Distortion

by Dysolis

Back to Survival Guide.

Dysolis2011-01-10 00:07:50
I will get straight to the point. Using a cubix isn't all about raiding, I use it for hunting too. This message here has to go however,an artifact that costs 2000 credits shouldn't come with restrictions. The point is that the cubix is used to go to and from places and if I can only go to the "from" and not to the "to" then that basically makes me want to trade in the cubix for something a little bit more useful. I could use a cameo of the changeling and get a crap load more benefit out of that for 1000 credits. If you don't want people to be able to enter a certain plane then you should remove exits on the cubix instead of inserting a distort field that disables the whole cubix and oh reduce the price if you do remove the exits.

Your action disrupts your concentration and you cease reaching out to touch a transplanar cubix.
You begin to reach towards a transplanar cubix but the distortion field interferes with its.
transplanar vibrations and your hand slows to a crawl as you try to touch it. You realize that you
must focus all your energy and attention to reach through the distortion field to touch a
transplanar cubix.
Rika2011-01-10 00:10:24
Oh no, you can't kick and run as easily now.
Razenth2011-01-10 00:12:59
They burned 500 power to put it up, so what.
Rivius2011-01-10 00:13:28
Is this a recent change or has it always been like this? The help file makes it sound as if you can't use these sort of things at all in distortion, but if it's delayed, well that's bloody well good. I think the problem is that you can get in with relative ease but not out, if I'm understanding correctly? It's still a hell of a lot better than not being able to do anything at all.
Razenth2011-01-10 00:14:21
It's not very recent, it's been in place from the fallout of Hai'Gloh/Xion. And correction, they might not have spent power on it at all considering they might have the Pearl up. Regardless, it's fine the way it is.
Rika2011-01-10 00:14:24
QUOTE (Razenth @ Jan 10 2011, 01:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They burned 500 power to put it up, so what.

Construct = free discretionaries.

Anisu2011-01-10 00:15:45
I am a cubix owner and approve of the cubix delay in distort.

I however would like more exits because I am greedy.

edit: to clarify I want a cubix exit to the grey moors, the eastern mountains (preferbly near hallifax which makes sense since all other cities have a cubix exit in their back yard) and maybe that ruins place east of Serenwilde
Razenth2011-01-10 00:17:23
I noted that Rika. You should read posts better tongue.gif
Ssaliss2011-01-10 00:19:12
If you're only using it for hunting, then what does it matter if you have to wait a little (depending on how long the wait is)?
Mirami2011-01-10 00:19:48
QUOTE (rika @ Jan 9 2011, 04:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Construct = free discretionaries Distort/LiveForest/Ripple up all the time (especially if the defenders are tired of kick-and-run raids).

Translated for easier understanding-- If somebody raids an outer plane of Glomdoring/Serenwilde/Celest/Mag/Hallifax, assume these powers were up before they set foot on the plane.

Rika2011-01-10 00:20:01
QUOTE (Ssaliss @ Jan 10 2011, 01:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you're only using it for hunting, then what does it matter if you have to wait a little (depending on how long the wait is)?

Better question. If you're only using it for hunting, then why would distort affect you?
Ssaliss2011-01-10 00:21:10
QUOTE (rika @ Jan 10 2011, 01:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Better question. If you're only using it for hunting, then why would distort affect you?

Does Distort only affect enemies? Otherwise there are the cases where non-enemies hunt places that might've been recently raided.
Razenth2011-01-10 00:21:23
You jump onto an enemied Elemental plane for essence.
Rika2011-01-10 00:22:04
QUOTE (Ssaliss @ Jan 10 2011, 01:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Does Distort only affect enemies? Otherwise there are the cases where non-enemies hunt places that might've been recently raided.

Yes, only enemies.
Dysolis2011-01-10 00:42:49
I was hunting and then was branded an enemy for hunting thus ceasing my hunting.
Neos2011-01-10 00:43:10
Full clarification: Non-Enemy, of a hostile org comes onto org plane. Asked to leave, disregards and continues taking essence, then goes onto other plane and attacks org mobs, gets enemied.
Dysolis2011-01-10 00:53:28
For the record I wasn't asked to leave on my account. Also for the record start another thread about that because this thread is for Cubix and distortion.
Neos2011-01-10 01:02:13
QUOTE (Dysolis @ Jan 9 2011, 07:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was hunting and then was branded an enemy for hunting thus ceasing my hunting.

I refer you to my post following this.
Saran2011-01-10 01:04:23
QUOTE (Dysolis @ Jan 10 2011, 11:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I will get straight to the point. Using a cubix isn't all about raiding, I use it for hunting too. This message here has to go however,an artifact that costs 2000 credits shouldn't come with restrictions. The point is that the cubix is used to go to and from places and if I can only go to the "from" and not to the "to" then that basically makes me want to trade in the cubix for something a little bit more useful. I could use a cameo of the changeling and get a crap load more benefit out of that for 1000 credits. If you don't want people to be able to enter a certain plane then you should remove exits on the cubix instead of inserting a distort field that disables the whole cubix and oh reduce the price if you do remove the exits.

Your action disrupts your concentration and you cease reaching out to touch a transplanar cubix.
You begin to reach towards a transplanar cubix but the distortion field interferes with its.
transplanar vibrations and your hand slows to a crawl as you try to touch it. You realize that you
must focus all your energy and attention to reach through the distortion field to touch a
transplanar cubix.

Meh, iirc wasn't cubix restricted because people were just using it for kick-and-runs and escaping.

Plus... lol, complaining about restrictions then bringing up cameos. sorry, but there are all these times when I go "damnit, being (race) isn't helpful right now but I'm stuck for another 23 hours"

QUOTE (Romertien @ Jan 10 2011, 11:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Translated for easier understanding-- If somebody raids an outer plane of Glomdoring/Serenwilde/Celest/Mag/Hallifax, assume these powers were up before they set foot on the plane.

Can't wait until these tbd's are replaced with actual powers. Cause priorities may shift if their worth is greater.
Everiine2011-01-10 01:08:17
A completely unrestricted cubix is so far beyond broken. I don't care how much you paid for it or how entitled you think you are since you have the money to throw around for it. With the distort, it works perfectly as a hunting tool and access to nearly the entire game world INSTANTLY. Without the distort restriction, it becomes the ultimate griefing tool for constant kick-n-run raids--which is why the restriction was put in effect in the first place.

It's a minor restriction that doesn't affect your regular hunting one bit. Don't overreact.