Combat Logs! (And not the subforums >.>)

by Liok

Back to Combat Guide.

Liok2011-06-24 22:20:32
I'd love to scour the depths of other peoples' combat logs to hopefully learn the more refined things about combat... for example, what many people highlight, echo, gag, or otherwise take notice of (and more importantly - HOW they do it!). Unfortunately, the combat logs subforum here is... well... pitiful =(

Now, I know of nogfx.org, and I promise you I've probably read most of the Lusternia combat logs that have been posted in the past 2 years. It's pretty much what I do when I'm stuck on satellite internet which happens to disconnect anytime the clouds twitch. I've seen lots of logs from various different places be posted or linked to in the past, but those that I can still dig up seem to be personal caches.

So, any help on tracking down some combat logs that are even remotely recent? =D

Vadi2011-06-24 23:51:42
Having an amalgamated thread like the Achaean forums do would go a long way. Posting a log is already e-peen, making a new thread is 'whoa'.
Unknown2011-06-25 00:01:36
The problem is that no one likes posting logs of where they lose unless it's something where they feel that they unfairly died. So all logs tend to be peen logs, which tend to be victories, which only breeds bad feelings from the losers.
Rakor2011-06-25 00:33:15
Maybe people should just man up and deal with it
Neos2011-06-25 00:33:19
QUOTE (Sojiro @ Jun 24 2011, 08:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The problem is that no one likes posting logs of where they lose unless it's something where they feel that they unfairly died. So all logs tend to be peen logs, which tend to be victories, which only breeds bad feelings from the losers.

Too true, and as I've seen, people like to leave out things that make them/their side look bad, even if they won.
Unknown2011-06-25 00:37:19
Additionally, we're all douches who can't post neutrally to save our lives, so any relatively objective log tends to get buried under the resulting argument. Plus the mods are way too heavyhanded about that sort of thing, so the thread gets closed too soon anyway.
Jack2011-06-25 02:20:59
Which begs the question, why have a combat log subforum at all if we can't deal with the aftermath?
Acrune2011-06-25 03:32:32
Here's my completely neutral combat log contribution that has nothing to do with epeen.

http://forums.lusternia.com/index.php?showtopic=7096

biggrin.gif
Binjo2011-06-30 04:45:00
Here's an embarrassing log for you:

Don't follow me when I tumble out of choke sad.gif
Unknown2011-06-30 12:24:16
I'd be willing to dig out some of my old logs, which are rather hilarious, from when I was into "combat." Like, they're amazing. Trust me. Fear my staffcast spamming and hailstorm!

But no. I'm perfectly willing to post some of my logs, the good, the bad, the "Omfgwtflag", the "Herpderp, no idea what I'm doing," as well as the "Check out my peen, I totally pwned this nOOb."

I think most people flail around in combat somewhat. I know I've a tendency to spam commands because sometimes I can't tell if I'm actually still connected or not/not lagging.