Poor Nyd, behind on times!

by Yurika

Back to The Funnies.

Yurika2011-07-10 04:04:20
(House Aurendil): Nydekion (from the Aetherways) says, "Wtf is farmville."
(House Aurendil): Kelly (from the Aetherways) says, "Lol."
(House Aurendil): You say, "Lmoa."
(House Aurendil): You say, "Lmao.."
(House Aurendil): Aison says, "Then I log in, have about 15 new friends a day, and send them invites, and that's it."
(House Aurendil): You say, "Omg."
(House Aurendil): Aison says, "Wtf rofl."
(House Aurendil): Aison says, "It's like."
(House Aurendil): Aison says, "A shitty facebook game."
(House Aurendil): You say, "21st century dude."

Lehki2011-07-10 04:54:39
Dunno if this needs it's own thread.

I'm guessing Aison was talking about getting credits from the IRE Facebook app thing? Somebody was telling me to go use farmville for that too.
Diamondais2011-07-10 04:56:02
QUOTE (Lehki @ Jul 10 2011, 12:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm guessing Aison was talking about getting credits from the IRE Facebook app thing? Somebody was telling me to go use farmville for that too.

There was an article devoted to gaining credits which mentioned it.
Aison2011-07-10 07:12:31
QUOTE (Lehki @ Jul 9 2011, 09:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So lucrative.

What I was explaining was how I made a junk FB account, and every day add a bunch of people from mafia wars and farmville. You send out invites (just one game request, it's not horrible spam or anything). You can transfer 10 bound credits a day to your characters, and don't have to keep the friends (so anyone who deletes you... whatever. So long as you've sent the invite).

It's nice, the article is here: http://www.ironrealms.com/text-games-maxim...r-credit-report
Calixa2011-07-11 12:41:25
Facebook farming, how low can we go with the advertising, really. I should probably point out that having multiple Facebook accounts breaks the ToS of Facebook, and while they likely don't check for it, spam accounts have been banned in the past. Which may result in your real account getting banned too if you used the same email or are otherwise linked. Just saying. Not to mention that well, it's pretty sad to even advertise like this. And then people complain we see an influx of trolls and generally horribad names / players. Gee, I wonder why ._.
Everiine2011-07-11 22:09:03
QUOTE (Calixa @ Jul 11 2011, 07:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And then people complain we see an influx of trolls and generally horribad names / players. Gee, I wonder why ._.

I'll add the constant OOC promotions to that list hide.gif
Aison2011-07-12 00:19:56
QUOTE (Calixa @ Jul 11 2011, 05:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Facebook farming, how low can we go with the advertising, really. I should probably point out that having multiple Facebook accounts breaks the ToS of Facebook, and while they likely don't check for it, spam accounts have been banned in the past. Which may result in your real account getting banned too if you used the same email or are otherwise linked. Just saying. Not to mention that well, it's pretty sad to even advertise like this. And then people complain we see an influx of trolls and generally horribad names / players. Gee, I wonder why ._.

If you don't like it then you don't have to participate. Personally I like the 10 bound credits a day. The influx of trolls and less than subpar players isn't a new thing like you're making it out to be. At all. IRE needs new players to keep going, it's the bread and butter of this game and they have been advertising everywhere for years. If you feel you have better advertising ideas why don't you email them to Jeremy Saunders? FB is a huge market - IRE would be stupid not to tap in on that.

I suppose "you can't make more than one personal profile" leads off into what you were saying... but honestly. Have you even looked at the people who do this FV and MW crap? 2000+ friends easily just for that junk, and most of them are with names like 'Rainbow Sprinkles'.

Frankly, there's no way in hell I'd use my real name, personal email address, and the area I live and give strangers access to that censor.gif. There are some creepy ass people on the Internet and I'd rather risk getting my FB account shut down than risk someone trying to stalk me.
Dynami2011-07-12 00:32:10
QUOTE (Aison @ Jul 11 2011, 08:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you don't like it then you don't have to participate. Personally I like the 10 bound credits a day. The influx of trolls and less than subpar players isn't a new thing like you're making it out to be. At all. IRE needs new players to keep going, it's the bread and butter of this game and they have been advertising everywhere for years. If you feel you have better advertising ideas why don't you email them to Jeremy Saunders? FB is a huge market - IRE would be stupid not to tap in on that.

I suppose "you can't make more than one personal profile" leads off into what you were saying... but honestly. Have you even looked at the people who do this FV and MW crap? 2000+ friends easily just for that junk, and most of them are with names like 'Rainbow Sprinkles'.

Frankly, there's no way in hell I'd use my real name, personal email address, and the area I live and give strangers access to that censor.gif. There are some creepy ass people on the Internet and I'd rather risk getting my FB account shut down than risk someone trying to stalk me.

I think you're assuming too much... suspicious.gif

(loljk Please don't kill me sad.gif )
Aison2011-07-12 00:45:35
QUOTE (Dynami @ Jul 11 2011, 05:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think you're assuming too much... suspicious.gif

(loljk Please don't kill me sad.gif )

You'd be surprised the amount of creeps there are out there when they realise you're a girl and have breasts. Regardless of whether you're attractive or not!

I'm not even joking, girl's gotta be careful on this thing. sad.gif
Ssaliss2011-07-12 01:07:06
Psh. We all know there are no girls on the Internet. Only more or less effeminate men.
Unknown2011-07-12 01:10:34
QUOTE (Ssaliss @ Jul 11 2011, 09:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Psh. We all know there are no girls on the Internet. Only more or less effeminate men.

You called? halo.gif
Ilyssa2011-07-12 07:32:25
QUOTE (Ssaliss @ Jul 11 2011, 09:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yo.
Calixa2011-07-12 22:16:44
Aison, I have to admit I don't have better ideas, my biggest gripe however is that IRE seems to say it is ok to break Facebook's rules. Perhaps I should mail Jeremy on that, but then again wouldn't articles run by him to begin with? Suppose it woudln't hurt to ask still.

Another thing I was thinking of is that if everyone uses this for 10 credits a day, there's less incentive to bash ingame, at least that's how I'd experience it. Which is not helping credit prices ingame. Which in turn will drive more people to make spam accounts. Of course that'd spread IRE all over the world, but it means less ingame activity. And less buying credits. Which is not bad for players, but in the end bad for IRE, as they risk losing out on income.
Unknown2011-07-12 23:00:27
How is getting 10 credits a day giving people less incentive to bash? Hell, it's because of facebook credits that I have been more involved and interested in the game!
Casilu2011-07-12 23:52:55
QUOTE (Aison @ Jul 11 2011, 05:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You'd be surprised the amount of creeps there are out there when they realise you're a girl and have breasts. Regardless of whether you're attractive or not!

I'm not even joking, girl's gotta be careful on this thing. sad.gif

HONK honk.
Jack2011-07-13 04:09:39
QUOTE (Ssaliss @ Jul 12 2011, 02:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey, I have a beard now. AH AM A MAY-UN!
Enyalida2011-07-13 05:00:24
What's your beard's name, and have you taken her to meet your parents yet?
Jack2011-07-13 05:14:27
That joke doesn't work as well when someone's bi. laugh.gif
Casilu2011-07-13 05:45:02
QUOTE (Jack @ Jul 12 2011, 10:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That joke doesn't work as well when someone's bi. laugh.gif

It does if you're not out.

fakeEdit: Is that why you volunteered for the slashfic?
Calixa2011-07-13 12:59:47
QUOTE (Draylor @ Jul 13 2011, 01:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How is getting 10 credits a day giving people less incentive to bash? Hell, it's because of facebook credits that I have been more involved and interested in the game!

Because you don't need to bash to buy credits with gold. Unless you already didn't do that, heh. Means bashing is only really needed for leveling / essence buffer and for things you only can buy with gold.