Syrekan is Baptised

by Aison

Back to Event Scrolls.

Aison2011-06-12 01:48:49
Syrekan is baptised into the Celestine's guild.

Cloister of the Loving Radiance.

You say to Syrekan, "Light's blessings upon you who wish to join the Light. You have come forward as
a hopeful, to be embraced by the blessings that are bestowed upon those who dwell in the ever
present Light and underneath the gaze of those we guard, the Holy Supernals."

You ask Syrekan, "Is this so?"

Syrekan La'Raesh says, "Yes."

Syrekan La'Raesh says, "It is."

Your mouth turns up as your face breaks into a smile.

You point a finger at Syrekan and demand he atones for his sins. He grimaces as a flash of light
shines forth on his forehead.

You intone to Syrekan, "With the love of Raziela, I wash your spirit free of hatred, anger, and
intolerance. I bless you with the capacity to follow your heart down the path of Light."

You ask Syrekan, "Do you accept this blessing willingly?"

Syrekan La'Raesh says, "Yes I do."

Aison lifts a phial of celestial holy water above Syrekan and lets a drop fall onto
the palm of his right hand.

Syrekan follows you east.
Cloister of the Dawning Hope.

You point a finger at Syrekan and demand he atones for his sins. He grimaces as a flash of light

You intone to Syrekan, "With the hope of Shakiniel, I wash your spirit free of insecurity, doubt,
and despair. I bless you with the capacity to see the journey ahead of you with bright optimism and
clarity."

Aison lifts a phial of celestial holy water above Syrekan and lets a drop fall onto
the palm of his left hand.

Cloister of the Merciful Justice.

You intone to Syrekan, "With the wisdom of Japhiel, I wash your spirit free of ignorance and lift
the veil that clouds the mind and prevents one from seeing the truth. I bless you with the capacity
to remember the lessons learned from your mistakes and to be motivated to seek out the knowledge
vital to your mental, physical and spiritual growth."

Aison lifts a phial of celestial holy water and dabs a droplet on Syrekan's
forehead.

Syrekan follows you south.
Cloister of the Eternal Light.

Syrekan follows you west.
Cloister of the Holy Flame.

You intone to Syrekan, "With the strength of Methrenton, I wash your spirit free of weakness and
cowardly actions. I bless you with the strength of character to follow the Light, overcome your foes
and sustain yourself as you come to trials in your life."

Aison lifts a phial of celestial holy water and dabs a droplet onto Syrekan's
throat.

You intone to Syrekan, "I will now lead you to the Baptistery of the Sacred Light, where the Light
shall consider you."

Cloister of the Eternal Light.

The Hall of Cosmos.

You brush your fingertips along the surface of the mural, trailing the ascent of Saint Tresalyne of
the Stars. As your hand brushes across his a radiant light envelops your vision, and a warmth wraps
about your hand. A soft smile crosses the lips of the Saint as he draws you in, everything fading
out in the face of the blinding glow. As your sight returns, you find yourself in a place of marble
and coral, a cold and pure pool before you.
Syrekan follows you ether.

The Baptistery of the Sacred Light.
Resting quietly at the eastern edge of the azure waters, a coral brazier is here, its flames
extinguished. Resting quietly at the southeastern edge of the azure waters, a coral brazier is here,
its flames extinguished. Resting quietly at the western edge of the azure waters, a coral brazier is
here, its flames extinguished. Resting quietly at the northern edge of the azure waters, a coral
brazier is here, its flames extinguished. Its depths cold and pure, a pool of clear water has been
sunken into the heart of the baptistery here. White robes clinging to her lithe figure, Jarana
Farain stands here, her fins rising and falling gracefully. Resting quietly at the southwestern edge
of the azure waters, a coral brazier is here, its flames extinguished.
There are no obvious exits.

You intone to Syrekan, "Please take this time to consider your past faults and sins."

Syrekan looks about himself, rubbing his chin thoughtfully.

You touch a piece of burning tinder to the incense within the cradle of the eastern brazier, sending
spouts of blazing white flames flaring upwards with a blinding yet illuminating intensity, its sense
of raw power and security permeating the air around you.

You touch a piece of burning tinder to the incense within the cradle of the southeastern brazier,
sending spouts of opaque cobalt smoke trailing upwards with a warmly refreshing scent, akin to the
salty sea air of the open ocean, permeating from it.

You touch a piece of burning tinder to the incense within the cradle of the northern brazier,
sending spouts of warm pink smoke upwards with a heady, intoxicating scent permeating the air about
it.

You touch a piece of burning tinder to the incense within the cradle of the southwestern brazier,
sending spouts of glowing topaz smoke trailing upwards with a soft, refreshing scent, akin to the
fresh mountain air, permeating from it.

you touch a piece of burning tinder to the incense within the cradle of the northern brazier,
sending sparkling white smoke billowing upwards in a dazzling and twinkling display of perfumed
smoke, an exotic, cloying scent that brings to mind the raw and pure light of Celestia.
A dizzying swirl of perfumes and smoke fill the air above the Baptistery of the Sacred Light, the
dazzling and pulsing smokes mixing until they are no longer many but one, a soft, thin veil of smoke
that hangs over the baptistery like early morning fog, yet warm and embracing, as though a higher
being were drawing those present into their affection.

You intone to Syrekan, "With the unity of Elohora, I wash your spirit free of the loneliness within
one's heart. I bless you with the perfect balance of the Holy Supernals and the eternal knowledge
that you are not alone, that you may rely on those around you that walk with you in the Light."

You tell Lady Jarana Farain, "IMMERSE Syrekan."

You delicately lower yourself into a clear pool of cold, pure waters, standing waist-high in the icy
waters, yet feeling suddenly refreshed and invigorated.

You raise your hand slowly, calmly beckoning to Syrekan to join you in the waters. He closes his
eyes for a moment, before nodding. With a steady step, he slowly enters the water, keeping his eyes
fixed upon your own.

Syrekan La'Raesh says, "I do."

Softly, you say to Syrekan, "You have willingly accepted each of the blessings the five Holy
Supernals have granted you."

You tell Lady Jarana Farain, "BAPTISE Syrekan."
You smile warmly down at Syrekan, as he relaxes within your embrace. Your eyes locked upon his, you
slowly lower him into the azure waters, the soothing cold washing about your hands, wrists and then
arms as he disappears beneath its surface. After a moment you slowly draw draw him back upwards, a
soft, luminous glow of newfound purity enveloping him.

You smile and say to Syrekan, "Your spirit has been cleansed, and it is pristine and pure once again."

You welcome Syrekan into the Celestines.
Eventru2011-06-12 02:08:10
I've always been terribly fond of the Celestial Abbey and the baptism!

I've always tried to encourage the other guilds to buy things of that nature too. *peer Aquamancers, Tahtetso*
Unknown2011-06-12 02:15:35
Mmm, things like this are really nice.

Did you guys write it yourselves, or was it something that you asked your patron for and they wrote and implemented it?
Aison2011-06-12 02:54:30
QUOTE (Solanis @ Jun 11 2011, 07:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Mmm, things like this are really nice.

Did you guys write it yourselves, or was it something that you asked your patron for and they wrote and implemented it?

It was when the first Celestine guildhall was torn down and we were remaking the entire thing. A bunch of us stood in a room and just brainstormed all the things we wanted in the new guildhall which we called the Celestial Abbey. I think it was Eventru who put the idea in our heads, or maybe Meliana's. I can't really remember. We paid for it though and then Eventru had it all made when the guildhall was released to us. I remember it being broken a lot so I was nervous to try it, but glad to see all the kinks were worked out! It was always one of my favorite parts of the guildhall - I was really sad to come back and discover a lot of people didn't even know the room existed.

edit: also to add, in hindsight, it wasn't THAT expensive to get it implemented.
Neos2011-06-12 03:38:36
QUOTE (Eventru @ Jun 11 2011, 10:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've always tried to encourage the other guilds to buy things of that nature too. *peer Aquamancers, Tahtetso*

We had an idea for a ritual, but nothing concrete, but it's not like we're not good for the cash!
Razenth2011-06-12 03:42:31
I remember there being some glitches with the incense bits, but overall, it was a very nice addition. It's unfortunate that the baptism ritual is rarely mandated.
Aison2011-06-12 05:01:00
QUOTE (Razenth @ Jun 11 2011, 08:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I remember there being some glitches with the incense bits, but overall, it was a very nice addition. It's unfortunate that the baptism ritual is rarely mandated.

After coming back and mentioning the baptistery I got a lot of, "What are you talking about?"
Unknown2011-06-12 20:34:50
QUOTE (Eventru @ Jun 11 2011, 11:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

We've been trying to get something done for months! sad.gif