Mud client for the Wii?

by Unknown

Back to Mechanic's Corner.

Unknown2011-02-08 04:05:12
So, my cpu decided to die a day or two ago sadly, with seemingly no hope of repair but I dug out the ol' Wii and its "famed" network browser. To my dismay I found out it has no java and possibly the worst flash you could ever get your hands on. So I come asking if anyone knows of a mud client that works on the wii. P.s. I could not find Telnet, and I do not know if it even exists.
Lorina2011-02-08 23:19:37
I don't think there is anything for the Wii like that...I don't even know anything on the Homebrew channel..I mean, I have looked, but nothing in-depth.
Janalon2011-02-09 00:37:32
Don't know of any mudclients for the Wii.

THOUGH, on the flipside, there are a ton of neat things you can do with a Wii Mote once you get your laptop up and running again:

http://johnnylee.net/projects/wii/
Calixa2011-02-09 11:28:41
If you have a iPhone / iPod Touch, I saw a few MUD client apps in the app store. Pocket MUD is a free one, but it uses a non-monospace font and does not allow for configuration, but it might be a temporary solution.
Neos2011-02-09 18:14:07
QUOTE (Calixa @ Feb 9 2011, 06:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you have a iPhone / iPod Touch, I saw a few MUD client apps in the app store. Pocket MUD is a free one, but it uses a non-monospace font and does not allow for configuration, but it might be a temporary solution.

I use Pocket MUD, main drawback is that you can't switch to other apps or it'll disconnect you. And to make triggers, you have to not be connected.
Calixa2011-02-09 18:43:48
QUOTE (AquaNeos @ Feb 9 2011, 07:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I use Pocket MUD, main drawback is that you can't switch to other apps or it'll disconnect you. And to make triggers, you have to not be connected.

Yeah, the trigger thing isn't so handy, but then again I've only really got it as a backup plan if something would happen to the desktop or I go on vacation and I'd want to quickly log in to quickly mend clothes or vote. I thought the disconnecting was standard fare, other apps do it too unless they have a timeout mode (eBuddy client springs to mind).