Lessons from Master Quettle

by Daraius

Back to Event Scrolls.

Daraius2011-01-25 17:35:05
Three times doing this lotus quest and I'm still not sure if there's something else I should do with the flower, but this totally makes up for it. wub.gif

You say, "Tell me again of the Golden Lotus."
Master Quettle says, "Yes, yes, the Golden Lotus. Tosha, the Meditative discovered it high upon the mountaintops here. He entrusted a single bloom to the Monastery's care, and we have kept it safe for a long time."

Master Quettle ponders for a moment and says "Hrm..."
Master Quettle says, "If your quest for enlightenment beckons you, seeker, you can find the Lotus within the Monastery Tombs. You will learn the way down there if you meditate beside the Great Loboshi."

You say, "Master Quettle, can you tell me of Tosha the Meditative?"
Master Quettle says, "Tosha, the Meditative taught us many things, including to temper our minds so we would not enter bloodlust. It is said that our ferocity is what lead the Soulless to find the loboshigaru."

You say, "What do the Soulless have to do with the loboshigaru?"

Daraius's whiskers twitch abruptly.

Master Quettle says, "Mm?"

Master Quettle exclaims, "The Soulless had much to do with the loboshigaru!"

You tilt your head curiously.

"The loboshigaru were hunted by one of them," says Master Quettle, as he studies you from his meditation blanket. "We were a race of energy and power, which brought Their maws upon us."

Daraius flattens his ears against his head.

Master Quettle says, "We hunted in great packs, however, we were ferocious and wild. It is only with Tosha's teachings did we find inner calm."

Master Quettle nods his head slowly as a soft smile appears upon his features.

You ask, "That is what saved us from being hunted?"

Master Quettle says, "Indeed. We drew into ourselves, curbed our instincts. But it is more than mere 'calming down', I would say." Master Quettle pauses for a moment, as if trying to find the right words, "Tosha's teachings were a monastic practice - a mystical experience that cloaked us in some strange way."

You sit yourself down.

Master Quettle eyes you carefully as you sit and closes his eyes in meditation.

Sniffing carefully at a radiant pink and gold lotus, you say, "And as for this flower? Were the teachings insufficient for some to overcome their natural, ah... aggression?"

His eyes still closed, Master Quettle says, "Yes, it is so. I am not sure why, perhaps there is something deep and repressed within our inner selves."

Daraius rumbles softly with a low growl.

Master Quettle quickly adds, "The Lotus was found by Tosha and it possessed some unusual calming effects. But the true nature or origin of it is lost, unfortunately."

As you bring your nose closer to a radiant pink and gold lotus, you give it a delicate sniff and inhale its sweet pollen. As the glittering substance tickles your nose, you let out a sigh of relief as your body relaxes - you feel pacified and profoundly calm.

You nod your head in agreement.

"I believe I recall a story of Tosha once making a tea of just the tiniest piece of the Lotus' petal," says the old loboshigaru.

The silence of the monastery is broken by the singing of the crickets.

Daraius swivels his ears towards Master Quettle, listening with rapt attention.

Opening his eyes this time to focus on your expression, Master Quettle says, "Mmm, yes, it was one of His first followers - one of the first 'monks' of Tosha. He lost his mate..."

Daraius's tail wags slightly, sweeping the floor behind him.

Master Quettle says, "She was murdered, slain not by a Soulless, but something nonetheless evil - her own pack-brother. He went mad with rage."

Master Quettle says, "Tosha knew that the Soulless ones would find the source of such great hate, such great ferality. He distilled only the smallest piece of the Lotus for a brew and gave it to him."

"And like magic, it soothed his spirit - his heart and mind were more receptive." Master Quettle smiles softly again, showing his canine teeth this time. "And thus, the monk's path started once again - aiming for enlightenment."

You nod your head slowly in understanding.

Master Quettle wiggles his rear around, as if he is trying to wag a tail.

Daraius growls softly as he considers the story.

Master Quettle says to you, "Have you found yourself succumbing to rage, pup?"

Daraius becomes suddenly rigid and his fur bristles in agitation.

Master Quettle stares more fixedly at you, his brow creasing at your sudden agitation.

Dutifully brushing down his fur, you say, "No, not in a long, long time."

You say, "It is just troubling to me that we are so prone to it."

You say, "I attempt to live a life of sincerity, but I am at all times denying my nature."

Master Quettle emits a soft growl before murmuring, "Yes, such is our weight to bear."

Master Quettle closes his eyes and bows his head in meditation.

Quietly, you say, "Forgive me if I am interrupting your meditations. Thank you for speaking with me."

Turning the lotus over and over in his paws, you say, "It is a small comfort to know that this is attainable."

"I am glad to speak sometimes," Master Quettle offers with shut-eyes. "It is awfully quiet within the Monastery, save for a handful who beg off the monks."

You nod your head sagely.

You say, "There is a pilgrim who needs this more than I do. I will deliver it to him now."

Showing that he understands, Master Quettle nods his head slowly.

You stand up and stretch your arms out wide.

You bow respectfully to Master Quettle.
Master Quettle serenely clasps his hands and bows.

Master Quettle tells you, "Take care, pup."

You say, "May you be well, Master."
Odette2011-01-25 18:30:08
Oooooh, that's a nice scene! biggrin.gif
Ilyssa2011-01-25 18:30:31
I so totally want to do this quest now. o.o
And possibly some interesting RP. Thanks for posting this log! happy.gif
Unknown2011-01-25 22:00:26
Neat.
Unknown2011-01-25 22:19:55
I wish Quettle would talk to me sad.gif