tempering my katana

by Tarion

Back to Combat Guide.

Tarion2011-04-21 23:37:19
It is a two-handed weapon.
Damage: 116 Precision: 518 Speed: 225
It has the following dwarven runes etched upon it in coal:
A dwarven rune shaped like a wolf has been etched in coal.
A dwarven rune shaped like an axe has been etched in coal.
A dwarven rune shaped like a boar has been etched in coal.
It has a Great Rune of the Puissant Knight attached to it
It has a Great Rune of the Puissant Champion attached to it
It has a Great Rune of the Cosmic Champion attached to it

Aslaran pureblade, thats my katana, wondering if I should keep it the same or temper precision for speed or vice versa, hitting about every 2.8 seconds now.
Ilyssa2011-04-22 02:50:58
You took champion and then you go on the forums and ask a completely open-ended question about combat, which could have easily been answered by most anyone in the guild? o_o

(It's honestly your own choice. You need to find what hits hardest and fastest enough for your own personal style of combat.)
Tarion2011-04-22 03:39:00
I asked in guild already, just wanted to get some more opinions geez no need to be so harsh.
Ilyssa2011-04-22 04:03:46
QUOTE (Tarion @ Apr 21 2011, 11:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I asked in guild already, just wanted to get some more opinions geez no need to be so harsh.

I'm not. tongue.gif
Lilija2011-04-22 06:13:14
I've been told once or twice that the speed to aim for, supposedly, is every three seconds. As an aslaran, I typically ran around with a maxxed precision, min damage, rest in speed katana and did pretty okay. But it's all personal taste, really. Long as you can single assault tendon robe wearers, that's good enough for me in my book.
Unknown2011-04-22 20:20:30
I'm going to shamelessly point to this thread once again.
Ilyssa2011-04-22 21:05:15
QUOTE (Rainydays @ Apr 22 2011, 04:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm going to shamelessly point to this thread once again.

I love that thread. wub.gif
Ixion2011-05-23 13:47:42
QUOTE (Tarion @ Apr 21 2011, 07:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It is a two-handed weapon.
Damage: 116 Precision: 518 Speed: 225
It has the following dwarven runes etched upon it in coal:
A dwarven rune shaped like a wolf has been etched in coal.
A dwarven rune shaped like an axe has been etched in coal.
A dwarven rune shaped like a boar has been etched in coal.
It has a Great Rune of the Puissant Champion attached to it
It has a Great Rune of the Cosmic Champion attached to it

Aslaran pureblade, thats my katana, wondering if I should keep it the same or temper precision for speed or vice versa, hitting about every 2.8 seconds now.

Max precision to 517 base, rest in highest speed division of 10 (the gains are in increments of 10 as far as I've ever seen e.g. 200=209 != 210), last couple points in damage without a doubt for AL/PB. Remember that assaults are 1.6x (1.4x for BM/BC) in wounds only (no damage gains anymore) so more base wounds results in more assault wounds. Also remember that wounds per second does not account for hindering. In combat, even 1v1, the chance of you being able to attack every single balance regain will not happen, which leaves burst wounding hits far superior and even moreso with assault swings for tendons/slits. I think BM is the only spec where max speed is viable and worth it through impale chains.
Veyrzhul2011-05-23 14:07:10
QUOTE (Ixion @ May 23 2011, 02:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Max precision to 517 base, rest in highest speed division of 10 (the gains are in increments of 10 as far as I've ever seen e.g. 200=209 != 210), last couple points in damage without a doubt for AL/PB. Remember that assaults are 1.6x (1.4x for BM/BC) in wounds only (no damage gains anymore) so more base wounds results in more assault wounds. Also remember that wounds per second does not account for hindering. In combat, even 1v1, the chance of you being able to attack every single balance regain will not happen, which leaves burst wounding hits far superior and even moreso with assault swings for tendons/slits. I think BM is the only spec where max speed is viable and worth it through impale chains.

Actually, the wounding increase is 60% for one-handers and (formerly 40%) 48% for two-handers.
Ixion2011-05-23 14:47:16
Sounds right, the logic is the same regardless. It's changed a few times over the years and it's annoying to test for me since wounding runes don't stack fully with it.
Unknown2011-06-03 04:19:58
QUOTE (Ilyssa @ Apr 21 2011, 09:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm not. tongue.gif

yay!