Heroes of Might and Magic 6

by Ilyarin

Back to The Real World.

Ilyarin2011-07-01 13:32:46
Just got back into the HOMAM series (bought I-V last week) and found out that VI is in the works. Pre-purchased it and got access to the public Closed Beta, so was wondering if anyone else had bought it yet, or remembered the old series and was considering buying it when it comes out.

This was the game of my youth. Can't think of anything more awesome. smile.gif

Anyone playing it at the moment, or going to buy it? smile.gif

wub.gif
Unknown2011-07-01 14:38:26
Wow, memories. I played Heroes III with my dad when I still had a Windows 98. I liked the green dragons from the Rampart. I used to be reluctant to upgrade them to gold ones because the green ones looked cooler.
We tried Heroes IV but too much stuff had changed.

Heroes VI looks cool. I think I wait to find out the mechanics before buying it though.
Ilyarin2011-07-01 14:59:04
II and III were definitely my favourites from the five so far. However, VI just looks awesome. biggrin.gif Deathly buggy at the moment, but that's just how it goes. I have faith that, once everything is working smoothly, it will be my favourite game of the year. smile.gif

wub.gif
Ssaliss2011-07-01 15:13:44
My personal favorite was definitely III. I didn't find IV too bad either (even though many others did), but it didn't quite measure up to III. V was, at least as far as I am concerned, a huge disappointment. I tried it, and scrapped it. Thus, I'm not sure how to look forward to VI; is it similar to V, or closer to IV or III?
Unknown2011-07-01 18:08:11
Yay! Other HOMM fans. I played III and fell in love with it (always played Ramparts, unicoooorrrnnnss eeee). I got V and well...I was not pleased with it very much. Like no dread knights in the necropolis. >:( How could they take away my dread knights?!?! Anyway, VI is looking interesting. Like they're taking aspects of V and polishing it a lot. Looks really nice to from the SS they've posted on the facebook page.
Shiri2011-07-01 19:07:47
I used to play 3 all the time back in the day. I recently bought 4 off GoG to try and play with Silferras but it's suffering from some insane lag or something (even though I have a computer from summer '10) so it's completely unplayable. I'll wait on some reviews for 6, I think.

EDIT: And 5 is on steam for £2.50 today, so I guess I might try that out...
Unknown2011-07-02 02:44:51
You guys are dating me. I never played this but I played the ORIGINAL Might & Magic in 1988 on a Hercules Monitor card during breaks at school.
Arix2011-07-02 04:35:53
I actually own the first three with all the expansions, as well as Might and Magic VI-VIII

EDIT: Was actually playing VII earlier
Casilu2011-07-02 04:42:47
QUOTE (Phred @ Jul 1 2011, 07:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You guys are dating me. I never played this but I played the ORIGINAL Might & Magic in 1988 on a Hercules Monitor card during breaks at school.

I wasn't even born when you were playing that.
Unknown2011-07-02 06:12:25
QUOTE (Phred @ Jul 1 2011, 10:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I had a hercules card too. Uber monochrome. Was the new hawtness at the time. Though I had one, I mostly played things like spacequest and other such sierra nonsense at the time, so it wasn't exactly showing itself off much.
Unknown2011-07-03 05:09:52
HoMM III was the best. wub.gif