Hive Ankhemet

by Azus

Back to Event Scrolls.

Azus2011-08-29 08:32:28
This thread will be used to display the newest happenings of Hive Ankhemet (in the hopes of attracting new kephera) and serve as a place where we can get feedback from all of you onlookers.

In today's news; We officially have an Orb of Keph! While we're still strapped for RP reasons to have magically acquired this artifact, we're proud because this means that (however tangentially) we have admin support! I am personally more overjoyed to have the Orb than Jhen, because this means I -can- have glowing wax in designs after all! (And it is -everywhere in the UV, so it really wouldn't be the same without it!).

We had Shulamit visit the other month as well! It was a -pleasure- taking Shulamit around, and I've always held her in high regard because of that brilliant design-factory she calls a brain. I'm sorry that Azus' fixation on Females is off-putting, but in kepheran culture, gender is a big issue. Not recognising a Female's superiority would be rude! While Azus is designing plenty of kepheran foods for public (for now) consumption, I'm sure any stuff you decide to make will be much-loved and well-stocked in our store, Altal en-Ankhemet.
Unknown2011-08-29 08:52:29
It is certainly an amazing thing to be a part of something so grand. It has been great to see our hard work pay off. The roleplay is really fun and I am looking forward to watching the Hive grow.
Azus2011-08-29 09:41:17
I'm considering making a NOHARDQUESTIONS scroll for Shedrin. Stop making us think on the spot! crying.gif
(But seriously, feel free. It's quite handy, and makes us actualise our stances and views.)
Shedrin2011-08-29 09:43:15
QUOTE (Azus @ Aug 29 2011, 04:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm considering making a NOHARDQUESTIONS scroll for Shedrin. Stop making us think on the spot! crying.gif
(But seriously, feel free. It's quite handy, and makes us actualise our stances and views.)

It's what I do. *Is doing it to Jhen this very moment*

edit: I also like that Elostian's order has a NOEASYQUESTIONS scroll.
Lehki2011-08-29 09:54:29
I would certainly like to hear how you got an Orb of Keph. Certainly seems a bit out there for something previously only held by the Great Queens in the Nodal Hives to be handed out to some fledgling hive on the surface. o_o
Azus2011-08-29 10:33:10
I'm going to say that we got it from the Queen of Queens in blessing, after that second time we raised her. We just had to craft the pedestal for it. Stay tuned IG for more UV quest news!

Also! I've used the Orb to make a psionic web around Hive Ankhemet, which we can enter and redirect to our liking! We can enter the psionic web and use it to travel aetherspace, just like an aethership. And since the psionic web is the thing that attaches the Prime location of the Hive to the Fulcrux, if the web is being redirected to travel, we can't connect from the Aetherplex to the Fulcrux. I really like the idea, and the way it fits so well into the RP, both in terms of actual RP and mechanics.

Our kepheran babies and siblings can see the first psionic room by turning their attention inward by the Orb of Keph.
Unknown2011-08-29 10:39:34
I quite enjoyed our little chat. It really made me think. There is a lot of history I have to consider before I answer.
Shulamit2011-08-29 16:12:40
Shulamit enjoyed the trip into the hive, it was quite lovely! She quite loved the whole room made of wax, and will likely be working in wax a bit more (well, that and everything Mysraian, of course). The whole Female thing was only really off-putting at first, but then she saw how nice you were, and decided it was just a very racial thing to do, and rather then try and force Azus to call her Shulamit, she'll just pretend he's saying Shulamit instead. *sagenod*
Eritheyl2011-08-29 16:18:00
Oh. A bit late, but I'm sorry I concluded the wedding with such a lame line. I got nervous. -askance-
Krackenor2011-08-29 17:59:56
chin.gif

I must break you.

murphy.gif

/forum rp
Casilu2011-08-29 18:02:16
QUOTE (Krackenor @ Aug 29 2011, 10:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
chin.gif

I must break you.

murphy.gif

/forum rp

Don't make me destroy you, Krackhead.
Krackenor2011-08-29 19:22:42
It's hardly my fault that this was my first thought after reading the news post.
Casilu2011-08-29 20:36:14
QUOTE (Krackenor @ Aug 29 2011, 12:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's hardly my fault that this was my first thought after reading the news post.

It is your fault for not knowing of my... investment in the hive. Muhahahaha.
Krackenor2011-08-29 20:43:33
...This really isn't persuading me to pursue a different path
Casilu2011-08-29 20:48:05
QUOTE (casilu @ Aug 29 2011, 11:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Don't make me destroy you, Krackhead.

Azus2011-08-29 21:02:18
Silence, illithoid scum! whip.gif

Casilu, why does that sound so ominous? We don't have any super inappropriate Princesses, so you must be faking or behaving yourself. Either way, you're welcome in the Hive! (We love all our Princesses at the moment.) Feel free to whip some of the males into line; they should be refering to you as Princess.

Also! I'd like to announce the opening of the Ankhemet artisan cartel, the Waxwood Artisan Cartel. The worker and warrior beds have been submitted already, and we're waiting for Queen Jhen to decide what throne she thinks would suit the Hive and its goals. If you have an idea, feel free to share it! I also designed a tent, just because. I think it's rather pretty, but that's just me. Hopefully, we can get a kepheran artisan, so we don't have to outsource!
Xenthos2011-08-29 21:27:06
I read this and the very first thing I want to do is convert Ilosia's shield orb into a kepheran globe...

... only corrupted, twisted, and very Wyrden, completely subverted from its original purpose into a horrible grotesquery, just to show what we think of the Undervault Kepherans.
Krackenor2011-08-29 22:00:03
QUOTE (Xenthos @ Aug 29 2011, 05:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I read this and the very first thing I want to do is convert Ilosia's shield orb into a kepheran globe...

... only corrupted, twisted, and very Wyrden, completely subverted from its original purpose into a horrible grotesquery, just to show what we think of the Undervault Kepherans.

Huzzah!

In all seriousness, though, congrats on establishing this, and good luck with the hive.
Kiradawea2011-08-29 22:58:35
QUOTE (Azus @ Aug 29 2011, 10:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This thread will be used to display the newest happenings of Hive Ankhemet (in the hopes of attracting new kephera) and serve as a place where we can get feedback from all of you onlookers.

In today's news; We officially have an Orb of Keph! While we're still strapped for RP reasons to have magically acquired this artifact, we're proud because this means that (however tangentially) we have admin support! I am personally more overjoyed to have the Orb than Jhen, because this means I -can- have glowing wax in designs after all! (And it is -everywhere in the UV, so it really wouldn't be the same without it!).

We had Shulamit visit the other month as well! It was a -pleasure- taking Shulamit around, and I've always held her in high regard because of that brilliant design-factory she calls a brain. I'm sorry that Azus' fixation on Females is off-putting, but in kepheran culture, gender is a big issue. Not recognising a Female's superiority would be rude! While Azus is designing plenty of kepheran foods for public (for now) consumption, I'm sure any stuff you decide to make will be much-loved and well-stocked in our store, Altal en-Ankhemet.

... What? I mean... what?!?! An Orb of Keph is one of the five remaining eyes of Keph. Given to five nodal queens to seal the Illithoids. There are no other orbs. So you being given an actual orb of Keph makes no sense. Not even Zenobia can just "make" an Orb of Keph. Since they're bodily remains of the Goddess keph. So it can't be made. So how did you get it?
Razenth2011-08-29 23:04:11
Admin interaction
Item customization
They found one of the orbs in the UV