the hype. Their games are extremely poor until they've been out for ~ a year, though I'll admit they're putting a lot more work into this one than their previous games. I'm very saddened that they primarily developed this game for consoles and then ported it over to PC, but hopefully they do a better job of that than other companies. Either way, I know the game will be great - eventually.

QUOTE (Shikari @ Sep 18 2011, 06:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm quite excited for Skyrim, though I may wait a bit to play it. I'll be too busy with Assassin's Creed Revelations come November.

Yes... Yeeeeesssssss. I need to finish up platinum-ing Brotherhood before I can jump into Revelations, though!
Jack2011-09-19 10:10:26
I think I've posted this before, but it's an adequate summation of my state of anticipation.
Unknown2011-09-19 13:52:40
I get to be an argonian in an unknown land again

times are good
Unknown2011-09-19 15:01:35
QUOTE (Jack @ Sep 19 2011, 05:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think I've posted this before, but it's an adequate summation of my state of anticipation.

My feelings exactly. I just hope father is kind to me come 11/11/11. ;-;
Unknown2011-09-19 15:01:43
QUOTE (B_a_L_i @ Sep 19 2011, 10:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

times are good

Orcs > all
Everiine2011-09-19 21:01:19
Redguard warriors or Khajiit thieves pwn.
Unknown2011-09-19 22:26:51
QUOTE (Shikari @ Sep 18 2011, 06:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've never played The Elder Scrolls series at all. I might try Skyrim--I liked Fallout 3 but I don't like the genre (apocalyptic retro-future just doesn't sing to me).

But yes to AC:Revelations! wahoo.gif I just am waiting now for the damn thing to be solicited on Steam, since that's where I got AC:2 and Brotherhood from!
Seraku2011-09-19 22:34:41
QUOTE (B_a_L_i @ Sep 19 2011, 09:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

times are good

Argonians few. Also they look amazing in skyrim.
Unknown2011-09-19 22:48:12
To be fair, everything looks amazing in Skyrim. Screenshots I've seen were utterly engrossing. I was basically in immersion without ever seeing the models in action.
Unknown2011-09-19 22:49:39
QUOTE (Akeley @ Sep 19 2011, 05:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
To be fair, everything looks amazing in Skyrim. Screenshots I've seen were utterly engrossing. I was basically in immersion without ever seeing the models in action.

The ponies....the ponies look very nice. :3 (yes...I judge any game with ponies by their pony quality!)
Casilu2011-09-19 22:58:58
QUOTE (Phred @ Sep 19 2011, 03:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've never played The Elder Scrolls series at all. I might try Skyrim--I liked Fallout 3 but I don't like the genre (apocalyptic retro-future just doesn't sing to me).

But yes to AC:Revelations! wahoo.gif I just am waiting now for the damn thing to be solicited on Steam, since that's where I got AC:2 and Brotherhood from!

I was thinking the same thing about Skyrim, but it is like... third priority game-wise this year.
Ssaliss2011-09-19 23:06:13
I've played both Morrowind and Oblivion, and I liked Oblivion far more than Morrowind. I'm really excited about Skyrim though, and I'm very likely to get it day one (already pre-ordered it).
Xenthos2011-09-19 23:44:59
QUOTE (Ssaliss @ Sep 19 2011, 07:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've played both Morrowind and Oblivion, and I liked Oblivion far more than Morrowind. I'm really excited about Skyrim though, and I'm very likely to get it day one (already pre-ordered it).

I was more enthralled by Morrowind than Oblivion, personally, but Skyrim is my #1 game to look forward to at the moment. Has been for a while!
Ssaliss2011-09-19 23:47:15
My main gripe with Morrowind was the lack of quick travel. Most of the game I spent walking to where I was supposed to go; Oblivion removed that for me. That meant less down-time and more action.
Xenthos2011-09-19 23:52:18
QUOTE (Ssaliss @ Sep 19 2011, 07:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My main gripe with Morrowind was the lack of quick travel. Most of the game I spent walking to where I was supposed to go; Oblivion removed that for me. That meant less down-time and more action.

In Morrowind I had the Mage guild and the bind-stone, which got me everywhere I wanted to go (except the northern ash-lands, which admittedly was a third of the map). But by the time I was exploring up there I had boots of levitation and the ability to fly wherever I wanted to go, so it wasn't a huge issue.

I think that was part of the reason I liked Morrowind more, there was the ability to do pretty much -anything- with enchantments, which was weakened drastically in Oblivion.
Ssaliss2011-09-20 00:10:45
QUOTE (Xenthos @ Sep 20 2011, 01:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In Morrowind I had the Mage guild and the bind-stone, which got me everywhere I wanted to go (except the northern ash-lands, which admittedly was a third of the map). But by the time I was exploring up there I had boots of levitation and the ability to fly wherever I wanted to go, so it wasn't a huge issue.

I think that was part of the reason I liked Morrowind more, there was the ability to do pretty much -anything- with enchantments, which was weakened drastically in Oblivion.

I'll agree that the openness was much better in Morrowind. The fact that you could only enter cities through set entrances always annoyed me, as did the lack of flying. I hope that's fixed for Skyrim though. As for enchantments... yeah. 100% camouflage, need I say more?
Everiine2011-09-20 00:35:25
QUOTE (Ssaliss @ Sep 19 2011, 08:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'll agree that the openness was much better in Morrowind. The fact that you could only enter cities through set entrances always annoyed me, as did the lack of flying. I hope that's fixed for Skyrim though. As for enchantments... yeah. 100% camouflage, need I say more?

The major cities are going to be separate cells like Oblivion, so I'm pretty sure that Levitation/flying will not be part of Skyrim.

I thought that the voice-acting in Oblivion grossly limited dialogue options. It also limited mods that added new quests. I would rather take the text-dialogue of Morrowind, which had the better story anyway, than the limitations of Oblivions very limited voices.
Xenthos2011-09-20 01:28:14
QUOTE (Ssaliss @ Sep 19 2011, 08:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I got 'tired' of Oblivion near the end (the whole leveling up of mobs leading to a huge waste of time, as they never had anything I wanted anyways), so I just used invisibility spells to run around everywhere. I spent the last 10% of the game not killing anything except things that I 'had' to.

I guess that was also part of it, at that point it lost the 'epic' feeling, it was just tedious.