Aethermapping

by Enyalida

Back to Mechanic's Corner.

Enyalida2011-04-30 20:30:15
Does anyone have a way to create composite images like this of aetherspace that either works or can be adapted to work for mudlet? I'm not exactly sure how I'd go about making code for this from scratch, but I'm totally up for helping to modify/test any code (within my ability) and fly lots of aetherspace exploration jaunts to update existing maps.

With no IG way of really mapping out aetherspace and very limited personal ways of keeping track of where things are (screencaps and notes), I'd like to help keep the public maps updated!
Anisu2011-04-30 21:30:46
QUOTE (Enyalida @ Apr 30 2011, 10:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Does anyone have a way to create composite images like this of aetherspace that either works or can be adapted to work for mudlet? I'm not exactly sure how I'd go about making code for this from scratch, but I'm totally up for helping to modify/test any code (within my ability) and fly lots of aetherspace exploration jaunts to update existing maps.

With no IG way of really mapping out aetherspace and very limited personal ways of keeping track of where things are (screencaps and notes), I'd like to help keep the public maps updated!

the original was a mudbot modification, that should work for mudlet as well as any other non browser client. Not sure where you can get it though, but someone updated the maps recently so maybe they will come forward.
Calixa2011-05-20 18:13:11
On a slightly related note, as I don't want to make a new topic just for this, does anyone have a regexp pattern for caputuring the Aethermap or how would you do it? I feel so blind not having the map up, but it is so spammy.
Lilia2011-05-20 19:28:12
I do exact matches for each environment type. Sliding through the slipstream. Drifting upon the aether flux. Lurching through dimensional shifts. ect. Then have a child trigger that captures every line until you get a prompt.
Vadi2011-05-20 21:53:16
That's what I do as well.
Calixa2011-05-20 22:44:20
How'd I do the capturing until prompt? Can I just set it to run for X extra lines?
Unknown2011-05-20 23:04:41
QUOTE (Calixa @ May 20 2011, 06:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How'd I do the capturing until prompt? Can I just set it to run for X extra lines?

Set the fire length to 99 on the parent trigger, first child trigger is a lua trigger. it's pattern should be "return isPrompt()" . The code for that should be setTriggerStayOpen("nameofparenttrigger", 0) . The second child trigger is lua, "return true" , and you do the copying and pasting in there.
Calixa2011-05-20 23:33:09
Thanks all, got it working now wub.gif
Lehki2011-05-21 01:33:05
I made some modifications to that map once, adding Hallifax and Gaudi actually, but I did that by just... flying around with Paint open on the side and editing it by hand. xD

Wouldn't suggest that method for anything bigger, though.