Passage of the Soul Closing Rite

by Siam

Back to Event Scrolls.

Siam2011-01-05 21:08:36
Do forgive the typos! It was 4:30-ish in the morning on my side of the world when we did this. I really wanted the SDs to do a rite after months and months of having no rituals performed, so I jumped on the opportunity. Big raves to Druken, Ssaliss, and of course, Emmeline and Briar!

You say, "Let's start with your tertiary skill."

You nod your head sagely.

Comprehension flashes across Briar's face.

Shadowbound Briar, Watcher of Shadows says, "Right, well I chose to be an astrologist."

You nod your head slowly in understanding.

You ask, "And why is that?"

Shadowbound Briar, Watcher of Shadows says, "Well first I looked at healing... and to be honest I can barely take care of myself as it is... I cant think of taking that kind of specialization."

You nod your head emphatically.

You ask, "How about Hexes?"

Shadowbound Briar, Watcher of Shadows says, "Hexes, I think involves the inmovable will to inflict direct harm on someone... a focus that I don't think I have."

Shadowbound Briar, Watcher of Shadows says, "Astrology though seems to be a magic that is alot like myself."

Albeit curious, you ask Briar, "How is it like you?"

Shadowbound Briar, Watcher of Shadows says, "I tend to wax and wane alot like the moon, I have good days... and there are days when things just seem to go wrong."

Shadowbound Briar, Watcher of Shadows says, "Same as the power of the planets... they grow and weaken in their strength."

Reassuringly, you say, "Well, when all seems to go wrong, it's actually a time for us to temper ourselves. There is no room for giving, not while we serve Mother Night."

Shadowbound Briar, Watcher of Shadows says, "This was enough to interest me to take a few lessons... and as far as I am... It seems to suit me."

Briar nods his head emphatically.

You ask Briar, "And how far up in Astrology are you?"

Shadowbound Briar, Watcher of Shadows says, "I understand the planet Aapek."

You say, "Ah, yes. Aapek."

Shadowbound Briar, Watcher of Shadows says, "And from what I understand... there is the power of the signs... soemthing I have no grasp of yet."

Shadowbound Briar, Watcher of Shadows says, "I am actually quite excited for them to be completely honest."

You say to Briar, "It is confusing at first."

You say to Briar, "But once harnessed, it will prove to be quite good."

You say, "I'm an astrologer myself."

You ask Briar, "Well, do you want to add anything?"

Shadowbound Briar, Watcher of Shadows says, "As far as astrology.. there is not much ... yet.. though in the future I think I may have some questions."

You say, "Always feel free to ask."

Briar nods his head at you.

You ask, "Well, are you ready to say your oath?"

(Shadowdancers): Briar says, "I plan on doing the best for Mother Night and the Commune. I am not overly strong or smart, but I hope my best deserving of your acceptance into the guild. For the Commune, Mother night, and the Shadowdancers I swear my allegiance."

You ask, "Let's do a small rite before doing it, shall we?"

Briar creases his brow in a frown.

You say, "Or the rite could come afterwords."

You wink knowingly.

You say, "Nothing to be sorry!"

(Shadowdancers): You say, "Very well, Coven. Shadowbound Briar has uttered his oath for the Passage of the Soul, what say you?"

You smile and say to Briar, "Prepare a short prayer to Mother Night - it need not be grand."

You say to Briar, "Anything honest works."

(Shadowdancers): You say, "Surely his oath will not be met with silence over our aethers, Coven?"

(Shadowdancers): Druken says, "What will you do to overcome your self-proclaimed handicaps, Shadowbound? The coven of Mother Night is not all-inclusive."

You tell Shadowbound Briar, Watcher of Shadows, "Go on, don't hesitate to answer the Curator."

(Shadowdancers): Briar says, "I can only learn and make these handicaps my strengths, other than that there is not much more I can do."

(Shadowdancers): Druken says, "Hmm. I appreciate your honesty, Shadowbound. It is a noble quality."

(Shadowdancers): Druken says, "I will offer my acceptance of his oath, Prince Siam."

(Shadowdancers): You say, "Thank you, Curator."

(Shadowdancers): You say, "What about you, Ssaliss and Emmeline?"

Shadowbound Briar, Watcher of Shadows says, "There silence is quite unnerving."

Briar coughs softly.

Shadowbound Briar, Watcher of Shadows says, "Their silence, rather."

You say to Briar, "Worry not."

(Shadowdancers): You say, "Hmm, I shall take your silence as an approval."

You say, "They are likely daydreaming."

Shadowbound Briar, Watcher of Shadows says, "Of shadowy bliss with Mother Night.... I'd imagine."

(Shadowdancers): You say, "Very well, in behalf of the High Coven, I, the Prince of Shadows, accept your oath, Briar. The Coven will hold you to your word, and the Dark Mother will ever have you under Her Gaze."

(Shadowdancers): Briar says, "Thank you, Prince Siam, I am Honored."

(Shadowdancers): Emmeline says, "Apologies if I missed anyone talking to me, I was deaf."

(Shadowdancers): You say, "Do not fail the Coven of Shadow, Briar. Even Gwynevere the First fell to the atrocities of the Moon, and the Traitor-Queen Nori, to her own arrogance."

(Shadowdancers): You say, "And you are forgiven, Emmeline."

(Shadowdancers): You say, "Shall we all gather for a small rite??"

(Shadowdancers): You say, "For those of you who are able, please come to austere study in the Halls."

(Shadowdancers): You say, "We shall conclued this Passage of the Soul with a small rite."

(Shadowdancers): You say, "Conclude, rather."

Emmeline arrives following Druken Inseira, Curator of Shadows.
Druken arrives from the west.

With a flourish of his arm, Druken bows deeply.

Emmeline performs a graceful curtsey.

You doff an alligator jaw crown cordially.

The smell of decay assaults your nostrils.

Druken lowers the hood on a midnight robe of thorns and webs.

You say, "It seems Ssaliss is dreaming."

You shrug helplessly.

You lower the hood on great robes depicting shimmering clouds.

Emmeline lowers the hood on silken gossamer robes of palest blue.

You say to Briar, "Please stand."

Briar gets up off an elegantly carved ravenwood armchair.

Emmeline ceases to wield a folded origami snake in her right hand.

You say, "Thank you for attending."

You say, "This rite is not from the books."

Ssaliss enters from the west, emanating an aura of immense power.
A grey, fit pony with a silky tail trundles in from the west.

You give Ssaliss a thumbs up.

You say, "And we are complete."

You doff an alligator jaw crown cordially to Ssaliss.

You say, "As I was saying, this rite is not from our bookss."

You say, "Books, rather."

You say, "But let this be an expression of Trust, and a profession of our Faith to the Dark Mother."

You say, "The Shadowbound shall open this rite with a prayer, after I perform a small rite of cleansing."

You say, "And each of us will follow with prayers of our own."

You say, "Emmelines will follow Briar, then Ssaliss, then I, and the Curator shall conclude the rite with his prayer."

You say, "He is more learned in the lore than I, and such, I shall give way."

The body of Penumbra Emmeline, Watcher of Shadows appears in a flash and her soul descends to fill it, causing the previously expressionless face to fill with emotion.

You smile and say to Emmeline, "And do excuse me for mispronouncing your name."

You put your hands on your hips and go "Hmmm!"

Emmeline shifts her eyes suspiciously from side to side.

Penumbra Emmeline, Watcher of Shadows whispers, "Sorry."

Briar's legs collapse under him as he suddenly passes out.

Being unconscious, Shadowbound Briar, Watcher of Shadows falls over.

Emmeline blinks.

Ssaliss ponders for a moment and says "Hrm..."

You say, "Oh dear."

Druken leaves to the west.

Briar regains consciousness with a start.

Briar stands up and stretches his arms out wide.

You say, "Someone needs to eat."

Briar doubles over in pain, clutching his stomach.

Shadowbound Briar, Watcher of Shadows says, "It seems I forgot to eat before hand."

Emmeline lays a hand on the forehead of Briar, who glows with a sparkling silver light. As Briar's wounds are healed, new wounds open up on Emmeline's body.

You say, "Anyone with a platter?"

Ssaliss n'Kylbar, Shepherd of the Devout says, "Not me, but I assume that's what Druken is getting."

You say, "Indeed."

Briar's legs collapse under him as he suddenly passes out.

Being unconscious, Shadowbound Briar, Watcher of Shadows falls over.

Briar regains consciousness with a start.

Druken arrives from the west.

Emmeline lays a hand on the forehead of Briar, who glows with a sparkling silver light.

Briar stands up and stretches his arms out wide.

Druken gives a platter of assorted cheeses to Shadowbound Briar, Watcher of Shadows.

Briar quickly devours a platter of assorted cheeses.

Druken gives a grilled, spice-encrusted salmon kabob to Shadowbound Briar, Watcher of Shadows.

Ssaliss's mouth turns up as his face breaks into a smile.

You tell Penumbra Emmeline, Watcher of Shadows, "Did you get the order?"

You give Druken a thumbs up.

Briar quickly devours a grilled, spice-encrusted salmon kabob.

You cough softly.

Emmeline tells you, "No, sorry."

Shadowbound Briar, Watcher of Shadows says, "How embarassing."

Druken Inseira, Curator of Shadows casually adjusts the hems of his robes around himself and tosses a free lock of hair over his shoulder.

Druken inclines his head politely to Briar.

You tell Penumbra Emmeline, Watcher of Shadows, "Briar goes first, then you, then Ssaliss, then me, then Druken."

Emmeline nods her head at you.

Shadowbound Briar, Watcher of Shadows says, "Thank you druken."

You ask, "Very well, are we all ready?"

You perk your ears up as an errant topic catches your interest.

Emmeline nods her head sagely.

With a slight raise of the eyebrows, you perk up your ears and turn your attention towards Ssaliss.

With a slight raise of the eyebrows, you perk up your ears and turn your attention towards Druken.

You say, "I assume we all are."

You say, "Very well."

You remove 1 salt, bringing the total in the rift to 862.

Gathering a handful of salt, you sprinkle it around the ground in a ritual zodiac circle, being careful to clearly mark each of the planets and constellations of the zodiac.

Dipping your hand into a shadow cauldron, you pull out a long shadow and release it into the air. The room darkens with the churning darkness.

You call out for your broom and it flies into your outstretched hand.

You begin to wield a wiccan broom in your right hand.

You clear your throat.

Arm outstretched, Druken calls out and a broom flies into his hand.

Druken ceases to wield a corvine shield of steel in his right hand.

Druken begins to wield a wiccan broom in his right hand.

Arm outstretched, Emmeline calls out and a broom flies into her hand.

Utterly entranced, Emmeline emits a long "Ooooh."

Arm outstretched, Briar calls out and a broom flies into his hand.

You have emoted: Siam begins a spiral dance, and in an eerie whirl of limbs, besom, and athame that mimic writhing shadows, he traces a circle of protection just beyond the zodiac circle.

In an alien voice, you say, "I, the Star-eyes, beseech the Dark Mother and in Her behalf declare this space sacred."

In an alien voice, you say, "Let Her shadows reign within its confines, in defiance of the Day; the Sun."

In an alien voice, you say, "In it, shall we shall pay Her due praise."

In an alien voice, you say, "May She swathe us in Her embrace - the Young and the Old."

In an alien voice, you say, "The Learned and the Learning."

In an alien voice, you say, "Let the rite start."

You have emoted: Siam traces a complex symbol with his athame, leaving a glittering ribbon of ebon light trailing behind it.

You nod your head at Briar.

Shadowbound Briar, Watcher of Shadows says, "Let Mother Night guide us, for without her we are little more vessels without her to lead us. We do what we can, despite our weaknesses, but do our best to make these weaknesses our greatest strengths, so that we may stand against those who stand against us."

In an alien voice, you say, "Dark Mother, Hear us."

You urge Emmeline onwards.

You have emoted: Siam traces a complex symbol with his athame, leaving a glittering ribbon of ebon light trailing behind it.

You ask, "It seems soul aeon has gripped Emmeline, Ssaliss, will you go in her stead?"

Ssaliss nods his head emphatically.

You say, "She will have her turn."

You say, "Very well."

Ssaliss n'Kylbar, Shepherd of the Devout says, "May Mother Night bring us all into Her fold of darkness, so that we can further Her ways unseen by our foes."

You say, "Shadowed Mother, of Cimmerian Grace, swathe us all in Your Embrace."

Shadows swirl around your arm as the Fingerblade of dha'Wyrden-cree digs itself more painfully into your finger.

The body of Penumbra Emmeline, Watcher of Shadows appears in a flash and her soul descends to fill it, causing the previously expressionless face to fill with emotion.

You nod your head at Emmeline.

You say to Emmeline, "You may utter your prayer."

Emmeline nods her head emphatically.

Penumbra Emmeline, Watcher of Shadows says, "May Mother Night guide us in our duties to the Coven and the Glomdoring, Her Shadows cloak our movements from our enemies, and let us thank Her for these blessings."

You say, "The Curator shall now draw the rite to a close."

You incline your head politely to Druken.

Druken Inseira, Curator of Shadows inclines his head as he strolls confidently into the center of the shadows, allowing them to swirl into and around his tiny form.

Emmeline tells you, "I'm really sorry for disappearing."

You tell Penumbra Emmeline, Watcher of Shadows, "It's okay, it's understandable."

Reverently, and with his arms calmly at his sides, Druken Inseira, Curator of Shadows says, "It is important to remember that this is a coven of people. Of witches who serve Her."

Druken Inseira, Curator of Shadows twirls his athame and his broom in unison, forcing the shadows to churn violently.

His voice growing steadily colder, Druken Inseira, Curator of Shadows says, "We are all the curators of this forest. We are the spiritual leaders."

With a glacial tone, Druken Inseira, Curator of Shadows says, "It is our duty, with Her blessing, to remember that always. In Her, we entrust our futures, and with Her guidance, we will see them bathed in Her beautiful darkness."

Druken dances in a circle, raising his arms to the heavens. Darkness whirls up around him and forms a solid black tower that arches overhead.

Druken Inseira, Curator of Shadows flaps his wings gracefully, rising into the center of the tower. Near the middle of the arching darkness, he stops and closes his eyes. "These gifts are ours to wield, and these secrets we'll employ freely, but what we are truly charged with," he says as he throws his athame to the earth, "is maintaining an order in the commune that She will be proud of."

Druken Inseira, Curator of Shadows allows himself to fall gracefully to the floor, his robes splayed naturally around his body in casual folds.

Icily, Druken Inseira, Curator of Shadows says, "May none of us possess the weakness to disappoint Her in this mission."

Druken Inseira, Curator of Shadows retrieves his athame and removes himself to the outer edges of the circle, the shadows still trailing after him.

Druken raises the hood on a midnight robe of thorns and webs.

Reverently, Druken Inseira, Curator of Shadows says, "In subterfuge and darkness, mercilessness and adaptation, we close this rite with steadfast presence. Nothing matters but the Glomdoring."

Reverently, Druken Inseira, Curator of Shadows says, "Glory be to Glomdoring."

Ssaliss n'Kylbar, Shepherd of the Devout says, "Glory be to Glomdoring."

In a whisper, you say, "So mote it be."

You exclaim, "Glory be to Glomdoring!"

Penumbra Emmeline, Watcher of Shadows says, "Glory be to Glomdoring."

Shadowbound Briar, Watcher of Shadows says, "Glory Be to the Glomdoring!"

You smile softly.

You say, "It has been a while."

Druken ceases to wield a wiccan broom in his right hand.

The shadows slowly start to dissipate.

Druken Inseira, Curator of Shadows lets his gaze fall upon Briar and Emmeline in turn.

guildfavour briar being a catalyst for a ritual gathering to honour Mother Night. Briar has completed the Passage of the Soul. Ssaliss and Emmeline deserve favours for participating in our Coven's ritual
You bestow your guildfavour on Briar.

Druken Inseira, Curator of Shadows says, "You are entering an ancient coven of principles and tradition. Remember that, always."

Shadowbound Briar, Watcher of Shadows says, "Yes, Curator Druken."

<>: You say, "I do believe we ought to give favours where favours are due - I have given my favour to Briar, Emmeline and Ssaliss also deserve one."

<>: Druken says, "Of course."

Druken Inseira, Curator of Shadows says, "Let us leave this space in silence, reflecting on what we can offer Her."

Druken Inseira, Curator of Shadows inclines his head in obeisance to the shadows before withdrawing.

Druken leaves to the west.

With a flourish of his arm, Ssaliss bows deeply.

Ssaliss leaves to the west, emanating an aura of immense power.
A grey, fit pony with a silky tail trundles off to the west.

edit:

I coloured the parts where people said things. smile.gif

edit2:

Also, I'm quite the happy SD. ninja.gif
Ssaliss2011-01-05 21:17:44
A shame it happened while I was busy running around like crazy, or I would've thought up a better prayer sad.gif Or heck, answered.
Siam2011-01-05 21:20:42
QUOTE (Ssaliss @ Jan 6 2011, 05:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A shame it happened while I was busy running around like crazy, or I would've thought up a better prayer sad.gif Or heck, answered.

It's okay. It was impromptu after all. wub.gif

I was glad you went after us!
Druken2011-01-05 21:39:05
Go go impromptu Shadowdancer fun! *shadowdance pompom*

cheer.gif bigcheer.gif cheer.gif
Unknown2011-01-06 09:12:55
Yay Shadowdancer rituals! cheer.gif
Rancoura2011-02-03 16:21:52
QUOTE (Druken @ Jan 5 2011, 04:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Go go impromptu Shadowdancer fun! *shadowdance pompom*

cheer.gif bigcheer.gif cheer.gif

How dare you taint the beautiful darkness that is the Night with your queerly-coloured celebratory articles.

Shame on you, Druken Inseira.
Diamondais2011-02-03 16:23:27
QUOTE (Rancoura. @ Feb 3 2011, 04:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How dare you taint the beautiful darkness that is the Night with your queerly-coloured celebratory articles.

Shame on you, Druken Inseira.

Shayle started it. ninja.gif
Druken2011-02-03 16:31:58
Those are distracting pompoms of elaborate beauty, used as a guise for our underlying darkness. They are, then, like stars in Her cloak.

/forumrp