Nursery Rhymes for the Children of the Basin!

by Mezz

Back to Chronicles of the Basin.

Mezz2011-02-10 01:46:20
for the ones from magnagora:

'n that old imperial merian'd come to you
just after the dawn, it'd be soap and brush
just after the dawn, it'd be out of the blue
damned be the dawn, poor childe, rush... rush!
beware of the merian, my childe, and shush!

I started magnagora once I think to be easy to think what a seren or celestian would sing... laugh.gif

and now...
what do you think the parents and whoever is taking care of children (or just torturing them, who knows geek.gif ) in Lusternia is singing for the younglings (or haunting them with)?
Sylphas2011-02-10 01:53:56
QUOTE (Mezz @ Feb 9 2011, 08:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
for the ones from magnagora:

'n that old imperial merian'd come to you
just after the dawn, it'd be soap and brush
just after the dawn, it'd be out of the blue
damned be the dawn, poor childe, rush... rush!
beware of the merian, my childe, and shush!

I started magnagora once I think to be easy to think what a seren or celestian would sing... laugh.gif

and now...
what do you think the parents and whoever is taking care of children (or just torturing them, who knows geek.gif ) in Lusternia is singing for the younglings (or haunting them with)?

Sylphas just sends them to Phoebus.
Shiri2011-02-10 02:19:01
...all I can think of is Xinemus' covers.
Unknown2011-02-10 02:22:42
QUOTE (Shiri @ Feb 10 2011, 10:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Absolute truth. Too bad he never actually recorded them. sad.gif
Unknown2011-02-10 06:12:57
On top of Aveeeeechnaaaaa's,
The Avenger's miiiiiiight
Is sealed Great Kethuuuuuruuuu,
The Basin's dark pliiiiiight

If they ever weeeaaaakeeeeen,
His terror will reeeeiiignn,
tongues and mounds of eeeeyeeeballls,
bring strife blood and paaaaiiiiin.

Mezz2011-02-10 20:15:52
QUOTE (Rainydays @ Feb 10 2011, 03:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
On top of Aveeeeechnaaaaa's,
The Avenger's miiiiiiight
Is sealed Great Kethuuuuuruuuu,
The Basin's dark pliiiiiight

If they ever weeeaaaakeeeeen,
His terror will reeeeiiignn,
tongues and mounds of eeeeyeeeballls,
bring strife blood and paaaaiiiiin.

heheh! that was a good one... for all the Basin!

I wonder about what Hallifaxians or Gaudies fear... scrambled eggs? truth? hehehe
Llesvelt2011-02-10 20:18:54
QUOTE (Mezz @ Feb 10 2011, 09:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I wonder about what Hallifaxians or Gaudies fear... scrambled eggs? truth? hehehe

Scientific and artistic stagnation suspicious.gif

Also, the Time-KGB.
Moriana2011-02-10 20:23:06
QUOTE (Shiri @ Feb 9 2011, 09:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Amusingly, Xinemus was the person I first thought of too, but not because of his admittedly hilarious covers. A while ago, he also came up with the idea to write a Glomdorian children's primer or nursery rhyme. The only one I remember him actually finishing was "'B' is for Black Widow," though.
Unknown2011-02-10 20:24:58
QUOTE (Mezz @ Feb 10 2011, 03:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hallifax fears nothing. Fear is illogical and gets in the way of efficiency and the making of sound decisions. mellow.gif The Commissariat of Offspring Temporary Management provides only instrumental pieces for the enjoyment of those in their care, as it is pure music, with no potentially unsavory lyrics to get in the way of the aesthetic appeal of sound.

I totally just made that up. It is fanon. But seriously our daycare is badass. Look at this guy:
Commissariat of Offspring Temporary Management.
Banks of clouds roil about here. This squat marble facility on the edge of the platform is divided
into two sections. The first is a small waiting area with a reception desk and several low benches,
the second is a wide plaza, open to the sky, strewn with a variety of toys and amusements for
children to partake in while their parents gamble. These range from the mundane - including a see-
saw and a set of climbing bars - to the more exotic, such as a wire mesh crate of aeroballs that
twitch and judder against the sides of their enclosure. Behind the reception desk, a plane of light
depicts a powerfully-built, uniformed lucidian with a determined expression surrounded by smiling
children beneath the words "COTM Is Here To Serve! Ward 7, Precinct 40".
Llesvelt2011-02-10 20:26:34
It is obviously illegal not to be afraid of the Time-KGB.

>_>

But yeah, Hallifax, the Beacon of Even-The-Daycare-Having-An-Awesome-Department.
Daraius2011-02-10 21:26:56
That dude is also more than willing to give children away to any scientist who needs test subjects. Really taking to heart the T in COTM.
Mezz2011-02-11 02:00:16
QUOTE (Phoebus @ Feb 10 2011, 05:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hallifax fears nothing. Fear is illogical and gets in the way of efficiency and the making of sound decisions. mellow.gif The Commissariat of Offspring Temporary Management provides only instrumental pieces for the enjoyment of those in their care, as it is pure music, with no potentially unsavory lyrics to get in the way of the aesthetic appeal of sound.

heheh... then I can guess that it'd be scary enough a music with lyrics. it doesn't matter wich kind of lyrics.

I wonder how hard it will be the work of a bard there... hrm... maybe they'll be the first bards using flutes, hehe.
Unknown2011-02-11 09:53:55
QUOTE (Mezz @ Feb 10 2011, 09:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
heheh... then I can guess that it'd be scary enough a music with lyrics. it doesn't matter wich kind of lyrics.

I wonder how hard it will be the work of a bard there... hrm... maybe they'll be the first bards using flutes, hehe.

I maintain that Hallifax bards' genre will be temporoelechestral, and their skills will be based upon the harmonic perfection of sound. suspicious.gif (totally wrong, but let me DREAM, OK)
Aerotan2011-02-14 22:41:23
I actually think I got Bardic Merit once by doing 'Daisy' as a Serenwilde poem. I'll try to dig it up.

EDIT: Can't find it, didn't win with it, most likely mailed it off to someone.

EDIT2: pretty sure it was something like:

Fae, please, fae please
come with me to the moon.
Night's gone crazy
She'll gobble you all up soon.
Faethorn will not be safe long
from the shadow-witch song.
But Moon will meet, and keep you sweet
from the Night dancer tricks, your doom.