Help a warrior out

by Lilija

Back to Combat Guide.

Lilija2011-03-09 23:35:41
Hey forum goers,

I'm at a bit of a crossroads, and unsure what artifact items/dingbat items/etc. I want to pick up in the future. I'm currently a level 83, so I know that Demi is definitely needed. Beyond that though, I'm at a loss. Here's my AB.

Edit: Looking for items that increase my utility/effectiveness in combat. Fluff items need not apply.

CODE
-------------         ------------   ------------
Combat                Transcendent   Melee
Resilience            Transcendent   Fitness
Discernment           Mythical       Intellect
Highmagic             Mythical       Arcana
Planar                Mythical       Mysticism
Discipline            Transcendent   Willpower
Environment           Virtuoso       Communion
Influence             Transcendent   Magnetism
Dramatics             Capable        Performance
Arts                  Adept          Finearts
Beastmastery          Transcendent   Magnetism
Aethercraft           Transcendent   Mysticism

Trade Skills          Rank           Pool
Forging               Transcendent   Melee

Guild Skills          Rank           Pool
Rituals               Transcendent   Arcana
    Paradigmatics
Knighthood            Transcendent   Melee
    Pureblade
Athletics             Transcendent   Fitness

As for artis, I have a forging mallet, a katana with 2 level 3 stats, 2 level 3 wounding, and a fire damage run, three arti pipes, a cameo, a fesix pack, and a level 1 crit rune. I currently have 50 credits, 105 dingbats, and an insignificant amount of gold. I'm curious what folks would recommend for the next series of buys, if I should trade around the dingbats for credits, etc. Also have an IRE membership, ticking at 140 credit/month currently.
Unknown2011-03-10 01:14:09
Another elemental rune, roa, demigod, life rune, then leap, scent dingbat arties. Get a good beast too.
Lilija2011-03-10 06:16:07
Currently have a wyvern w/hypnoticgaze, regen mana, amnesiacloud and poison. Any of those worth dropping/any other skills worth adding? Also, is it worthwhile to toss a collar on one for the extra trains, or to just keep it at level 12?
Razenth2011-03-10 06:27:47
I would stick chameleon, sleepcloud, gust, and blocking personally. Maybe not sleepcloud I guess, since you hit things.
Lilija2011-03-10 06:56:56
Believe athletics provides blocking as well. Assume having it on the beast is redundant? And is there a particular advantage to having gust on the beast instead of on a piece of jewelery?
Razenth2011-03-10 06:59:30
Gust requires your balance to cast but consumes beast balance iirc. Blocking will let you block two exits, nothing wrong with that.
Unknown2011-03-10 07:52:30
I don't think blocking works like that if you're a warrior, but if so, that's pretty awesome. Still doubt it.
Razenth2011-03-10 07:54:26
I assumed blocking could be done independent of whether you were mounted or not, like you just tell it to block an exit. If not, then I'd probably go for one or two of the cures and see about integrating it into your system.
Unknown2011-03-10 10:11:22
QUOTE (Razenth @ Mar 10 2011, 01:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I assumed blocking could be done independent of whether you were mounted or not, like you just tell it to block an exit.

This is not how it works in practice.
Lilija2011-03-24 06:11:03
Rather than start a new thread, I figured I'd ask another question here and see if I get any bites...err...replies. I'm curious how exactly Hunting/Tracking mesh with warrior combat and how to use the skill in actual battle. The basics seem simple enough, set pits in the room you/your group are fighting in, and make sure they stay set. Is that all there really is to it? Obviously, I'm not expecting anyone to share their super secret strategies about how to be the best trapper ever (though I'm willing to compensate anyone that can prove their effectiveness and is willing to teach me) but a few pointers on how to best utilize the skill would be great to get.

Also, is snakepit worth learning? What can said snakes do, exactly? Oh, and I assume transing environment is pretty much necessary as well? And for your companion to attack someone (is that even worthwhile?) is it required that they be on your enemies list?

Any other tidbits of information similar to the questions above that aren't immediately apparent about hunting would be much appreciated.
Unknown2011-03-24 11:43:48
Being an efficient trapper really is all about pits. And springtraps. Ambush tackles too. Tracking isn't all that hot 1v1, but it's pretty awesome for groups. Bond unite is pretty great too, since it's one of the few ways to reliably bypass gp.

Snakepits are nice but they need way too much work to upkeep. Snakepits have 5 snakes which afflict depending on the type. The good snakes are the limb break and stupidity ones. Yeah you'll want to trans environment especially if you're fighting enemy trappers. Bond attack doesn't require enemy list, just name a target.

Xiel's site has the ab's, read them. I'll help more if you need.