Nexus Odds

by Mezz

Back to Mechanic's Corner.

Mezz2011-01-29 03:21:59
ok...

I am enjoying a lot the improvements of Nexus.
but I noticed something that can be a problem: when a wiccan appears in the room, I can see every single fae bounded in the shadows in the list of beings right under the Map (at right).

I submited it as a bug, but it was sad that wasn't considered a problem and that I should look for my guild envoy if I think it's an issue. well, I am not a wiccan, but I think that wiccans wouldn't be pleased to be noticed in such a way.

what do you think? is it okay? it's nice to know when a wiccan is around... although this doesn't seem that fair, does it?
Ssaliss2011-01-29 03:25:00
I never saw it as much of a problem, really. I was aware of the problem, but never submitted it onwards. For me, the main reason to hide fae is to not spam everyone in the room, which is unaffected.
Sylphas2011-01-29 03:38:49
Cloaked fae still show on IH. The entire point of the skill is to reduce spam, not to give any advantage because of it. Just assume a Wiccan always has all of their fae, really.
Mezz2011-01-29 05:04:53
oh!
this makes much more sense than the answer I received! thanks!

hrm... but is there any other way to peer at the bounded fae?
Sylphas2011-01-29 05:32:25
To peer at them? You can interact with them like normal, you just can't see them on QL or when they move. You know those guys that lead 20 pilgrims and scholars and bards around through the nexus? We used to be like those guys, except worse.

If you mean, "Is there another way to see when a shrouded Wiccan enters the room?" the answer is yes, but probably not as simply. I went and got reactions for it on my pet like a lot of others have done. The more important issue with movement, I think, is seeing which exit they leave through, and a list of creatures in the room doesn't help with that.
Sondayga2011-01-29 05:45:42
QUOTE (Sylphas @ Jan 28 2011, 10:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Cloaked fae still show on IH. The entire point of the skill is to reduce spam, not to give any advantage because of it. Just assume a Wiccan always has all of their fae, really.

They don't show up on IH anymore, neither do beasts that have chameleon on. Or mine don't... I might just be odd...
Sylphas2011-01-29 05:51:34
QUOTE (sondayga @ Jan 29 2011, 12:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They don't show up on IH anymore, neither do beasts that have chameleon on. Or mine don't... I might just be odd...

If they don't it changed as of today while I was at work.
Unknown2011-01-29 05:54:16
It's a longstanding bug.
Ixion2011-01-29 10:56:12
All cloaked ents and bonds no longer show up on IH, and it is not a bug.
Sylphas2011-01-29 18:19:01
That's actually really annoying in some ways, although probably not in a situation where it would be a real problem.
Everiine2011-01-29 18:32:05
QUOTE (Sylphas @ Jan 29 2011, 01:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's actually really annoying in some ways, although probably not in a situation where it would be a real problem.

Didn't it have something to do with the Gaudiguch spy bond thingie that was useless because you could see it in the room?