Monk Speed

by Unknown

Back to Combat Guide.

Unknown2011-07-15 13:06:36
Hey everyone! I'm back from a year or so hiatus, and made a new character with some money I had put aside! Now, I have some Cosmic Knight runes and was debating whether or not to trade them in for credits+elemental/bleed runes or not, and that mostly depends on this question.

I heard there was a softcap under consideration for monk speed a year or so ago, did that ever go through? For instance, I'm an Aslaran Shofangi. I have the shiny 20% balance bonus from last year's racial revamps, and I'm going to get max speed shofa with two Cosmic Knight runes I have from my warrior days as well as the +10/+10/+10 from Harmony Akhang resonance. From what I figure, that means I'll be hitting with the equivalent of 260 speed jakari or tahto +bal bonus with the runes and 240 speed without.

Now, will the extra +20 speed from the CK runes improve my speed noticeably anymore, or will the 366 bound credits from tradeins go to something much more valuable?

Pros and cons, reasons and rationale, please fishing1.gif
Malarious2011-07-15 22:01:01
QUOTE (Akeley @ Jul 15 2011, 09:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey everyone! I'm back from a year or so hiatus, and made a new character with some money I had put aside! Now, I have some Cosmic Knight runes and was debating whether or not to trade them in for credits+elemental/bleed runes or not, and that mostly depends on this question.

I heard there was a softcap under consideration for monk speed a year or so ago, did that ever go through? For instance, I'm an Aslaran Shofangi. I have the shiny 20% balance bonus from last year's racial revamps, and I'm going to get max speed shofa with two Cosmic Knight runes I have from my warrior days as well as the +10/+10/+10 from Harmony Akhang resonance. From what I figure, that means I'll be hitting with the equivalent of 260 speed jakari or tahto +bal bonus with the runes and 240 speed without.

Now, will the extra +20 speed from the CK runes improve my speed noticeably anymore, or will the 366 bound credits from tradeins go to something much more valuable?

Pros and cons, reasons and rationale, please fishing1.gif

A level of Balance is 7% not 10% (it was 5% before this last change). So you are 14% faster. The report was basically ignored and admin went with their own thing of a general slow down instead of caps. 20 speed will show you something like .3s faster or something?
Unknown2011-07-15 22:35:20
QUOTE (Malarious @ Jul 15 2011, 07:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A level of Balance is 7% not 10% (it was 5% before this last change). So you are 14% faster. The report was basically ignored and admin went with their own thing of a general slow down instead of caps. 20 speed will show you something like .3s faster or something?

Thanks a bunch! I'll do some testing before I rune my weapons and post the results. 0.3 less seconds isn't bad.
Unknown2011-07-18 04:20:12
Wouldn't your weapon-based attacks out-pace the speed of your kicks? I remember there was some mentioning about that.... especially among races (Keph and Illithoids) with racial weapon specializations.
Unknown2011-07-18 04:43:24
QUOTE (Edenwe @ Jul 18 2011, 12:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wouldn't your weapon-based attacks out-pace the speed of your kicks? I remember there was some mentioning about that.... especially among races (Keph and Illithoids) with racial weapon specializations.

I'm fairly sure that kicks were changed to keep pace with weapon speeds. Can anyone confirm?
Malarious2011-07-18 05:00:44
QUOTE (Akeley @ Jul 18 2011, 12:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm fairly sure that kicks were changed to keep pace with weapon speeds. Can anyone confirm?

If your kick is done as part of the form it will recover at the same time as your weapons. If you kick out of form its 150% of the balance.