Constructs

by Kiradawea

Back to The Polling Place.

Kiradawea2011-01-02 01:42:36
So with the release of aetherrings, I am curious. Rumours abound of plenty stuff, but curiousity compels me to ask the specifics. What do people think should be done with the aetherconstructs? Should we be allowed to keep one as has been done before? Should that be limited to the free immolation spire only? Or should there be no constructs on Nexii at all?

Basically, the poll says it all. Vote!
Rika2011-01-02 01:44:41
Why has this been brought up? Leave constructs as they are.
Malarious2011-01-02 07:48:37
The way I see it you pay a maintenance cost for whatever construct is in your nexus world while you do not for flares. Leave the one in the Nexus World, and let people pick it.

I do have concerns about constructs in general though:

* Free Ripple/Liveforest, these both cripple any attempt at raids of any kind and turn it into a brickwall if people actually defend. Routine stun or routine entangle, take your pick.

* The constructs can be rather... unbalancing in specific cases. For instance, Celest has an anytime allheale usable under many conditions with phial. They can also shield while mangled, tendoned, and and more with the same phial. We do not want the above, the goal is utility with a reason to build.

I wonder if raiding needs a topic now with how much this is messing with.
Neos2011-01-02 07:53:58
QUOTE (Malarious @ Jan 2 2011, 02:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The way I see it you pay a maintenance cost for whatever construct is in your nexus world while you do not for flares. Leave the one in the Nexus World, and let people pick it.

I do have concerns about constructs in general though:

* Free Ripple/Liveforest, these both cripple any attempt at raids of any kind and turn it into a brickwall if people actually defend. Routine stun or routine entangle, take your pick.

* The constructs can be rather... unbalancing in specific cases. For instance, Celest has an anytime allheale usable under many conditions with phial. They can also shield while mangled, tendoned, and and more with the same phial. We do not want the above, the goal is utility with a reason to build.

I wonder if raiding needs a topic now with how much this is messing with.

The phial has a balance of it's own, and requires one to be on balance. I don't tend to use the shield often, so don't know when it can and cannot be used. It allows powerless benedicitons, and the other effect only last 60 seconds, and can only be done once an IG day I believe.
Kiradawea2011-01-02 15:01:38
They changed the phial? It used to be equilibrium based 2 second balance all-heale, and 2 second shield. Incredibly powerful, but not far more than the other superconstructs.

Ileein2011-01-02 15:13:43
We're still waiting for our constructs, btw. sad.gif So I don't even know how OP or UP our superconstruct is.
Kiradawea2011-01-02 15:16:24
Looks like there's gonna be two superconstructs now. Still, six orgs and eight rings. I really hope we get to keep at least one construct on the Nexus. Otherwise it is gonna really suck to be on the underorg without aetherdominance.
Razenth2011-01-02 19:46:02
You should abuse your Celest phial. That fast shield is super sexy.
Furien2011-01-02 19:48:35
It's already been confirmed via envoys that you get a freebie construct on your nexus world.

It's prone to change in the future, of course, but it's there for now.