The Wedding of Daraius and Sylandra

by Arel

Back to Event Scrolls.

Arel2011-01-27 05:45:57
You say, "We have gathered this evening to honour the Collective by joining Daraius Shevat and
Sylandra Skyplume in marriage, that in their union they will work more productively for the
betterment of the Commonwealth than as they would apart."

You say, "In joining together in such a union, they take on certain and definite responsibilities to
one another. Let them never forget this duty, and let all here serve to remind them if they should
forget."

You ask, "Would the couple please come forward?"

A crystalline overlook of the skies.
Banks of clouds roil about here. Surrounded by forks of crackling lightning, a sparkling opal
thunderbird spreads his grey, leathery wings here, yellow eyes blazing with a keen intellect. A
radiant glass shadhahvar is here, gambolling amidst eldritch breezes. Temporal Commissar Nathuel, of
the Order of Cririk is here, shrouded. Force Commander Ridley Skyplume, Strategian First Class is
here. He wields a euphonious lyrebird tower shield in his left hand and a delicate crystal staff in
his right. Professor Ileein Shevat, Execumatrix Magnificus is here. He wields the Chronicles of Time
in his left hand and a jade void blaster in his right. Amanuensis Orventa Trueflight-Onz'Verheu, C.R.
O. is here. She wields a beryl domothean scalpel in her left hand and a magic spatula in her right.
Amanuensis Maellio Onz'Verheu, the Penumbral Observer is here, shrouded. He wields a tower shield of
the Matrix in his right hand. Instructor Daera Letara, Solemn Wind is here, surrounded by clouds. He
wields a delicate crystal staff in his right hand. Provost Tulemrah Shevat, Tender of Breezes is
here, surrounded by clouds. She wields a delicate crystal staff in her left hand and a pink
carnation in her right. Maestro Eliron Inseira, Shadowed Cadence is here. He wields a jewelled viola
of the setting sun in his left hand. He is surrounded by one reflection of himself. Lady Sylandra
Skyplume, the Starless Sky is here. She wields a delicate crystal staff in her left hand. Wind Rider
Irillia is here. She wields a graceful wind lyre in her left hand. Minister Daraius Shevat is here.
You see a single exit leading down.

Lady Sylandra Skyplume, the Starless Sky smiles at Daraius and steps forward, inclining her head
politely to you.

Minister Daraius Shevat strides dutifully forward to stand before the officiant.

You say, "You have been duly notified as to your responsibility to one another, as is required by
the marriage contract."

You say, "Now I shall provide words from Chairman Cririk Adom to remind you of your duty to the
Collective."

Minister Daraius Shevat swivels his ears towards you, listening carefully.

You say, "According to Chairman Adom, 'The current situation of the Commonwealth can only improve,
and our natural superiority shall only be strengthened by the Collective.'"

You say, "'The city of Hallifax is the pinnacle of civilization that stands at the top of the
cultural tree of the basin.'"

You say, "'So it has been and so it shall always continue to be.'"

You say, "'It is the Logical conclusion.'"

You say, "Just as Chairman Adom wrote, it is also the logical conclusion that your union be used to
further advance the goals and ideals of Hallifax, that we continue to be the pinnacle of
civilization and that all nations shall recognize our superiority."

You ask, "Are you both willing to work together for the betterment of our Commonwealth?"

Minister Daraius Shevat says to you, "I am, as always."

Lady Sylandra Skyplume, the Starless Sky says, "As am I."

You say, "Then let it be remembered throughout the rest of your lives."

You say, "If you have prepared personal vows, you may exchange them now."

You say, "With the Lady first, as is proper and gentlemanly."

You take a deep breath and allow your mind to calm, and your crystalline body begins to shift in
colour.

A low, contented growl arises within Daraius's chest.

Maellio tells you, "Enjoying youself, neh?"

Sylandra smiles softly at Daraius.

Maellio tells you, "Yourself... ehem."

You tell Amanuensis Maellio Onz'Verheu, the Penumbral Observer, "Who would not enjoy the opportunity
to be completely pompous?"

Maellio tells you, "Indeed."

The Quintessential Mandala of Resplendent Harmony suddenly begins to glow from its place over
Ileein's chest until its many gemstones shine with a near-blinding incandescence before dimming to
its normal brilliance, ripples of harmonic energy emanating for several moments after.

Enalie arrives from the down.

Lady Sylandra Skyplume, the Starless Sky says, "When it comes to words, it's very easy to oversay
something. And as I do not want to wear out my promises to you by waxing poetic verse after verse, I
will simply say that I love you, Daraius, and I hope to always stand beside you as I do now. I wish
for your joys to be my joys and your sorrows my sorrows, from this day forward."

Minister Daraius Shevat's expression softens and his tail wags briefly.

Minister Daraius Shevat glances from Sylandra to you, then back again.

Cold, clean breezes eddy through the air, driven indoors by the constant winds that buffet the city.

Arel nods solemnly to Daraius.

Minister Daraius Shevat says to Sylandra, "In my life of order and balance, careful plans and neat
charts, you have been both a constant and a confound."

Minister Daraius Shevat says to Sylandra, "You have always offered me your friendship and counsel,
and your company - over tea, before the stage, in rehearsal - and I have treasured every moment."

Baring his teeth slightly, Minister Daraius Shevat says, "And your notorious popularity has placed
me among company and in situations I would never have found myself in otherwise. The perils of being
social, as we say."

"Pish posh," says Sylandra with a dismissive wave of her hand.

Sylandra grins mischievously at Daraius.

The ghost of a smile passes fleetingly across Eliron's lips.

Fixing his impenetrable gaze on Sylandra, Minister Daraius Shevat says, "In spite of this, and
because of this, I am a fortunate man."

The sound of buffeting wings is briefly audible.

Minister Daraius Shevat says, "The rings we will exchange are merely tokens, a material reminder of
the love I have pledged to you, and a symbol of my loyalty to you, House Shevat, and the Collective."

Earnestly, Minister Daraius Shevat says, "And though the ring will never age, nor grow tarnished,
nor decay, it still will not outlast my deepest instincts: my fidelity and dedication, which are
yours until the thread of my fate is cut."

Sylandra smiles softly at Daraius.

Solemn, staid voices can be heard from somewhere outdoors, rising and falling in emotionless,
precise monotone.

Minister Daraius Shevat rumbles softly with a contented growl, and nods with finality.

You say, "If you would exchange the rings, then."

Sylandra gives a twining wolves wedding band to Minister Daraius Shevat.

Minister Daraius Shevat takes a pristine silver and beryl ring from his inner jacket pocket.

Daraius gives a twining wolves wedding band to Lady Sylandra Skyplume, the Starless Sky.

Sylandra slips into a twining wolves wedding band.

Daraius removes fashionable white leather gloves.

Daraius slips into a twining wolves wedding band.

Sylandra's eyes sparkle with amusement.

You say, "If you will both join hands now."

Daraius blinks.

Tulemrah smiles softly.

Sylandra hides a grin behind her hand.

You say, "Paws, or what have you."

Lady Sylandra Skyplume, the Starless Sky brings her crystal staff between herself and Daraius,
gesturing for him to put his hands on it as well.

Lady Sylandra Skyplume, the Starless Sky whispers to Daraius, "Is that better?"

Sylandra's eyes sparkle with amusement.

Minister Daraius Shevat places his hands on the staff, as indicated.

Arel touches a Symbol on the Enigma to the tip of Sylandra's staff, as it begins to
glow with a soft, dusky hue.

Arel's face fills with a peculiar reverence as twilight-laced divine essence
wreaths the staff, twining about Daraius's and Sylandra's hands.

You say, "By the lawful authority of the Board of Directors and the power of Lord Elostian the
Enigma I announce you now as a wedding couple, Lord and Lady Shevat."

You formally wed Daraius to Sylandra.

Dull chiming noises echo in the distance at regular intervals, the sound of hammers on crystal.

Arel withdraws the Symbol and claps politely.

*clapping*

Lady Sylandra Shevat, the Starless Sky says, "And if we may add one more event to congratulate."

Lady Sylandra Shevat, the Starless Sky gestures for Irillia to come forward.

Irillia blinks.

A low, contented growl arises within Daraius's chest.

Wind Rider Irillia hesitantly steps forward, evidently taken by surprise.

Daraius nods his head at Sylandra, showing his acceptance.

You tilt your head and listen intently to Sylandra.

Sylandra flashes Irillia a joyous smile.

Ileein tilts his head and listens intently.

Provost Tulemrah Shevat, Tender of Breezes says, "This may become a Shevat wedding tradition."

Force Commander Ridley Skyplume, Strategian First Class says, "So, my soul ripped during the hands
thing, but I guess you're both married now."

Force Commander Ridley Skyplume, Strategian First Class says, "Congratulations."

Tulemrah grins mischievously at Ridley.

Ridley glances askance.

Lady Sylandra Shevat, the Starless Sky says to Irillia, "I know that long ago, I made a promise to
you, in a scenario different than now. Would you still give me the honour of being your mother? And
Daraius the honour of being your father in the eyes of the Fates?"

Joyously, Wind Rider Irillia says, "I would!"

*hugging and smiling*

Growling gently, Minister Daraius Shevat says, "It is my honor and pleasure to consider you my very
own pup."

Wind Rider Irillia smiles impishly and says to Daraius, "I will try to be a good pup, then, and
bring honour to your House and not make a mess on the carpets, either."

Minister Daraius Shevat's eyes brighten and his tail begins to wag enthusiastically.

You ask, "Are there any more announcements?"

You tilt your head curiously.

(House Shevat): Ileein says, "I... I'm pregnant!"

(House Shevat): Ileein says, "Shocking gasps from all present."

(House Shevat): You say, "Inappropriate."

Minister Daraius Shevat says, "Only that you are invited to join us for a reception above the Shevat
gallery. We have prepared some small gifts for you all."

(House Shevat): Tulemrah says, "Good heavens, Ileein."

You say, "The ceremonies are adjourned then. Let us all go forth to serve the Collective and enjoy
refreshments."

Professor Ileein Shevat, Execumatrix Magnificus smiles and says, "Capital."
Arel2011-01-27 05:47:29
Oops, this didn't make it into the event logs subform, if some helpful mod wants to move it there.
Daraius2011-01-27 05:52:15
I had about three sets of vows prepared for different combinations of attendees and political climates. Such a Daraius thing to do. ninja.gif
Lilia2011-01-27 05:55:48
I loved the whole thing, especially Sylandra being so accommodating of your not touching rule. Very sweet wub.gif Now I'm hungry from reading Orventa's food.
Daraius2011-01-27 06:00:10
One set of vows may have ended with a WORLD-SHATTERING CRITICAL KISS. We shall never know.
Llesvelt2011-01-27 06:04:13
I missed it?!

Oh well, middle of the night on a school day and all.

But, I missed it? Damn!
Arel2011-01-27 06:22:14
QUOTE (Daraius @ Jan 27 2011, 01:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
One set of vows may have ended with a WORLD-SHATTERING CRITICAL KISS. We shall never know.

That would have been hilarious. biggrin.gif
Sylandra2011-01-27 07:09:10
FUN FACTS.

1) Daraius insisted on scheduling this. I thought I'd be free this Wednesday. My friends decided otherwise, and when I ignored their texts, came to my dorm and kidnapped me. "We'll do our poetry homework," they said. "I promised someone I'd do him a favor today," I responded. "Internet?" "Er. Yes." "Bring your laptop, no problem." Next thing I know I'm in an all night diner and 8pm has turned into 1am.

2) When I snuck a moment while everyone was smoking to do silly RPG weddingz, my laptop decided to loldie. Right after the wedding/adoption. Actually, at the part where Arel is like congrats doods. That's when it died.

3) I totally did not prepare a vow. And didn't get to read half of Arel's Cririk speech when Helpful Friend came over and was like LET ME HELP WITH YOUR SONNET. And I'm like OHCRAP. -minimize RPG dorkiness- ("Are you playing your RPG where you help do crappy politics again?" "PFFFT no." "I keep telling you man, liquidate the Board of Directors, seize power.") Luckily by the time I came back all I had to do was be like yeah I'm cool with this go on. ninja.gif

In conclusion. This was hilariously timed. laugh.gif

EDIT: Fun tidbits.

Daraius tells you, "((Well... I don't want Daraius to look like a flake, but I don't want you to look like a total nut at a diner.))"

Daraius tells you, "((Or you can tell them, "It's okay, I'm not doing my virtual politics. Nothing to stress out about. I'm just marrying a furry, duh."))"
Unknown2011-01-27 17:42:13
crying.gif

I was so set on being there!! It's not fair! I HATE WINTER STORMS
Daraius2011-01-27 18:02:48
QUOTE (Phoebus @ Jan 27 2011, 12:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
crying.gif

I was so set on being there!! It's not fair! I HATE WINTER STORMS

Hey, my internet was dead until 11:30. I was sure I was going to miss it. Then I got in and found out Sylandra had been kidnapped. biggrin.gif

You can still get a commemorative cup if you come congratulate Daraius in person.

QUOTE (Sylandra @ Jan 27 2011, 02:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
3) I totally did not prepare a vow.

You're wasting that sonnet class. losewings.gif