Booze

by Lilija

Back to Survival Guide.

Lilija2011-08-25 19:53:17
Just curious, what is the most intoxicating alcohol available in Lusternia? I'm figuring it's absinthe or one of the drinks from the Cooking skill's Spirits ability, but I thought I'd make sure. Anyone also happen to have a guess at how many drings/sips/chugs it takes to kill yourself, assuming no racial/arti/brewmeister alcohol tolerance?
Janalon2011-08-25 20:22:48
QUOTE (lilija @ Aug 25 2011, 03:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just curious, what is the most intoxicating alcohol available in Lusternia? I'm figuring it's absinthe or one of the drinks from the Cooking skill's Spirits ability, but I thought I'd make sure. Anyone also happen to have a guess at how many drings/sips/chugs it takes to kill yourself, assuming no racial/arti/brewmeister alcohol tolerance?

Great question! Just wanted to point out that a players level also factors into alcohol tolerance (see HELP DRINKING), and you build tolerance when you get drunk (though half of the drinking-based tolerance vanishes the following month) so there will be some discrepancies with testing. Though, judging from the AB, Pale Malt seems fairly intoxicating, though guessing perhaps not as much as "spirits."
Ixion2011-08-26 04:59:34
Drunk level itself doesn't kill you, the damage from it can. It's possible to remain at the highest level of inebriation and survive.
Unknown2011-08-26 14:18:53
Bloodshot is the most powerful alcohol, to answer your first question.
Aison2011-08-27 18:54:33
QUOTE (lilija @ Aug 25 2011, 12:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It is definitely absinthe. As a level 100 character I can take a sip of any spirit a cook can make and end up okay, but one sip of absinthe (from, say, the tonic that jeremiah sells), and it puts my character well into tipsy.

Depending on what alcohol your character consumes (champagnes/wines are lighter than beers/ales, but moonshine'll mess you up), and what level they are plays a factor. But I'd probably guess you'd have to down at least 5 bottles of a beer/ale. Maybe less if you aren't level 100.