Mush client help!

by Unknown

Back to Mechanic's Corner.

Unknown2010-12-01 22:15:31
I use my keypad for strikes for some reason, ONLY when I use jra for strike @tar rarm and I keep getting this error in mush client. Every other keypad works just when I add jra into the ones I tested it gives me this message, and not all time time just sometimes!

*Invalid direction 'o' in speedwalk, must be N,S,E,W,U,D or (something) then I get Could not decompress text from MUD: -5 and get disconnected from the game, anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?
Unknown2010-12-01 22:40:34
1. Make aliases for your attacks.
2. Use those aliases in the Keypad configuration dialog.
3. For anything besides Keypad or Ctrl+Keypad, use the Accelerator script function to set the macro.

I have no idea why the speedwalk or compression would be involved with keypad macros, so it might be a false assumption as to what's really causing your problems.
Unknown2010-12-01 22:45:52
1. Make aliases for your attacks.

jra is my aliases for strike @tar rarm

2. Use those aliases in the Keypad configuration dialog.

jra is 6 on my keypad config

3. For anything besides Keypad or Ctrl+Keypad, use the Accelerator script function to set the macro.

I am not sure what this is can you help me?

I have no idea why the speedwalk or compression would be involved with keypad macros, so it might be a false assumption as to what\\'s really causing your problems.
Unknown2010-12-01 22:57:56
also it only seems I get the error when the strike hits! This is so weird should I reinstall mush?
Unknown2010-12-02 03:38:26
If you're not sure about the Accelerator function or scripting for MUSHclient, you'll need to read up on the documentation for that. It's more than I'm prepared to explain.

Are you sure you have a "tar" variable set in MUSHclient? I've known some people to get Lusternia aliases and variables confused with their client's aliases and variables.

Do you have the 'expand variables' property on for your aliases?

Reinstalling MUSHclient couldn't hurt, either, I suppose. If nothing else works, I suggest you post about this to the MUSHclient forums with all the details and see what Nick thinks.