Jigan; Change

by Jigan

Back to Chronicles of the Basin.

Jigan2011-06-26 08:14:43
Greetings,

I am currently trying to refocus my two characters. One already has a focus, so he's sharpening it. But Jigan is a bit harder. I'm looking for something that'll help me play the game as well as help Jigan move on with his story. He's currently in stastis, just doing things without any real goal. Normally, I don't mind. But I need Jigan to actually -go- somewhere. Before I left for Boot Camp, he had an overreaching goal to attach himself to. Now, I want to sharpen his focus onto something which will make the game fun.

Jigan's profile
-Specializes in abstract thought.
-Cook
-Non-combatant
-Mental endurance for paperwork and tedious tasks.

There is a lot to Jigan, if you've dealt with him, you see something in him which was probably tailored to you or how Jigan wanted you to react. It serves his purposes for people to see an idiot, but to others, those who could see into the crazy, saw something else. I want to bring that out. I want to form Jigan into his final form, if you will.

I've been thinking about shunting Jigan over to be a nobleman patron of the arts and start buying up Magnagora again. But I was wondering if anyone had, based on their experiences with Jigan, any advice on which direction to take Jigan or how to improve him?

dazed.gif
Calixa2011-06-26 09:06:18
Ok, this is totally serving my agenda here, but come work on the Magnagoran Literary Review? Could use another person to help me out, or Jigan could just simply write some reviews. I've seen a review on a book that Jigan wrote (The Cheerful Maggot) so that's where I got the idea.

As for things that don't serve my agenda but still apply, hrm, I'd say currently there is a lot of room in Magnagora to pull up the standard of RP again. Too much OOC "omg we are all such good friends happy.gif *snuggle* *cuddle*" shining through. It is a cloak and dagger society, and if you don't like that then someone gets a free backstab on you. Now I don't say we have to be continuously scheming against each other on how to make life a living hell for the other party. But it would be nice however to bring some of the plotting, intrigue, personal agendas and other good old Magnagoran values to the foreground. Perhaps it is the (perceived?) lack of Divine activity, but that doesn't mean the players can't go and try to do something about it. To get back to the point at hand, I know you were a big name in Magnagora, Jigan. My character sure as hell whimpered at the thought of getting on your bad side. I think this is a good starting point to look at how Jigan can be more than the facade he had to the public.
Lavinya2011-06-26 11:35:04
QUOTE (Calixa @ Jun 26 2011, 07:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As for things that don't serve my agenda but still apply, hrm, I'd say currently there is a lot of room in Magnagora to pull up the standard of RP again. Too much OOC "omg we are all such good friends happy.gif *snuggle* *cuddle*" shining through. It is a cloak and dagger society, and if you don't like that then someone gets a free backstab on you.

THIS.
Everiine2011-06-26 16:42:02
QUOTE (Lavinya @ Jun 26 2011, 06:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
THIS.

This applies universally across the board.
Unknown2011-06-26 22:15:14
QUOTE (Jigan @ Jun 26 2011, 01:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've been thinking about shunting Jigan over to be a nobleman patron of the arts and start buying up Magnagora again. But I was wondering if anyone had, based on their experiences with Jigan, any advice on which direction to take Jigan or how to improve him?

dazed.gif

I definitely like the patron of the arts idea. What I loved about Jigan, at least from Orventa's interactions with him was that despite the 'crazy' and the scary surrounding him there would now and then be a random/surpsing/unexpected flash of magnanimity. (Which could also be scary in itself) I'd liken it to one of those intimidating, cantankerous grandpas that you wouldn't dare cross, but he'd still leave small thoughtful presents for his grandkids when they least expected it (and maybe in Jigan's case packaged in such a way so as to keep them on their toes but they'd still be grateful since it's such a rare thing).
Arix2011-06-26 23:11:59
wait, Jigglypuff is coming back?
Krackenor2011-06-27 00:04:42
Wake up and start supporting the arts and culture. Specifically, start cranking out books at the speed of Anne Rice.
Ameryth2011-09-20 13:23:33
I might be more attached to dear old Sotsepmet than I thought; it's like pulling teeth to say this.

Since Sotsepmet is 'retiring' into the private sector, it would be easy for Jigan to swoop in and take TM of the Gourmonds. Sotty is going into more general art and private designs, including aethertecture and painting. He -will- hate Jigan for it, and he -will- plot to take Jigan down and instate a proper, Black Kitchens chef as TM, but it could be fun in the process!