Some GMCP Events

by Unknown

Back to Mechanic's Corner.

Unknown2011-06-06 02:42:35
Edit: This came about as a a result of me rewriting my influencer... this will enable some pretty cool stuff, like skill autodetection behind the scenes without gaglines, and up-to-the-minute mob tracking. I plan to use this info to create some targeting labels down the line too. Tie it back in to the influencer, give hooks for using it for bashing if you like. But I digress.

If you import this xml it will do two things:

1.) It will automatically store all room items in demonnic.roomItems . This includes sigils, ents, denizens, etc. Everything on IH. It also keeps it up to date using the Add and Remove gmcp events.

A sample display(demonnic.roomItems)

CODE
table {
  'a green eyelash viper': table {
    1: '365066'
  }
  'a rowan sapling': table {
    1: '353641'
  }
  'a Daughter of Shadow': table {
    1: '90391'
  }
  'a war shrine of Nocht': table {
    1: '93050'
  }
  'a sprite bound in shadows': table {
    1: '234424'
  }
  'the Shadow Glass': table {
    1: '98408'
  }
  'Ikrae, the Shadow Priestess': table {
    1: '96479'
  }
}

2.) It will fill a table called demonnic.skills . I believe it will work on log in, but I haven't yet tested that (I will edit this post when I do test it). The demonnic.skills table will contain an entry for each skill type (IE environment, aethercraft, nature). Each of these entries is a table of the skills you have in this skilltype.

So for me demonnic.skills.nature looks like this (demonnic.skills.aethercraft for aethercraft... etc etc)

CODE
'nature': table {
    1: 'Sense'
    2: 'Blend'
    3: 'Barkskin'
    4: 'Talisman'
    5: 'Rooting'
    6: 'Nut'
    7: 'Torc'
    8: 'Faeriefire'
    9: 'Vines'
    10: 'Growth'
    11: 'Flow'
    12: 'Guard'
    13: 'Rain'
    14: 'Gate'
    15: 'Master'
  }

The mpackage*: On Mudlet Forums

*Note: .mpackage is the extension of the new mudlet packages (this is really cool, and still being improved). However, it requires version 2.0rc6-pre1 or newer of Mudlet. You do not need to upgrade to use this however. The .mpackage file in this case is just a renamed .zip file with the .xml inside of it**. Open it with any zip type program (7zip is good and free) or you can rename it to .zip and deal with it however you would a .zip normally.

**Note2: .mpackage is actually cooler than that. You can include other files inside the .zip file, and they'll be unzipped to your mudlet profile directory. So if you include a directory called 'demonnic_coolthing' with any pictures, .lua files, etc you wanted to include. More info HERE .
Unknown2011-06-06 08:15:57
So this is why you were up all night, eh? tongue.gif

Looking really good this, mate. Thanks. I grabbed it to save time on my auto-basher.
Calixa2011-06-06 10:49:23
GMCP is indeed pretty damn neat. You may want to add the comms table to it, the one with people and what channels you share with them. I use it as an extended who list myself since it sees through cloaking gems of things like family members and also into manses. Only requirement to see that is sharing at least one sort of channel / clan with the person. It does not see into Aetherspace however, that is important to point out.
Anisu2011-06-06 11:35:25
QUOTE (Calixa @ Jun 6 2011, 12:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
GMCP is indeed pretty damn neat. You may want to add the comms table to it, the one with people and what channels you share with them. I use it as an extended who list myself since it sees through cloaking gems of things like family members and also into manses. Only requirement to see that is sharing at least one sort of channel / clan with the person. It does not see into Aetherspace however, that is important to point out.

Btw if this also reveals cloaked people you only share a clan with, you should probably bug it.
Unknown2011-06-06 12:45:56
QUOTE (Draylor @ Jun 6 2011, 04:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So this is why you were up all night, eh? tongue.gif

Looking really good this, mate. Thanks. I grabbed it to save time on my auto-basher.

Actually, I got that bit done before dinner... finishing the influencer is why I was up all night. Just haven't been able to pull it out of my profile yet. Should be posted up tonight.
Unknown2011-06-06 12:48:17
QUOTE (Calixa @ Jun 6 2011, 06:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

We'll see. Could perhaps use that for generating who lists for informational display...

I think the next thing I'm going to tackle is parsing gmcp for rift/inventory information. For the infotabs rewrite.
Unknown2011-06-06 12:49:27
QUOTE (Anisu @ Jun 6 2011, 07:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Btw if this also reveals cloaked people you only share a clan with, you should probably bug it.

Unless they'd show in your cwho/gwho list... I seem to recall reading the gem wouldn't remove you from that, so it could be if you share CT with them it shows them anyways. Not sure that would be a bug.
Anisu2011-06-06 13:28:47
QUOTE (demonnic @ Jun 6 2011, 02:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Unless they'd show in your cwho/gwho list... I seem to recall reading the gem wouldn't remove you from that, so it could be if you share CT with them it shows them anyways. Not sure that would be a bug.

that is why I used only share a clan with tongue.gif
Unknown2011-06-06 13:53:27
QUOTE (Anisu @ Jun 6 2011, 09:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
that is why I used only share a clan with tongue.gif

Doh, so you did
Calixa2011-06-06 19:00:49
Ok, all people I know with a cloak to share CWHO / GWHO with me, didn't think that through. But still, you can see (cloaked) people who are in their manse, so shows more than regular WHO commands would.
Unknown2011-07-26 15:03:05
Somewhat unrelated, but is there a GMCP event for deathsense? Is there another way to identify a message as a deathsense message (trigger on a particular colour)?
Unknown2011-07-26 16:13:27
You can configure your deathsight color with CONFIG COLOR and then set a trigger to capture that.
Unknown2011-07-26 16:23:19
QUOTE (Zarquan @ Jul 26 2011, 12:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You can configure your deathsight color with CONFIG COLOR and then set a trigger to capture that.

Oh! Finally found it in the manual. Thanks Zarguan!