Need some RP advice

by Seraku

Back to Chronicles of the Basin.

Seraku2010-12-27 23:06:32
Hey, so yesterday playing Seraku I kind of ran into a brick wall of realization. I don't know what to do with Seraku RP-wise.
A brief history of him so that people can get a decent idea of my RP so far.
-Had horrible luck with relationships (5 of his mates suicided without even a word)
-Met Zasha which prevented him from snapping from the grief.
-Is a very family-oriented guy.
-Quite racist against Lucidians and to a lesser extent trill due to past experiences with both
-Very stubborn
-Loves Gaudiguch
-Ex-ninjakari
-Not formal at all

Now then, I don't consider myself to be a very good role-player, I have issues actually initiating in-depth RP with people and I feel as though i've kind of hit a wall. I find myself just sitting around with Seraku, not knowing what to do with him. Yeah Ill chat with people at the nexus, but I want to find another goal for him to work towards (no not demigod or anything cause I'm not a fan of hunting). Even though i'm in the illuminati which is a huge RP opportunity, I've no idea how to work with that.

So i'm asking for advice on what to actually do with Seraku, I love how he turned out in the long-run and I don't want to stop playing him because of this.
Estarra2010-12-27 23:23:53
Just sounds like you need a goal or goals. Striving for political appointment (or otherwise getting involved political intrigue). Expanding family (includes finagling children/grandchildren to marry and reproduce, maybe even matchmaking). Becoming rich (saving for a shop or just focusing on trade). Focusing on the downfall of enemies. Strengthening your God's order (recruiting, essence, etc.). Becoming a teacher (seeking out novices or the young). For RP that is just purely RP, you could try to become a comedian (cracking jokes), a crank (complain about odd things), a poet (self-explanatory), etc.

Whatever the case, if it does help to have a goal (or two or three) in the forefront of your mind to help concentrate your efforts. Don't be passive and hope goals will be provided by others or through events!

soapbox.gif
Seraku2010-12-27 23:44:15
Cool, much appreciated I may have an idea for a short-term goal for Seraku at least. As for politics, after seeing Gaudi political drama I believe i'll stay as far away from that as possible.
Everiine2010-12-28 22:17:46
QUOTE (Seraku @ Dec 27 2010, 06:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
-Had horrible luck with relationships (5 of his mates suicided without even a word)
-Met Zasha which prevented him from snapping from the grief.
-Is a very family-oriented guy.
-Quite racist against Lucidians and to a lesser extent trill due to past experiences with both
-Very stubborn
-Loves Gaudiguch

-Ex-ninjakari
-Not formal at all

I thought you said you weren't a good role-player tongue.gif . The items I have bolded in your post are EXCELLENT roleplay points, especially the family-oriented, racist, and stubborn ones. Keep these in mind when you encounter a situation and think, "What Would Seraku Do?" Then, react accordingly. You've done more work than you think you have when it comes to RP.

But yes, set yourself a goal of somekind. Not "get to Demigod", because one week in you'll feel like you're never going to get there and quit. Small goals! Become an Undersecretary/Protector/Secretary/Security. Something attainable that will help Seraku have focus.
Diamondais2010-12-28 22:21:24
Basically what Everiine and Estarra said, you have some really good points, just find what you like and take baby steps towards completing it. Big steps just lean to burn out.
Seraku2010-12-28 22:31:46
Well, currently he's already a Secretary/Prelate of the whispers path and I've no real intention of going into GA or any other guild leadership again. As for the current established RP, most of that was caused by stuff happening to him externally without any initiation on my part. The only thing I can really come up with that would make sense for em is making sure the new-age Dracnari actually know their heritage and history (So hopefully we can see less Dracnari with hair >_>).
Krackenor2010-12-29 01:00:24
I love the idea of you 'educating' new age Dracnari. I've tried to do the same thing with the Illithoid...I carry a dozen or so copies of the Book of Illith at any given time and mail them to Illithoids so that they know of Illith's words and thoughts. Also, Gaudiguch has such huge RP potential, and the Illuminati concept in particular is remarkably cool. You can expand on that and try and get other young Illuminati to follow suit!
Silvanos2010-12-29 02:32:52
Hair? They have hair? -faints- I made sure my dracnari had no hair. She is colourful, but hairless. And um, no, erm...mammaries that lizard people really should not have :/ .But roleplay? I have no idea...you seem pretty good to me, but I suck at roleplay, really.
Llesvelt2010-12-29 02:36:53
I think Dracnari are mammals?

I always thought so, at least.

But I usually made them without hair, yeah.
Casilu2010-12-29 03:14:00
Dracnari are boob lizards.

Also, you should host a talk show on the stage.
Everiine2010-12-29 04:28:19
QUOTE (Seraku @ Dec 28 2010, 05:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As for the current established RP, most of that was caused by stuff happening to him externally without any initiation on my part.

What's wrong with that? I am not the same person I was in college, who is not the same person I was in high school, who is not the same person I was in grade school. If we grow and change in RL, why should characters be any different? The external things that happened to Seraku have helped to define his character-- embrace them!
Unknown2010-12-29 06:03:15
Dracnari, like Dragons, are closely related to felines, and are neither mammalian nor reptilian. They are Draconic.
Seraku2010-12-29 06:45:36
Hair? They have hair? -faints- I made sure my dracnari had no hair. She is colourful, but hairless. And um, no, erm...mammaries that lizard people really should not have :/

Sadly I've seen quite a lot of them who have "Beautiful flowing hair" which kinda upsets me.

I think Dracnari are mammals?
I always thought so, at least.

Nah, they're reptilian or Draconic as Kial put it. The way I've always pictured Dracnari as cold-blooded draconic folk.

Dracnari are boob lizards.
Also, you should host a talk show on the stage.

Well the females may be, but i'm not complaining. As for the talk show, i'm not a huge fan of hosting solo stuff, last time I tried one I kinda screwed up parts of it and forgot others.
Trinit2010-12-29 20:49:36
I think you should write a book on dracnari heritage, and another on why Tzara-whatsit MUST have been dracnari, and not a filty stinking trill.
Diamondais2010-12-29 21:10:03
QUOTE (Trinit @ Dec 29 2010, 08:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think you should write a book on dracnari heritage, and another on why Tzara-whatsit MUST have been dracnari, and not a filty stinking trill.

Nobody ever said she was a Trill, the problem is between the Dracnari and Lucidian. tongue.gif
Seraku2010-12-29 21:43:56
QUOTE (Trinit @ Dec 29 2010, 03:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

As much as I would like to, I'm a terrible writer and have really bad grammar. Plus I tend to get writers block very easily.
Casilu2010-12-29 22:28:30
QUOTE (Seraku @ Dec 29 2010, 01:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As much as I would like to, I'm a terrible writer and have really bad grammar. Plus I tend to get writers block very easily.

Do the talk show, I'd even make an alt and be your adorable faeling sidekick.
Unknown2010-12-30 10:48:30
I've always liked the fact that you have 'Walking the Desert' as one of your Mentor interests. I've always imagined you as a mentor Dracnari bringing the 'modern' Gaudiguchian Dracnari in touch with their cultural roots.

And yes, being the Prelate of Whispers is an awesome opportunity! You can be the cheery friendly dude, but secretly, you're constantly keeping an eye and ear on everything around you.
Alternatively, go the Tzaraziko route. You've already got the anti-Lucidian bit, go a little further by drawing on this wonderful aspect!
Arcanis2011-01-05 02:50:09
QUOTE (Trinit @ Dec 30 2010, 12:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Honestly who in there right mind would fight that Tzaraziko was a Lucidian. All the points say the exact opposite!

1. She was known for crazy tactics and manuveurs and being chaotic in nature, screams dracnari right there
2. She was what made the Seal of Chaos, pointing to back to Gaudiguch cultures there tongue.gif
3. The woman was always draped in a cloak. What or Whom do we know that always choose to conceal themselves from other's eyes "points to Illuminati" (and remember Illuminati have been around since gods know when)
4. The name says it all, have you ever heard of a lucidian with a freakish name like that, I think not!

Anyway Seraku I knew you awhile back, I admit, you went a bit distant from the Gaudiguch hubbu and fun but with Gaudiguch it is really easy to get back in. Try helping out in the city or even the combat clan or heck shooting for being a pro in village poilitcs and influencing and you will be swarmed with RP (and most likely intoxicated by the drinks) in no time. With me RP is pretty much alot of what I shoot for. I like that your really concerned with how your race RP is, that is a big factor for me also, is why it takes me forever to make decessions of race and such! Because I make sure to play the part seriously and so see if I want to commit to it.

So what I say is just relax and dont over think it, just let it all flow into place by just a little effort from you
Casilu2011-01-05 03:21:23
You're forgetting one point, Arcanis. The one that argues against everything you said about Tzaraziko.