Administrator Books

by Unknown

Back to Ideas.

Unknown2011-06-17 05:53:02
ii tome
You are wielding:
tome135233: the Tome of Veiled Paradigms in your left hand.

write tome at desk
You pull a low, lacquered chair closer to an etched golden phoenix desk and begin to write.
You can't write on that!

I am disappoint.

Being able to write in the guild administrator books would be extremely useful, since they always reset to the current administrator. GA's could write in the tomes and then, when they retire/go inactive/are voted out/quit Lusternia/leave the guild/whatever, their predecessor will instantly have that vital the information on hand. No more loosing track of advancement info when someone stops playing! No more forgetting who wrote the guildhall plans and how the giant golden birdbath works! It would be great. But it doesn't work that way.

Please make it work that way? For the Guild Administrators?
Enyalida2011-06-17 06:24:15
Eh, all of that can be done already via other means (invest in a bookshelf). The guild tome is supposed to literally contain all of the things you get with the ledger perms, so lots of very long lists for some guilds. Presumably, it also is recording all the rules that you generate via privs from it and from being GA.
It would be sort of neat to be able to write in it, but I don't think it's a particularly great/thematic idea. It would be weird to have something like the Annals of White Hart function as a sort of GA's logbook, it has more important things to do with its time.
I suggest creating a book for your org and fiddling with shelving perms to setup something like you are talking about, or talk to your patron to setup a guild addition ( a resetting tome in the GA office).
Eritheyl2011-06-23 00:54:09
I'd be pleased if I could use the Annals as a shield, but I know that's way too much to hope for.

And just plain illogical.

noway.gif
Fain2011-06-23 19:53:40
But shouldn't it really be full of veiled paradigms?

Rather than trivia about novices...
Casilu2011-06-23 20:21:48
QUOTE (Fain @ Jun 23 2011, 12:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But shouldn't it really be full of veiled paradigms?

Rather than trivia about novices...

Or stuff from http://highdeas.com/ .
Lendren2011-06-23 20:29:50
If you look very closely at the trivia about novices, there are deeper underlying patterns, meanings hidden within the chaos. Somewhere in the spacing between completion of collegium tasks, the distribution of vowels in their names, and the happenstance of which ones vanish never to be heard from again, there is Truth, waiting to be divined.
Fain2011-06-24 14:46:58
oh, well if you put it like that..
Jack2011-06-25 00:12:40
QUOTE (Greleag @ Jun 17 2011, 06:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am disappoint.

Being able to write in the guild administrator books would be extremely useful, since they always reset to the current administrator. GA's could write in the tomes and then, when they retire/go inactive/are voted out/quit Lusternia/leave the guild/whatever, their predecessor will instantly have that vital the information on hand. No more loosing track of advancement info when someone stops playing! No more forgetting who wrote the guildhall plans and how the giant golden birdbath works! It would be great. But it doesn't work that way.

Please make it work that way? For the Guild Administrators?

You just wanna write down "Don't boot Jack, I inducted him as a social experiment", don't you?