Blademaster Combat Help!

by Zilias

Back to Combat Guide.

Zilias2011-07-21 19:40:27
So, I have been playing now for a while. I spent a lot of time learning the mechanics of the game and little to no time learning combat tactics. I recently have been sparring, reading logs and scripting(Reactions, Manuevers..etc). I would like to get input on how I can improve my ability to survive and kill(Eventhough, I know, "Warriors suck, they are broken, nobody loves them"). I enjoy my class, I am looking for constructive help.

WEAPONS:
2x Rapiers: 50 Damage, 202 Precision, 211 Speed
Great Rune of the Cosmic Champion...on both(10% Wounds Increase)
Great Rune of Bleeding...on both

ARMORS:
Master Plate: 100 Physical cutting and 100 Physical Blunt
Greathelm: 90 Physical Cutting and 90 Physical Blunt

MAGIC SPELLS:
Healing
Protection
Deathsight
Enlarge
Acquisitio
Levitate
Cleanse
Scry
Kingdom
Beauty
Perfection
Waterwalk

SKILLS:
Transcendant in everything....Circle 83 at this time.

I have been able to get Pinleg with Mantakaya(Paralyzation) fairly easily. I have a decent knowledge of how the swing types work and I am somewhat fluent in scripting....

I am looking for input on any of the above as well as suggested attack setups, maneuvers and reactions. I hope the forums can provide some insight.

I am also using Mudlet 2.0 rc5 with Vadisystems M&M.....
Unknown2011-07-21 20:37:26
You don't need any maneuvers except for pinleg and lunging for pinleg. Really.

Then you just work in morphite chains once you get pinlegs/impales going.

Then just choke once they're sufficiently behind or once you feel like you can manual better than them. Always shadow steal though.
Ilyssa2011-07-22 01:52:53
QUOTE (Rainydays @ Jul 21 2011, 05:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I made the mistake of openning both of those at once.

Anyway
The speed and wounding stats only work in integers of 5, so that extra 1 speed on your rapiers isn't doing anything for you, it's just sitting there alone waiting for 9 other points of speed to come hang out with it before it goes and ditches the "speed" scene for the "precision" scene with some friends from "damage". In fact, you only want the minimum amount of damage plus whatever doesn't work into speed and precision. (I think you should have 39 damage with that but I'm not sure.)
After that if people haven't told you before, try to find a happy medium with prec:speed. I think there might be something about it in Akui's Big Book of Forging Crap, but just try to find what feels comfortable.
A lot of BM stuff is conditional, i.e. Hitting the arms for a hemiphlegy (severnerve) multiple times can be effective against a monk or a knight and cause them to switch their parrying around. Try to fight tons of different classes and see what works and doesn't work! Afterwards, look over the logs and see what you could have improved, if you can't, have someone else look over it or post it here; there's always something you can do to improve.*

*This does not apply to Murphy. Murphy is a perfect. Murphy is a Divine and the only reason we don't see him as such is because the rest of the Divine are scared of him and won't play with him; then Murphy disguises himself as a mortal to beat the living censor.gif out of us.
Zilias2011-07-22 20:48:35
Thank you guys. Feel free to throw more ideas at this post. Every little bit of information helps.
Rivius2011-07-23 10:13:19
Ilyssa2011-07-23 16:07:13
QUOTE (Rivius @ Jul 23 2011, 06:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Making sure no warrior thread is untouched.

If we're making sure no thread goes untouched, 'dat miss-rate.
Murphy2011-07-25 06:07:34
Learn how to break someone's parry system, once you fight them a bit, you work out their parry, then exploit it.

Your weapons are more artied than mine ever were, and I never got over lvl 82 as a combatant while killing all manner of demigods/titans etc before they were nerfed. I also didn't get to 100% trans skills. Learn other classes and how they work, make sure you're avoiding the right things, leaving the room when needed, shieldspamming when needed. Use softlocks/slitlocks and tendons to keep your opponent messed up, start with charybdon to try and hide some afflictions on there. Become 'friends' with enemy combatants, challenge them to spars. I used to spar Amaru/Narsrim/Tuek/whoever I could to constantly improve and fix my system up.

If I did it, you can also. No Excuses.
Ilyssa2011-07-28 22:45:59
QUOTE (Murphy @ Jul 25 2011, 02:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Learn how to break someone's parry system, once you fight them a bit, you work out their parry, then exploit it.

Your weapons are more artied than mine ever were, and I never got over lvl 82 as a combatant while killing all manner of demigods/titans etc before they were nerfed. I also didn't get to 100% trans skills. Learn other classes and how they work, make sure you're avoiding the right things, leaving the room when needed, shieldspamming when needed. Use softlocks/slitlocks and tendons to keep your opponent messed up, start with charybdon to try and hide some afflictions on there. Become 'friends' with enemy combatants, challenge them to spars. I used to spar Amaru/Narsrim/Tuek/whoever I could to constantly improve and fix my system up.

If I did it, you can also. No Excuses.

QUOTE (Ilyssa @ Jul 21 2011, 09:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
*This does not apply to Murphy. Murphy is a perfect. Murphy is a Divine and the only reason we don't see him as such is because the rest of the Divine are scared of him and won't play with him; then Murphy disguises himself as a mortal to beat the living censor.gif out of us.

Ohmygawd there he is
Unknown2011-07-31 17:55:05