My first NPC Roleplay. :D

by Odette

Back to Event Scrolls.

Odette2011-01-22 16:15:54
You reach out and touch the Shadow Glass.

The trees around creak and groan, leaning over crookedly as wind drags through their branches.

You say to the Shadow Glass, "I want to go home."

A faraway melody wafts past your ears, and before you blossoms the blessings of summer. Words interweave themselves into the song, but their meaning lies just beyond your forlorn grasp. As the keening beauty of the song fades to still silence, you know with a sudden certainty that, in time, all summers must pass.

Druken Inseira, Curator of Shadows, your mentor, has left Lusternia.

"Bah!" you retort disgustedly.
You whine, "Father."

---------- v13713 -----------
|
--
/ \\

\\ /
-----
| \\ | / |
----
/ | / | \\ | \\
--
/ / \\ | / \\ \\
----
| | |
-- --

----------- 0:0:0 -----------

l
Beside a stone ring.
Thick-trunked trees push upwards from the heavily wyrden soil at the centre of this epic forest of tangled branches and crooked, intertwining bushes. A ring of crimson-stained stones form a ghastly circle, and darkness churns within its boundaries, never seeping over the edge, yet continually churning with a subtly malevolent presence. Small weeds and miniscule, stunted plants drag their starved, wyrden limbs through the soil, their tips stained to a deep purple. A bitter, chillingly reserved silence holds prominence in this central intersection, and the plantlife leans in overhead as if leering down on the ground beneath its gaze. A crudely crafted shrine of harsh black crystal stands here, thrumming powerfully. Lingering in a continual darkness, Ikrae, the Shadow Priestess floats here. A hemlock sapling clings tenaciously to the ground here. Floating eerily within the darkness rises the Shadow Glass, its reflective surface glistening with a stygian shade. An unnatural gloom surrounds a Daughter of Darkness, filling the air with an oppressive silence.
You see exits leading north, northeast, east, southeast, south, southwest, west, and northwest.

ih
"shrine93050" a war shrine of Nocht
"ikrae96479" Ikrae, the Shadow Priestess
"sapling19187" a hemlock sapling
"mirror98408" the Shadow Glass
"daughter46355" a Daughter of Darkness
Number of objects: 5

You ask Ikrae, the Shadow Priestess, "May I ask how I leave this place?"

Ikrae, the Shadow Priestess says, "You need only touch the Shadow Glass, if you bear the mark of Mother's favour."

Ikrae, the Shadow Priestess ponders you thoughtfully, looking you up and down.

Ikrae, the Shadow Priestess says, "What a shame. it would appear you do not."

You murmur softly to yourself.

You ask Ikrae, the Shadow Priestess, "There is no other way?"

With a faint smile, Ikrae, the Shadow Priestess says, "There are ways and there are ways, but perhaps the most reliable will be to ask for assistance."

Slyly, Ikrae, the Shadow Priestess says, "Or beg for it."

Suspiciously, you say, "My voice can not be heard from this place."

Using her tongue and the roof of her mouth, Ikrae, the Shadow Priestess makes a quiet clicking noise.

Ikrae, the Shadow Priestess says, "Pitiful."

You ask Ikrae, the Shadow Priestess, "Surely one so powerful and great as you could cast me off with a single thought, yes?"

You flash Ikrae, the Shadow Priestess a joyous smile.

Ikrae, the Shadow Priestess tilts her head backwards, looking up through the dark boughs.

Ikrae, the Shadow Priestess says, "Well, then, let us try another. You will pray to Mother Night, asking for earnest deliverance, and I will ensure that your voice is heard."

You ponder the situation.

Purplish leaves blow along in a chill wind, tearing as they catch on the gnarled fingers of upturned roots.

Reverently, you whisper, "Hail Night, Mother of Darkness; attend to myself in this, my hour of need. I pray for Your deliverance so that I might continue to praise your name with all that I do, in study, action, and thought."

A pall of shadow descends upon the surroundings, swirling about your feet.

Midnight shadows coalesce around a new day, and Mother Night embraces the land in utter darkness.

Cannily, Ikrae, the Shadow Priestess says, "Again."

The trees around creak and groan, leaning over crookedly as wind drags through their branches.

Reverently, you whisper, "Hail Night, Mother of Darkness; attend to myself in this, my hour of need. I beg Your grace and beauty to deliver me home so that I might continue to worship you for all that You are."
Odette2011-01-22 16:18:06
And then I was sent to the Master Ravenwood. Short, but sweet, and it was enough to make me love the Shadowdancers even more. <3
Diamondais2011-01-22 16:26:01
Aw, that's quite nice actually!
Druken2011-01-22 16:26:57
Very nice! smile.gif Ikrae's great.
Odette2011-01-22 16:28:14
QUOTE (Druken @ Jan 22 2011, 11:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Very nice! smile.gif Ikrae's great.

I kept trying and trying to send you a tell without realizing where I was. Child Abandonment! ♥
Druken2011-01-22 16:31:36
Hehe. Oops. My b.
Everiine2011-01-22 16:35:28
These are the kinds of interactions that make the game great! Any time a denizen comes alive, it adds so much depth. Glad you had a good experience!
Odette2011-01-22 16:40:09
QUOTE (Everiine @ Jan 22 2011, 11:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
These are the kinds of interactions that make the game great! Any time a denizen comes alive, it adds so much depth. Glad you had a good experience!

Thank you very, very much! It was a good experience. :3