Sea Wolves

by Sakr

Back to Creative Arts.

Sakr2010-11-24 23:54:11
'This is what you wanted, isn't it?'

He looked away at that moment, stared out towards the inner sea. Fear and repulsion shadowed his eyes,
and he shook his head vigorously. He looked back at me and dropped his gaze, a soft 'no' coming out of
his lips. I stood back and gazed at him, sword tilting down to the ground. He was a young boy, the years
have barely begun to take a toll on him. Yet the mistakes he has done so far speak more than just a simple
yes or no. In those mistakes echoes another past, where I saw myself in his place.

He shook his head and tightened his grip around his sword. 'No,' he began to say before stopping himself.
He took a deeper breath and looked at me again. 'No, I want more...' I lifted up the sword to his chin, pushing
the face of blade deeper into the skin. Blood dripped down yet he didn't cry out. Strong kid, yet the strength
will ebb out of him like the tides. That strength will change slowly, and become replaced by wisdom.

'You didn't have to do that. You didn't have to kill them. You could have done so much more, perhaps been
so much more.'

He turned away from me and took a few steps back. His choices, for good or bad, will not be wasted if he
regrets. Gods, I hope he doesn't regret anything he has done in the past. The wind carries howls on its'
tendrils, this boy's actions...

He looked back and smiled softly towards me. Took a few more steps and walked into the sea, to rejoin
his brethren - the sea wolves.