Hallifax's Vernal Ascension

by Unknown

Back to Event Scrolls.

Unknown2011-01-07 04:00:22
Lady Sylandra Skyplume, the Morning Gale says, "Are we all convened?"

Rodngar sucks thoughtfully on his teeth.

You give the world a smart salute.

You beam broadly.

Ileein nods his head emphatically.

Force Commander Ridley Skyplume, Strategian First Class says, "I imagine so."
cw
Citizen Rank Position CT
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wuylinfe Burgher City Aide On
Anvarus Freeman On
Aithera Commoner On
Sylandra Governor Board of Directors On
Phoebus Senator Board of Directors On
Vadania Freewoman On
Rodngar Commoner On
Luumin Commoner On
Aldani Commoner On
Prav Alderman City Minister On
Morbo Proletarian On
Alban Commoner On
Orventa Burghess On
Ileein Alderman City Minister On
Eldmos Commoner On
Tsianina Alderwoman On
Ilyssa Gentlewoman City Aide On
Ridley Alderman On
Tulemrah Burghess City Aide On
Casilu Alderwoman City Minister On
Currently, there are 20 Citizens on this Plane and 1 on other Planes.

(Hallifax): Sylandra says, "Anyone else on their way to the Matrix?"

(Hallifax): You say, "You really don't want to skip this."

(Hallifax): You say, "The suspense!"

(Board of Directors): Ileein says, "I believe we're prepared."

(Hallifax): Alban says, "I feel suspensed."

(Hallifax): Wuylinfe says, "Looks like 99% of us are here."

(Hallifax): Prav says, "Indeed."

Orventa hums a happy tune.

Ileein nods his head at Sylandra.

Nodding, Lady Sylandra Skyplume, the Morning Gale says, "Very well."

Tsianina gazes thoughtfully into empty space, eyes unfocused, the air around her warping and shimmering oddly.

Sylandra clears her throat.

You lower the hood on a set of silver-trimmed viridescent robes.

Casilu removes an unsettlingly cheerful clown mask.

Anvarus sits down.

Wuylinfe raises an eyebrow at Casilu.

Orventa lowers the hood on serene great robes of albescent dragon scales.

Lady Sylandra Skyplume, the Morning Gale says, "The Board of Directors of the Collective Territories of Hallifax do this day, the thirteenth of Juliary two hundred and eighty five years after the coming of Estarra, certify and resolve that the individual Prav Objevit, Castellan of Institute Security and Minister of Trade, is hereby granted sufficient access to the Matrix to induce the state known as Vernal Ascension, and in return is bound to use said state in order to achieve the maximum possible benefit for the Collective."

Lady Sylandra Skyplume, the Morning Gale says, "Further, representatives of the Centre for Aeromantic Studies and the Institutional Society of Hallifax for the Improvement of Temporal Knowledge are hereby directed to engage Matrix Ascension protocols for this purpose and no other. It is so resolved."

You whisper, "Centre for Aeromantic -Engineering-."

Casilu snickers softly to herself.

Rodngar nods his head emphatically.

(Aeromancers): Tulemrah says, "I don't know those protocols. Do you, Archmage."

Orventa claps her hands together merrily.

(Aeromancers): You say, "I'm utterly clueless."

(Board of Directors): Ileein says, "I move that the Archmage go stuff it."

(Aeromancers): You say, "Do I just kind of nudge him into the Matrix a little?"

(Aeromancers): You say, "Sylandra, help."

(Board of Directors): Casilu says, "I would like to second that motion, if I may."

(Aeromancers): Ridley says, "You could make a small show out of it with illusions."

(Aeromancers): Sylandra says, "Blame Ileein."

(Aeromancers): Sylandra says, "He wrote it."

(Casilu Solutions): You say, "ILEEIN."

(Casilu Solutions): You say, "What the hell do I do."

(Aeromancers): Ridley says, "Mutter something about code sigura pharx alpha, make it flash, shove Prav in."

(Aeromancers): Tulemrah says, "We really need to find those instruction manuals."

(Casilu Solutions): Ileein says, "You emote something, but not yet."

Professor Ileein Shevat, Execumatrix Magnificus steps forward and inclines his head politely.

(Aeromancers): Tulemrah says, "Just copy him, but add some wind in."

Professor Ileein Shevat, Execumatrix Magnificus says, "Thank you, Governor. Preparations are beginning to execute that directive."

(Aeromancers): You say, "Got it. Wind."

Sylandra nods her head at Ileein.

Professor Ileein Shevat, Execumatrix Magnificus says, "Before I do so, however, allow me to expound upon the situation, if I may?"

Lady Sylandra Skyplume, the Morning Gale says, "By all means, Magnificus."

(Aeromancers): You say, "The city will be none the wiser that we're all completely clueless and had no heads up that I should have -prepared- something -fancy-."

(Casilu Solutions): Rodngar says, "Groan."

(Casilu Solutions): Casilu says, "Watch as we all grow old and die."

(Casilu Solutions): Ileein says, "*drones*."

(Casilu Solutions): Sylandra says, "Haha."

Turning to face the assemblage, Professor Ileein Shevat, Execumatrix Magnificus says, "Some of you may have been present when other cities have raised Vernal Ascendants."

Professor Ileein Shevat, Execumatrix Magnificus says, "Most organizations, when considering candidates for Ascension, include such unquantifiable traits as 'purity' and 'honor' and whatnot."

Professor Ileein Shevat, Execumatrix Magnificus says, "Hallifax, however, does not resort to such tactics. When the Board considered the panel of candidates, it considered based on one thing: pragmatism."

Tulemrah smiles softly.

You give the world a thumbs up.

Professor Ileein Shevat, Execumatrix Magnificus says, "The question that faced the Board was this. Who, amongst those who have proven sufficient dedication to the Collective to be deemed eligible, would bring the largest possible benefit to the Collective?"

(Casilu Solutions): Rika says, "At least you guys didn't waste 2 mil power." <-- we will come back to this

Professor Ileein Shevat, Execumatrix Magnificus says, "It has been an exhaustive process, but the Board at last reached its conclusion based upon pragmatism. Castellan Objevit is both an accomplished scientist and a capable combatant."

Professor Ileein Shevat, Execumatrix Magnificus says, "Not for us the Talkans of the world. Let it be known that when Hallifax raises an Ascendant, Hallifax looks for -quality-."

Sylandra gives a trillingly melodic laugh.

Sylandra coughs softly.

Tulemrah nods her head sagely.

Prav blushes furiously.

Professor Ileein Shevat, Execumatrix Magnificus says, "Therefore, with this in mind, the Institutional Society is pleased to initiate Matrix Ascension protocols, at the request of the Board."

The body of Temporal Primus Arel Shevat, Voice of the Enigma appears in a flash and his soul descends to fill it, causing the previously expressionless face to fill with emotion.

You grin mischievously at Arel.

You whisper to Arel, "You're just in time."

Prav gives Arel a respectful salute.

Junior Fellow Rodngar Naresni says to Arel, "Wonderful timing, Primus."

Professor Ileein Shevat, Execumatrix Magnificus withdraws a ridiculously complex crystalline device from his satchel-- all whirling crystal conduits and blinking panels-- and places it against the Matrix's outer surface. He taps at one of the panels for a moment, causing a deep, vibrant hum to begin resonating around the nexus.

Arel tilts his head curiously.

Professor Ileein Shevat, Execumatrix Magnificus tilts his head and taps at the device once or twice more before nodding and stepping back.

Inclining her head, Lady Sylandra Skyplume, the Morning Gale says to you, "Archmage, would you like to initiate the Centre's protocols?"

You nod your head at Sylandra.

You say, "Certainly."

Phoebus steps forward with a cough, adjusting the collar of her robes anxiously.

Sylandra's eyes sparkle with amusement.

Entirely stonefaced, you say, "No one told me I should have prepared anything."

You say, "That said."

Phoebus places her hand within a hair's breadth of the Matrix's surface, a powerful wind surging into the room from all directions and engulfing the nexus of power within a stunningly intense tornado that seems to have a life of its own. She steps back with a nod, signaling the ok to proceed.

Nodding, Lady Sylandra Skyplume, the Morning Gale says, "Then we may proceed."

You say, "A lesson in pragmatism, from the Archmage."

Sylandra grins mischievously at you.

Arel takes a deep breath as the crystal surface of his face softens and shifts in colour, a muted glow appearing within.

Lady Sylandra Skyplume, the Morning Gale turns to Prav and regards him evenly.

Prav purses his lips pensively, gazing off into the distance as he carefully gathers his thoughts.

In an even tone, Lady Sylandra Skyplume, the Morning Gale says to Prav, "Prav Objevit. Do you so pledge yourself to service for the Collective, and are you prepared to take on the responsibilities associated with your Ascension?"

Dr. Prav Objevit, the Blade of Twilight says to Sylandra, "I do and am prepared to take on any and all responsibilities in service to the Collective."

Smiling faintly, Lady Sylandra Skyplume, the Morning Gale says, "Very well. Then with the full approval of the Board, I welcome you as the first Vernal Ascendant of Hallifax."

The Matrix darkens slightly as its core begins to dim, its velocity slowed.

You glance askance.

With a faint smile, Professor Ileein Shevat, Execumatrix Magnificus says, "The Board and the Assembly of Peers."

Lawliet peers about herself unscrupulously.

You say, "Was that it?"

Lawliet Letara, The Duality says, "It didn't take?"

You give a trillingly melodic laugh.

Prav peers about himself unscrupulously.
powerlog summary
-----------------------------------------------
Ilyssa 255 0 255
Tsianina 92 0 92
Sholain 23 0 23
Wuylinfe 10 0 10
Ridley 0 36 -36
Prav 10 78 -68
Sylandra 0 2000000 -2000000

Total Added: 390 power.
Total Taken: 2000114 power.
Total Net: -1999724 power.

(Casilu Solutions): Sylandra says, "You appear to have caused an untrapped error in the code. Please don't execute this command again right now."

Chancellor Casilu says, "The Matrix rejects him."

Prav slumps down dejectedly.

Lady Sylandra Skyplume, the Morning Gale says, "Apparently there is an error of sorts."

You stroke Prav's head in consolation.

Sylandra's eyes sparkle with amusement.

Ridley glances askance.

Lawliet peers at Prav unscrupulously.

Arel raises the Sceptre of Temporal Alteration overhead with a ceremonial flourish, concluding the guild rite.

Junior Fellow Rodngar Naresni says, "Recheck the protocols."

Sky Runner Alban L'Eternae says, "Looks like it must be Alban instead."

Temporal Primus Arel Shevat, Voice of the Enigma says, "Yay."

Luumin raises an eyebrow questioningly.

Chancellor Casilu says, "Clearly we should move to Ridley instead."

Professor Ileein Shevat, Execumatrix Magnificus says, "Hmm."

Force Commander Ridley Skyplume, Strategian First Class says to Prav, "You failed the test, huh."

Provost Tulemrah Shevat, Tender of Breezes says to Ileein, "Fiddle with your thing."

Lawliet Letara, The Duality sticks out her tongue and says, "No, the power was drained."

Dr. Prav Objevit, the Blade of Twilight says, "Obviously this is because Arel didn't do the pushing."

Professor Ileein Shevat, Execumatrix Magnificus says, "Perhaps we failed to remove -all- of the safeguards keeping the Castellan from being vaporized instantly."

Force Commander Ridley Skyplume, Strategian First Class says, "Yes. Something must be wrong with the science."

Junior Fellow Rodngar Naresni says, ".. Oh no."

Dr. Prav Objevit, the Blade of Twilight says, "I warned them, Primus."

Chancellor Casilu says to Tulemrah, "He really shouldn't do that in public."

Squire Akui, of the Armies of Light says, "Your bards and monks need to grant permission."

Akui nods her head emphatically.

You burst into a fit of giggles, ending with an abrupt and surprising snort.

Lady Sylandra Skyplume, the Morning Gale laughingly says, "Well then."

Force Commander Ridley Skyplume, Strategian First Class says, "Oh, right."

You clap your hands together merrily.

Temporal Primus Arel Shevat, Voice of the Enigma says, "See, I told you I should actually push him in."

Force Commander Ridley Skyplume, Strategian First Class says, "We're down two million power too."

You say, "I love it."

With a wistful look on his face, Prav touches the Matrix.

Ridley snickers softly to himself.

Junior Fellow Rodngar Naresni says to Akui, "Very funny."

Amanuensis Orventa Trueflight-Onz'Verheu, C.R.O. smiles impishly and says, "Maybe we could put him in a sphere?"

Sky Runner Alban L'Eternae says to Prav, "Do you not feel overwhelming amounts of power yet?"

You say, "'Sorry, we do not give refunds of power for errors.'"

Junior Fellow Eldmos, BTS says, "There there, Castellan. There is always next time to be disintegrated."

Chancellor Casilu says to Orventa, "He is not a cat."

Prav ponders the situation.

Tsianina ponders Prav thoughtfully, looking him up and down.

Dr. Prav Objevit, the Blade of Twilight says, "Most strange."

Amanuensis Orventa Trueflight-Onz'Verheu, C.R.O. says to Casilu, "Oh, I know."

Professor Ileein Shevat, Execumatrix Magnificus places the horrifyingly complicated device back onto the Matrix and begins altering protocols with a frown.

Lawliet Letara, The Duality says, "Whack it?"

Amanuensis Orventa Trueflight-Onz'Verheu, C.R.O. says to Casilu, "Perhaps Continuum would be more direct."

Professor Ileein Shevat, Execumatrix Magnificus says, "Percussive maintainence is a last resort."

With a wistful look on his face, Ileein touches the Matrix.

Lawliet's eyes sparkle with amusement.

Briskly, Lady Sylandra Skyplume, the Morning Gale says, "Well. This will eventually be handled, anyhow."

Lady Sylandra Skyplume, the Morning Gale says to Prav, "Don't cry just yet, Castellan."

Prav is ripped from your location by an unseen force.

Tsianina nods her head sagely at Sylandra.

Sylandra is ripped from your location by an unseen force.

Luumin peers about himself unscrupulously.

Alban gives a horrified gasp.

Amanuensis Orventa Trueflight-Onz'Verheu, C.R.O. lets out a startled "Meep!"

Professor Ileein Shevat, Execumatrix Magnificus says, "Because I'm fairly sure if I kick the Matrix there will be an e-- well, there you are."

Junior Fellow Rodngar Naresni says, ".. Uhm."

Casilu gives a trillingly melodic laugh.

You exclaim, "She's run off with the power!"

Sky Runner Alban L'Eternae searches for a place to hide.

Ilyssa's eyes sparkle with amusement.

The corners of your mouth turn up as you grin mischievously.

Professor Ileein Shevat, Execumatrix Magnificus says, "Congratulations, all, I have removed the safeguards preventing the Castellan -and- the Governor from being vaporized."

Chancellor Casilu says, "They're going to elope with their ill-gotten gains."

Junior Fellow Vadania Valtyros, Master of Temporal Science says, "I knew it was too good to be true."

Professor Ileein Shevat, Execumatrix Magnificus says, "We will be holding elections for both shortly."

Luumin rolls on the floor, laughing.

Ilyssa gives a trillingly melodic laugh.

You say, "This is the best ascension ever."

Lady Tsianina Skyplume, Dr. of Astro. Phil. says to Ileein, "Well done, Magnificus. I shall look forward to reading your report."

Lawliet nods her head in agreement.

Sky Runner Kohatil says, "I...am somehow gathering that this isn't 'normal'."

Junior Fellow Vadania Valtyros, Master of Temporal Science says to Kohatil, "It is for Hallifax."

You say to Kohatil, "Not in the least."

Wuylinfe chews on his lip, deep in thought.

Junior Fellow Rodngar Naresni says, "We should consider a different method, perhaps.."

Amanuensis Orventa Trueflight-Onz'Verheu, C.R.O. says, "A lottery?"

Professor Ileein Shevat, Execumatrix Magnificus says, "Nonsense, two million power is nothing in the quest for scientific dominance."

Chancellor Casilu says, "Klacktu varakta niktu."

Casilu peers about herself unscrupulously.

Chancellor Casilu says, "Hrm, didn't work."

Professor Ileein Shevat, Execumatrix Magnificus says, "And now to turn this strange new technique into a weapon. Chancellor, that's your field, isn't it?"

Junior Fellow Rodngar Naresni says to Ileein, "Of course. If nothing else, this has proven that it only costs one million power to utterly vaporize somebody."

Rodngar nods his head at Ileein.

Chancellor Casilu says, "Of course, now to try to ascend all of Gaudiguch."

Junior Fellow Rodngar Naresni says, "Terrific discovery, Magnificus."

Sky Runner Kohatil says to Ileein, "Really? i was under the impression that it was around roughly two million things."

Lawliet Letara, The Duality says, "I thought turning everything and everything into a weapon was my area?"

Lawliet Letara, The Duality says, "Everything and anything, rather."

You say, "It was two."

Provost Tulemrah Shevat, Tender of Breezes says, "It was two million."

Chancellor Casilu says to Lawliet, "I have milk hammers."

Prav suddenly appears, looking bewildered.

Sylandra suddenly appears, looking bewildered.

You say, "Two million."

"Heh heh heh" Prav chuckles.

Lady Tsianina Skyplume, Dr. of Astro. Phil. says to Kohatil, "But two subjects were vaporized."

Junior Fellow Rodngar Naresni says to you, "One million apiece, obviously."

Lady Sylandra Skyplume, the Morning Gale says, "We will be doing this in two months time."

"Awwwww!" you say.

Tulemrah peers at Prav unscrupulously.

Lawliet Letara, The Duality sticks out her tongue and says to Casilu, "I have mind exploders."

Lady Sylandra Skyplume, the Morning Gale says, "And there will be a refund at that point."

Lawliet gives Prav the once-over, eyeing him suspiciously.

You say, "Why the wait?"

Lady Sylandra Skyplume, the Morning Gale says, "Because right now, the Powers that Be cannot handle it."

Provost Tulemrah Shevat, Tender of Breezes says, "So... We broke it?"

Lady Tsianina Skyplume, Dr. of Astro. Phil. says, "Ah, a reweaving takes some time, I suppose."

Lawliet Letara, The Duality says, "Prav broke it."

Lady Sylandra Skyplume, the Morning Gale says, "For now. It will be fixed in two months."

Orventa strokes the Matrix's head in consolation.

Junior Fellow Luumin Shevat, M.TS says, "Are you surprised at that?"

Professor Ileein Shevat, Execumatrix Magnificus says, "I'll begin filing paperwork for a temporal readjustment."

You raise the Medallion of the Four Winds overhead with a ceremonial flourish, concluding your guild rite.
Your karma rises in response to your deeds.
Your spirits are uplifted by the rite, and you feel that you have learned something.

Junior Fellow Eldmos, BTS says to Prav, "So you broke not only the Matriz, but the Tapestry."

Force Commander Ridley Skyplume, Strategian First Class says, "Well, this is silly."

Squire Akui, of the Armies of Light says, "Just make it spin the other direction."

Akui nods her head emphatically.

You say, "There, that's your consolation prize, Aeromancers."

Prav utters a deep, rumbling laugh.

Ilyssa's eyes sparkle with amusement at Akui.

Professor Ileein Shevat, Execumatrix Magnificus says, "I wouldn't be surprised if I was finished by the time the Tapestry has been given a thorough going-over."

Junior Fellow Rodngar Naresni says to Ileein, "How precisely do we file paperwork to submit a grievance towards the Matrix?"

Rodngar gives Ileein the once-over, eyeing him suspiciously.

Professor Ileein Shevat, Execumatrix Magnificus says to Rodngar, "Very carefully."

Junior Fellow Rodngar Naresni says, "Obviously."

Lady Tsianina Skyplume, Dr. of Astro. Phil. says to Sylandra, "If it's to be in two months it should be near to the turning of a new year."

(Aeromancers): Alban says, "This must be what happens when we make up protocols."

(Aeromancers): Ridley says, "Nope. Science was wrong, nothing more to it."

(Aeromancers): Ridley says, "Institute's fault."

(Aeromancers): Alban (from the Aetherways) says, "Ah."

(Aeromancers): Alban (from the Aetherways) says, "Agreed."
Prav2011-01-07 04:03:37
My POV (only the different part):

Sylandra opens the powers of the Matrix to you.
You step towards the Matrix and place your hands on it, causing the mandalas within to suddenly turn and around and aroud, creating ever more complex fractals. Starting at your feet, lines of power rise up, wrapping around you and forming a brilliant helix that coalesces around your body and soul. With incredible visions of harmonic patterns playing across your inner eye, you suddenly stiffen as you are suffused by incredible powers and rise as a Vernal Ascendant!
Ileein2011-01-07 04:03:47
*dies laughing*

By the way, I was explaining on the Institute channel that my technobabble device was removing safeguards which normally prevent immense quantities of power from being drained into one person all at once so that they don't spontaneously combust. Looks like it didn't work. sad.gif

EDIT: So Prav got the message but nobody else did? I call shenanigans.
Unknown2011-01-07 04:05:15
We got super trolled by the game, Ileein. We better get to see the message from an outsider's POV when it's fixed. laugh.gif
Furien2011-01-07 04:06:07
Welp.

At least be sure to typo that while we wait. :X
Lorina2011-01-07 04:35:54
Oh noooooo
Daraius2011-01-07 04:39:58
Well. This will give Prav a chance to work on his description. Over the next few days he can enter a chrysalis state while all the Matrix's power courses through his body, and then emerge as a VA with, by golly, a real description.
Prav2011-01-07 04:41:11
QUOTE (Daraius @ Jan 6 2011, 11:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well. This will give Prav a chance to work on his description. Over the next few days he can enter a chrysalis state while all the Matrix's power courses through his body, and then emerge as a VA with a real description for heaven's sake.

I'm bad with descriptions, they are so permanent. sad.gif

I put it off cause I wasn't sure if I planned to stay Lucidian - still not sure - and then sort of just got used to being average and unremarkable.
Unknown2011-01-07 04:47:57
QUOTE (Prav @ Jan 6 2011, 11:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I put it off cause I wasn't sure if I planned to stay Lucidian - still not sure - and then sort of just got used to being average and unremarkable.

I'm going to write you a description where you're made of RAINBOWS. Everyone knows Hallifax's symbol of power is the rainbow. female.gif
Lilia2011-01-07 04:50:09
QUOTE (Prav @ Jan 6 2011, 10:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They're not permanent, silly! Some people change theirs all the time.
Daraius2011-01-07 04:52:24
ex prav

He is an effing Vernal Ascendent and has like mandalas and sh*t all over his body and floating around his head. You gaze into his eyes and your mind can't even comprehend the infinite regression of intricate fractals blossoming in his pupils. Your head explodes from witnessing his awesomeness.
Rodngar2011-01-07 05:09:16
QUOTE (Daraius @ Jan 6 2011, 11:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ex prav

He is an effing Vernal Ascendent and has like mandalas and sh*t all over his body and floating around his head. You gaze into his eyes and your mind can't even comprehend the infinite regression of intricate fractals blossoming in his pupils. Your head explodes from witnessing his awesomeness.

ship it.
Shiri2011-01-07 05:16:30
Reminds me of Xinemus' descs.
Ixion2011-01-07 05:24:20
Posting bugs (amusing though it was)
Shiri2011-01-07 05:56:02
I don't think abuse of this one will be particularly widespread.
Dynami2011-01-07 05:56:44
Professor Ileein Shevat, Execumatrix Magnificus says," Let it be known that when Hallifax raises an Ascendant, Hallifax looks for -quality-."

Below the belt nonono.gif
Sylandra2011-01-07 06:33:34
QUOTE (Dynami @ Jan 7 2011, 12:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Below the belt nonono.gif

Just watch Prav run off with the power just to spite Ileein.

Prav: "Yeah awesome thanks guys. By the way." Quit guild. Quit city. Pay fee. Move2Gaudiguch.

Ileein: ohmy.gif cry.gif angry.gif
Ileein2011-01-07 12:03:51
10. Posting bugs
Details of bugs may be posted onto the forums so long as:
- The information given does not enable other players to abuse them;
- Information is not given regarding quest spoilers or IC information;
- The post is not acting as a substitute for a bug report.

There's no quest spoilers here, a bug report was filed, and I absolutely intend to ensure everyone abuses this clearly abusable bug. (2 million power drained from EVERY NEXUS IN THE BASIN! AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!)