new demonnic bundle

by Unknown

Back to Mechanic's Corner.

Unknown2011-06-07 07:23:06
This is the tabbed chat, influencer, harvester, and calendar all in one. This will be what I keep updated from now on, and as I do bugfixes I will update the version here. I have made a script object called "Configuration Options" inside each folder for which there are options to configure. For the tabbed chat and calendar, there are configuration options for whether to use them or not (IE create them/display them or not). You can safely remove the folders you won't use if you really don't want to have them there, but it won't really hurt anything to leave them in.

The information tabs are definitely coming. Especially with this liquidrift stuff. (*Edit: I've got something going for myself on this, but have not figured out how I want to incorporate it into the bundle as yet. Or if I'll ship it as a separate entity.)

Requires the use of GMCP.

LATEST VERSION

Version History

2.2:

GMCP Stuff:
Added handler for gmcp.Char.Items.Update since someone pointed it out to me. Also have room item event handlers raise event "rilist updated" .

2.1:

Tabbed Chat:
Added timestamping functionality. See the configuration options portion of the script. Minor code changes associated with this

GMCP Stuff:
Added handling for the IRE.Rift.List event. This doesn't really happen on its own, but the bundle now registers the IRE module and once I've written my rift parser for displaying the contents of your rift I will likely include a regular check to IRE.Rifts.Request to keep the information up to date. No such mechanism has yet been included.

2.0:

General:
Just putting up the .xml for now, when the 2.0 full release happens I'll start making more use of mpackages.

Tabbed Chat:
Few minor bug fixes, I think I nailed them all, so any bugs still around please report, it could be I just missed it.

Influencer:
Several bugfixes to the way it was handling its management of the room items/IH/mobs.

Fixed issue with it sometimes skipping the first influencable target after a string of uninfluencable ones... this saves on ego, but did introduce another bug wherein occasionally you'll have to hit enter or wait for another event from the mud for it to continue. Still trying to debug this one, but decided it was better than having one mob constantly draining you on the side.

1.0:

General:
autopopulates demonnic.roomItems with all items in the room (IH). Keeps it up to date using GMCP
autopopulates demonnic.skills with all of your skills, by group

Tabbed Chat:
Tab will no longer blink if you're on it when a message goes to it.

Influencer:
Initial release of rewrite.
uses demonnic.roomItems for population of target lists
uses demonnic.skills to autopopulate influencing attack tables
uses gmcp to pick a random direction to flee if one is not specified
uses gmcp to keep the target list for influencing up to date.

Commands:
minf <type of influence> <optional direction to flee>
will influence (or try to) EVERYTHING in the room. Exceptions are pulled from
the table demonnic.influencer.exceptions . This is editable in the Configuration Options
object
tinf <type of mob> <type of influence> <optional direction to flee>
Like the old influencer's minf, this will only influence mobs of one particular type.
unlike the old, though, this will do a substring search of all items in the room.
So if you want to influence "a shadowlord widowrider" you could put "shadow", "lord",
"widow", or "rider" in for the type of mob and it would work. This means if you chose
"illithoid" as the <type of mob> it would do every mob in the room with "illithoid" in
its long name.
inf <target> <type of influence> <optional direction to flee>:
for influencing just 1 mob.

Harvester:
Nothing much has changed here, I essentially just rewrote it to work with my
rewritten/refactored code. Automatically uses nature growth after done. I
will be adding a config option for this later.

Commands:
har <optional type>
this will harvest a room. It will not harvest below 5 for any herb, and it will not
harvest hibernating herbs. If you specify a type (eg "har calamus") then it will only
harvest those herbs from the room.

Calendar:
Nothing's really changed much here from the post on June 3rd. It's just included

Commands:
herbcal
Toggles the herbalist portion of the calendar on/off

Unknown2011-06-07 08:26:01
Man, I love you! Saved me so much time grabbing this.

Will push some credits your way shortly.
Unknown2011-06-07 13:10:21
QUOTE (Draylor @ Jun 7 2011, 04:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Man, I love you! Saved me so much time grabbing this.

Will push some credits your way shortly.

Donations never required but always accepted =)
Unknown2011-06-07 20:12:32
Very generous of you to share this. Thank you for the time and effort.
Unknown2011-06-07 21:32:09
QUOTE (Edenwe @ Jun 7 2011, 04:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Very generous of you to share this. Thank you for the time and effort.

Had to code it for myself, why not share? =) Besides, then I get people using it who find bugs which might otherwise elude me for awhile.

Also, I just get a high off of helping people out.
Ileein2011-06-27 15:26:35
Is the calendar incompatible with the fancy Lusternia GUI? Somehow whenever I try to use it, I don't get the calendar, and my DATE output gets gagged.
Unknown2011-06-27 17:33:02
QUOTE (Ileein @ Jun 27 2011, 11:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is the calendar incompatible with the fancy Lusternia GUI? Somehow whenever I try to use it, I don't get the calendar, and my DATE output gets gagged.

I gag the date output, can make that a configurable option with the next release.

I can't think of anything which would make the calendar imcompatible with the fancy Lusternia GUI, but I'll take a look at it later tonight and see if I can reproduce the problem.
Unknown2011-06-30 07:31:36
v2 uploaded, OP updated to reflect new download.

date output being gagged has not yet been made an option, but I haven't forgotten it. Just felt the bugfixes warranted posting what I had.
Jalain2011-07-03 13:20:47
Influencer doesn't work for me
Vadi2011-07-03 14:18:06
If you'd like help, you should say what's exactly not working to begin with, or describe how it isn't working. Otherwise that's a rather vague statement, and doesn't give anyone room to start helping you.
Unknown2011-07-04 02:45:26
Indeed, I'll need a bit more to go on before I can really begin to look into what the problem might be. It was working for me just the other evening, so any information on what causes the problem would be helpful. I promise I don't put out code that I think won't work, it's all stuff I use myself. So I need to be able to figure out what the differences are =).

Once I have a better idea of what it is you're doing, and how the script is reacting to it, I can start to dig a bit deeper.
Jalain2011-07-04 08:49:56
Okay. I used the inf command, but when I did, nothing happened. Is it supposed to auto-influence? Or do I need to create a button?
Unknown2011-07-05 23:18:24
QUOTE (Jalain @ Jul 4 2011, 04:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Okay. I used the inf command, but when I did, nothing happened. Is it supposed to auto-influence? Or do I need to create a button?

did you use any arguments? Or just 'inf' ?

If you want to influence everything in a room, you can simply do

'minf empower' or 'minf weaken' etc.

This all relies on you having GMCP enabled and working. Also, check in the script editor for errors by clicking on the Error button on the left. If there are any, those will help me figure out where the problem might be.

What version of Mudlet are you on?

Unknown2011-07-05 23:19:27
QUOTE (Ileein @ Jun 27 2011, 11:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

are you getting any errors? I've not found anything that looks like it would conflict. Still have not had time to test the two together in a clean profile, hoping to make time for that tonight.
Jalain2011-07-06 16:21:34
I relized that most of my problems were that I was using the latest 'stable' version of Mudlet. Once I got the latest release candidate, the influencer started to work.. However, once you have won the influence battle, the balance trigger doesn't turn itself off.

Also, is there a way to right click a name on IH so it will analyze, and then highlight and make the analyze text clickable to start the influencer with the best type against the target?
Unknown2011-07-07 06:02:10
QUOTE (Jalain @ Jul 6 2011, 12:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I relized that most of my problems were that I was using the latest 'stable' version of Mudlet. Once I got the latest release candidate, the influencer started to work.. However, once you have won the influence battle, the balance trigger doesn't turn itself off.

Also, is there a way to right click a name on IH so it will analyze, and then highlight and make the analyze text clickable to start the influencer with the best type against the target?

Would you be so kind as to provide a screenshot of what you're talking about? I'm not sure I'm following what you're saying.

And sure, that's imminently doable. Possibly click to influence all mobs of that type, right-click 'single influence' or something similar to only influence that one mob. I'll add it to my list and see about getting it in there.
Unknown2011-07-09 02:02:09
I've had troubles with the previous versions due to the old atcp global thingy, but your latest ones are good! No problems with anything so far, and I like the nifty calender on the bottom right hand side... despite not being an herbalist.
Unknown2011-07-09 02:20:22
QUOTE (Edenwe @ Jul 8 2011, 10:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've had troubles with the previous versions due to the old atcp global thingy, but your latest ones are good! No problems with anything so far, and I like the nifty calender on the bottom right hand side... despite not being an herbalist.

Thanks! Always glad to read positive comments. Work's been crazy lately, so I've had to be a bit less active than I'd intended... working on lessening the 14+ hour workdays. Soon though, new fixes and maybe some new features =)
Unknown2011-07-11 03:26:57
tested the bundle, with calendar turned on, and the fancy gui and it all seemed to be working as intended. I'm a bit stymied at the moment as to what it might be, since it's working in a fresh profile with just the two loaded for me.
Rakor2011-07-13 17:18:56
Getting this error when I try to mass influence

object: )> function:
<./mudlet-lua/lua/TableUtils.lua:104: bad argument #1 to 'pairs' (table expected, got nil)>

single target works fine, but mass influence doesn't

Using mudlet 2.0test3, GMCP enabled