Alchemy Ingredients Calculator

by Unknown

Back to Mechanic's Corner.

Unknown2011-08-30 14:49:25
Hiyo. I'm currently setting one up in MS Excel (which I'll attach later), but I was wondering if anyone already had an ingredients calulator for alchemy set up? To be used by shopkeepers or people with lots of different potions to refill. I didn't see one when I searched the Mechanic's Corner.
Thanks!

Input: number of refills for every potion
Output: total amounts of herbs and other ingredients needed

Edit: Now in Google Spreadsheet. Has generic comms calculator and potions ingredients calculator.
Google Spreadsheet: Lusternia Trade Calculator 2.0
File > Make a copy...*

Google Spreadsheet: Lusternia Trade Calculator 2.0 Demo
Anyone can edit, even without a Google account.

---
Deprecated Excel 2000 Spreadsheet: Lusternia Potions Calculator

* Need to be signed in to Google.
Unknown2011-08-30 19:30:21
And done! Grab it here. Let me know if there's any errors.

"calculator" sheet
Put amount of refills you want in column B
Amounts for ingredients (for a potion) show up in the row
Total amounts for ingredients (for all potions) show up at the bottom

"amounts for one vial refill" sheet
If there's anything wrong with the amounts listed here, fix and run macro correct_formulas.

You can protect both sheets so that only the amount of refills you want can be changed. (Need to unprotect both sheets to fix formulas though)
Unknown2011-08-30 21:28:57
Apologies for triple-post. It's been reuploaded. The link from before should still work. You can also get it here.
List of ingredients in one cell are now at the end after yarrow. (To save your eyes from scrolling back and forth.)

Made possible by adding user-defined function ConcatList. If someone is patient enough to look into ConcatList and find a way to remove the last comma, I'd appreciate it. >_<
Ssaliss2011-08-30 21:35:38
Not having seen the function (nor knowing how you program in Excel, to be frank), I check to see if the current string is empty. If it is, add the item in the list. If it isn't, add a comma and then the item in the list. Should do the trick!
Vadi2011-08-31 00:46:29
Can Google Docs spreadsheets be public with formulas? If that's possible, it's be great to have this in a browser, rather than having to start a slow and resource-hogging program each time.
Unknown2011-08-31 01:04:42
QUOTE (Vadi @ Aug 30 2011, 08:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Can Google Docs spreadsheets be public with formulas? If that's possible, it's be great to have this in a browser, rather than having to start a slow and resource-hogging program each time.

Haha. Funny you say that. A friend just revealed to me the wonders of Google App Scripting. It was really quick to get a grasp of, so I'm switching over to that as soon as I can.
Unknown2011-09-04 13:03:08
Yay Java Script. If you're logged in to Google, you can make a copy of the protected spreadsheet at Google Spreadsheet: Lusternia Trade Calculator 2.0.

If you don't have a Google account, there's a demo, Google Spreadsheet: Lusternia Trade Calculator 2.0 Demo, which anyone can edit.

Thanks to Jaari, Aubrey, Tandus, Ssaliss and Vadi. Also thanks to Lendren, whose wiki I copied the required comms for things from.
---
Warning: Please don't change the "Commodities" sheet. It's used by one of the scripts and is for future implementation of calculating costs (in sovereigns).
---
"Calculator" sheet
Currently has two tattoos and some tints to show how it works. Feel free to overwrite them.
For alchemy, use the "Potions Calculator" sheet, as Total Required Power Reserves is calculated differently.
Feel free to duplicate the "Calculator" sheet and rename the copies for separate things out (e.g., Tailoring, Jewelry)

Input:
For each row, put in the Item, Amount, Required Comms, and Required Power Reserves (if any).
Amount can be left blank if you're not making any of that item.
Required Comms may be of either format " " or " ".

Output:
Amount * Required Comms shows up after an Amount is entered.
The Total of Amount * Required Comms and Total Required Power Reserves shows up at the bottom.

"Potions Calculator" sheet
All the potions from alchemy, lorecraft, and brewmeister have already been listed.

Input:
Put in how many refills you want under Refills (column B ).

Output:
The Total of Amount * Required Comms (E47) and Total Required Power Reserves (D48) shows up at the bottom.
Total Required Power Reserves calculates the minimum amount of reserves needed.
Ssaliss2011-09-04 14:10:26
Two minor suggestions: First, a keg-rune entry that takes into account the extra fills (i.e. if you enter 125 fills and a level 1 keg rune, it outputs the requirements for 100 fills), and a more specified power-reserves output (for partial powerstones and whatnot).