Looking for some solid advice - Here's a log.

by Rivius

Back to Combat Logs.

Rivius2011-01-22 06:21:17
Heya,
Well, I've been trying the combat thing in this game for a couple months now, and slowly but surely, I'm learning something new every time I play.

I suppose I can say I've slowly been getting better, but lately I feel as if I've plateaued quite a bit and feel like my fighting is stuck in a rut. In most cases, I feel like an easily shrugged off joke whenever I'm fighting.

So, I play a blademaster loboshigaru, level 83. I know I don't have demigod, but I feel as if this really isn't any excuse for my sucking. Currently have level 2 wounding runes on both my rapiers.

I'm constantly trying new strategies, but I still haven't found anything that really works for me and that I can depend on.

Usually the general vague plan I have in mind is to slowly build up to leg tendon, and keep sneaking toward a behead. The problem is, it's far too slow and impractical, atleast the way I try it, since people catch up with me and prevent me from getting there with parry/stance etc. I've tried bleed whoring people, but unless they're squishy, I tend to pinleg and rend for an eternity and never actually kill them (and one which point, they can stand and undo the work)

I know it's really difficult to give advice to a warrior on how to fight since it's a pretty situational thing, but I'm sure there have to be some tricks I'm missing.

Kolm for example (though a demigod, his wounding is actually not that much more than mine. I can retrieve numbers) is able to build wounds terrificly against people. I've tried reviewing logs of fights against him, and I just can't -get- what it is he does.

I'm going to put here a long log of a wargames I played. It was pretty rough, and technically, it's like I lost twice (if you read it you'll understand).

So, I'm really just looking for anything. I just refuse to believe that the sole reason I fail to kill people around my level and might is because I'm not "maxed out". Unfortunately, I'm not clever enough to come up with my own unique ingenious strategies, so....here ya go!

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/16429247/wg_jan_22_1.html

(oh if it doesn't work the first time, keep refreshing. They seem to be having server problems)
Ilyssa2011-01-22 13:50:34
Edit: Disregard, as my computer was broken not his link.