Warrior fighting.

by Enyalida

Back to Combat Guide.

Enyalida2011-07-10 22:31:18
I have no clue how to combat warriors that can pinleg on the first volley even when I've got stance legs up. Does writhing pinleg not writhe out of all instances of pinleg? After being pinlegged on first go (I was offbalance at the time and rebounding was done because I was just regrowthing my demesne, meh), I got this:

http://justpaste.it/ebv

Why? I had just writhed free of pinleg, why was I still stuck in place? What do I do about this? He can literally hit me with another pinleg before I can writhe free, I started writhing immediately when he hit me with the first pinleg and he was able to pinleg me again before I writhed free then I ran out of this. I'm not sure how I fix this.

Edit: Is this a bug? I seem to remember there being a bug related this bumming around.
Unknown2011-07-10 22:37:32
I'm offended that I only do 500 damage.

But without posting more of what happened before this snippet, you can't really tell what's going on. But pinleg/impale has been kind of broken (mechanically speaking lulz)for months/years now.
Enyalida2011-07-10 22:51:02
QUOTE (Sojiro @ Jul 10 2011, 05:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm offended that I only do 500 damage.

But without posting more of what happened before this snippet, you can't really tell what's going on. But pinleg/impale has been kind of broken (mechanically speaking lulz)for months/years now.

Before is lots of spam of my system trying to cure while the writhing from pinleg was going through. No other warriors came in, no one else impaled or pinlegged me. I was offbalance from regrowth when I was originally pinlegged (http://justpaste.it/ebw That writhe is within .4 seconds of pinleg, sorry, can't copy my timestamps.).

Eh, I've always assumed/figured that warriors do less damage because damage stacks really well with wounds (and I only do 7-800 direct damage myself). It needs fixing if it's a bug. As far as I can tell, Warriors were sort of intended to be attrition, tanking what you do and spreading wounds around. Warrior skills sort of suck, but with the high end of runes on weapons, it gets absurdly easy to shut down curing. Honestly, I think pinleg shouldn't shut down all of what it does, it should only do hindering, or possibly hinder applying health and salves in some way. It still seems astonishingly easy to pull off for what it does, even for the power cost. Removing it or massively downgrading wouldn't really work out well for warriors, unfortunately. The bug needs to be fixed, good start there.

EDIT: Really, the reason everyone goes BM seems to be for pinleg, and it's bugged... still?
EDIT2: And honestly, it's only 4p to double lunge. Less then sap.
Everiine2011-07-10 23:08:16
Remember that it also costs us 4p to double lunge... and miss. There goes 4p, your arm balance, and absolutely no result (we are trying very hard to get that, and the insane pinleg bugs fixed).
Xenthos2011-07-10 23:11:32
QUOTE (Everiine @ Jul 10 2011, 07:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Remember that it also costs us 4p to double lunge... and miss. There goes 4p, your arm balance, and absolutely no result (we are trying very hard to get that, and the insane pinleg bugs fixed).

Missing doesn't cost power on a power attack...
Everiine2011-07-10 23:45:52
QUOTE (Xenthos @ Jul 10 2011, 06:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Missing doesn't cost power on a power attack...

Huh, where have I been...
Xenthos2011-07-10 23:47:10
QUOTE (Everiine @ Jul 10 2011, 07:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

A couple of years in the past, apparently!
Unknown2011-07-11 01:50:53
QUOTE (Everiine @ Jul 10 2011, 07:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Behind So-crates somewhere I presume.

More seriously, DEATH TO PINLEG!
Everiine2011-07-11 02:02:12
QUOTE (Rainydays @ Jul 10 2011, 08:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Behind So-crates somewhere I presume.

More seriously, DEATH TO PINLEG!

Hell no, I use this:
Malicia2011-07-11 13:42:34
It costs 4p to double lunge, 7p if you puissance beforehand and isn't the end of the world. Hindering screws warriors up all the time. The only issue could be the +10 to all stats commune warriors get from moon/night on top of any artifact and forging runes. Mmmm. I want.
Unknown2011-07-11 14:29:40
You may have the +10 stats... if you'd only join a commune. biggrin.gif

And, yeah, dodging, hindering, and a passel of other things can really screw a warrior over.
Liet2011-07-11 15:16:26
QUOTE (Zarquan @ Jul 11 2011, 10:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You may have the +10 stats... if you'd only join a commune. biggrin.gif

And, yeah, dodging, hindering, and a passel of other things can really screw a warrior over.

Is the +10 stats aura better than increased strength/wounding? Most city warriors have tertiary bonuses to strength, wounding, or a combination of the two it seems. Like Lich, Fervor, Reimagination/Polarity. Aeonics seems to be the only city tertiary that doesn't.

I heard the wounding runes were better than the stat runes for wounding over time too.
Veyrzhul2011-07-11 16:35:43
The small stat bonus to precision from nightkiss has nothing to do with the posted problem; it looks like a bug.
500 damage from a 1h-hit by a warrior is a lot, can't remember the last time I got hit for that much.

People like pinleg, but it's generally really more useful in groups and not exactly a wonder weapon in 1 vs. 1 combat.
Rakor2011-07-11 17:03:46
I think the problem here is that BMs are more like pinlegmasters and have to rely on a buggy skill to actually get anything done

Imagine a BM without pinleg, what would they do?
Unknown2011-07-11 17:30:44
Bleeding? Slitlock? Behea-- oh, wait. biggrin.gif
Enyalida2011-07-11 17:57:47
Doesn't lunging bypass shielding/rebounding/parrying/stancing? I think that warriors need some fixes in general, but they don't get a lot of them because of outliers already being pretty darn powerful. Buggy pinleg is buggy. And inescapable, without getting faster writhe? I know how to stop it (if you don't get it on me in the very first volley), but not how to get away from it once it starts.
Unknown2011-07-11 18:10:44
You forget to mention that the outlier warriors are still way behind outlier bards, monks, mages, and guardians.
Malicia2011-07-11 18:12:10
Power attacks haven't gone through shields in a long time.
Unknown2011-07-11 18:14:37
And, warrior power moves do still miss because of stance, parry, whatever.
Sidd2011-07-11 18:39:10
QUOTE (Zarquan @ Jul 11 2011, 12:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And, warrior power moves do still miss because of stance, parry, whatever.

Pretty sure power moves avoid parry/stancing, but they can still naturally miss