Capturing GMCP Char.Vitals

by Jules

Back to Mechanic's Corner.

Jules2010-12-02 01:34:21
Howdy, all!

I posted something similar up onto the Mudlet forums (found here), but I'm curious how the rest of you guys are doing this.

I'm redoing my Autosipper with GMCP instead of ATCP. I knew how to capture the information found in ATCP's Char.Vitals table, however I do not know how to do so using GMCP in Mudlet.

I can display said information, however, using Mudlet's display(gmcp.Char.Vitals.string) function... And it's all right there, just torturing me with untapped power!

Any advice?
Vadi2010-12-02 01:48:23
It's also as a key-value in gmcp.Char.Vitals.
Jules2010-12-03 07:07:28
One more question, completely unrelated since I figured out how to capture the information from Char.Vitals.

Looking at gmcp-doc, I noticed that I can look through the skills that I have by sending gmcp.Skills.Groups. Now, if I want to see the particular abilities I have within that skill, I'd have to send gmcp.Skills.List.list. However, Skills.List.list is populated by the abilities of the last skill I AB'd. So, if I did AB COMBAT, that table would be populated by all the abilities in Combat. Is there a way to populate this table with different abilities from different skills WITHOUT having to call AB ?