Nexus influencer?

by Mezz

Back to Mechanic's Corner.

Mezz2011-01-22 18:42:34
Well...

I've been for a while trying to figure out how to build a system of auto influencing for Nexus... mainly reading old topics and comparing strategies people have been using. But, hmm... I wasn't successful in finding a way to do one by my own. I'm still struggling to undestand the process, as I am far away from kwowing how to code.

Please, is there anyone there that could help?

ps.: no, I'm not willing to use other client. Nexus has received a good bunch of improvements and I like it more and more.
Eventru2011-01-22 21:15:11
Please review the HELP TRIGGERS policy in-game.

As clarification has been asked by a third party - auto-influencers (ie something that will influence mobs while you make a cop of tea, whether it moves you from room to room or simply keeps influencing mobs in a stack, such as guards) are not allowed.

A system that adopts a different mindset is fine, but it cannot influence entire mobs for you while you pay little or no attention.

I've reopened the thread on the belief that you are looking for the acceptable kind of influencing system, not the unacceptable - and simply have used a misnomer.
Mezz2011-01-23 10:45:56
well... I'm not planning to have a robot that would be chasing everything in the basin, influencing for it's own.

sorry for the "auto" word. what I'm trying is a influence system...

I was planning to make like it is sad in this post, from 2008.

is such a influence system allowed?
Calixa2011-01-23 20:32:16
What I have is an alias to set the target (for example "monk"). Then I have buttons assigned to each type of influence (empower is F2, weaken is F3 ect.) and a killswitch (F1). Upon entering the room and hitting the "empower" button it will try the first kind of empower first, then the second and so forth. The system is stupid and will keep going forever. I have an audio alert that goes off when the whole room is influenced, then I hit the killswitch (since it tries a new kind every time balance is earned).

Hope that is legit enough, since influencing automatically picks the next available target in the room for you when there is one, only difference is less button mashing.
Unknown2011-02-05 03:08:10
My influencing system for nexus is simple...it influences on its own by only 1 target at a time. I have to start it and I have to select the targets and move so I can't leave the computer or the screen while it is going. I believe that is acceptable and if so I will share my coding with you.