Deepwound curing

by Lilia

Back to Mechanic's Corner.

Lilia2010-12-01 03:33:42
Could anyone give me some tips on what sort of logic to use with deepwound curing so it doesn't interfere with my autosipper? I've got the triggers to capture wound statuses, but I'm not sure what to do with it. I use mudlet, if that helps. Right now I've got a percentage I want to sip at, which I can change at will for each stat. I assume I'll need to add in another priority, but what do I do with it?

This is what I've got so far, so any help would be appreciated:

if matches == "critical" then
???
profit
end
Unknown2010-12-01 12:19:53
Firstly, you should be capturing all warrior/monk attacks to add to your deep wounds, and it looks like you're relying on actually checking your wounds periodically.

Secondly, you'll want an afflictions queue to remember all your afflictions received and cured. Then, on each prompt, you will run your curing logic to take care of them in priority order. For things like deep wounds, you track them somewhat separately from the real afflictions and then use what I call meta-afflictions to insert them into your priority list. Your health potion priority queue needs to account for sipping and applying health, sipping mana, and sipping bromides, since they're all on the same balance.
Lilia2010-12-01 21:57:01
Well, this is just meant to be something to tide me over until I can afford a real system. I can't do what you're suggesting, with an affliction queue, because I let firstaid handle that. I guess I'll add in another health sipping priority, below the one I have now, and only apply health if it's above that one.
Unknown2010-12-01 22:00:29
"Real" systems aren't that expensive, and there was a free one available until a couple weeks ago. But, anyway...

You'll want to have a tiered system, like "slightly hurt," "fairly hurt," and "badly hurt," to mix in with the different levels of wounds you'll receive. When your health is very low, why waste the potion on healing a wounded body part? But, when your health is only a little down and you have your head at critical, obviously that comes first.