What could I have done in this situation

by Rivius

Back to Combat Logs.

Rivius2010-11-20 19:15:39
As usual, I get my face mopped on the floor. Nothing new there tongue.gif. Trying to analyze logs and see what I could have done here or what my system could have done here to help me.

I'm very unseasoned, and I know I suck and all that, I just want to get better. I'm at the moment completely confused on what the hell happened. sad.gif

Attached is the log. It's from the very beginning of the encounter until the end.
Furien2010-11-20 19:38:57
Open with raze.

Keep up the rebounding defense yourself to slow him down.

When you see this:

DIAGNOSE instead of mashing into severspine paralysis. Someone's Treant doesn't track all the afflictions, so you have to diagnose to make it realize you may have a method for leaving the lock that it didn't think of previously. I don't know how sold you are on Treant/MUSH in general, but at this point the only reason I'm not using Mudlet and m&m on Alianna is both because of cost and I'd need to figure out how to port Overgrowth. :X

If you don't have a cleanse enchantment, buy one, rub it to cure the slickness and immediately cure slit throat.

On the other hand this guy's strategy seems fairly predictable. If you see this:

Tarken slashes your gut with such force that the blades warble, creating an
earsplitting screech that whistles through the air.

You might want to highlight/echo to alert yourself that he's deliberately building momentum, meaning he'll probably try for a dumb monk lock in the next 1-3 combos. Your best bet here against Nekotai is to stance chest to stop severspine kick and parry head to stop slit throat.
Unknown2010-11-20 21:53:30
If you don't have Green or Full, I highly recommend getting one, especially for use in fighting monks who can take you from zero afflictions to a softlock in one combo.

You can knock a free system all you like, but at least you can't complain about the cost... or that the source isn't fully included so you can fix it yourself.
Rivius2010-11-20 23:45:51
I'm not knocking the system, Iasmos. I just want to know if I could have done something or if it was the system not picking certain things up. No system is perfect, and at no point did I go about knocking it. Infact, the point of this thread was for me to get some feedback and see where I could improve things. I'm happy with my copy of treant, and don't see myself switching until it gets to the point where its not worth using anymore.

Now back to the issue at hand:

sip mantakaya
rub cleanse
You take a drink from a moonstone vial.
A prickly stinging overcomes your body, fading away into numbness.
focus body
5170h, 3381m, 3855e, 10p, 20940en, 13830w elrxp-

You are paralysed and cannot do that.
5170h, 3381m, 3855e, 10p, 20940en, 13830w elrxp-

You begin focusing your mind on your motor skills.
5170h, 3131m, 3855e, 10p, 20940en, 13755w elrxp-

Your muscles unlock; you are no longer paralysed.
5170h, 3131m, 3855e, 10p, 20940en, 13755w elrx-

Can't cleanse during paralysis. So was that a FULL LOCK instead of a LEVEL 2 LOCK? It's looking like it, unless I'm missing something. In that case, I'll just make a little modification in what's output.

Also, did put up rebounding.

I should have razed though but in that case, the rebounding popped up the exact second I hit. Still, should have razed first though.
Unknown2010-11-20 23:53:12
QUOTE (Furien @ Nov 20 2010, 08:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Someone's Treant doesn't track all the afflictions, so you have to diagnose to make it realize you may have a method for leaving the lock that it didn't think of previously. I don't know how sold you are on Treant/MUSH in general, but at this point the only reason I'm not using Mudlet and m&m on Alianna is both because of cost and I'd need to figure out how to port Overgrowth. :X

Pretty sure he was responding to this, as opposed to your original post.
Unknown2010-11-21 00:10:37
Correct. My browser screws up every time I try to do a full reply and quote someone.

What Treant is reporting as a Level 2 lock should probably be shown as a Full lock, so it's a matter of fixing up that prompt:alerts() function to say the right things at the right time.
Rivius2010-11-21 00:17:34
QUOTE (Zarquan @ Nov 20 2010, 08:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Correct. My browser screws up every time I try to do a full reply and quote someone.

What Treant is reporting as a Level 2 lock should probably be shown as a Full lock, so it's a matter of fixing up that prompt:alerts() function to say the right things at the right time.

Sorry for the mistake then. I'm a bit hasty tonight.

I guess I'll change the conditions for a full lock to include severed spine if it indeed seems as if I really couldn't get out of it.

As it looks I had

-Slickness
-Slitthroat
-Severed Spine

I never came across severed spine before so I guess this is a new type of green lock for me? Frightening how quickly he put it up though :|

I'll take your suggestion, Alianna, and echo that line so I can run the hell out of there tongue.gif
Unknown2010-11-21 00:22:23
QUOTE (Rivius @ Nov 21 2010, 12:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Frightening how quickly he put it up though :|

It's called being monked. Pretty much the standard.
Neos2010-11-21 00:26:17
You just got monk'd.
Unknown2010-11-21 02:10:55
I still consider that to be a Level 2 lock because you can still cast a power cure. When you have one or more damaged limbs, then you might have more trouble. (Honestly, I've not tested the conditions for all this stuff yet, and there are so many similarly debilitating afflictions in Lusternia that it's hard to catch all the combinations and scenarios.)
Rivius2010-11-21 02:46:08
I'm confused now sad.gif

Can you define the various locks levels for me?

I know slitthroat and slickness gives a cleanse-lock...

and a green lock is when you're on the ground and your legs need a salve-cure...

But what is a level 2 lock then? I'm almost positive I've gotten out of some by cleansing :|
Malarious2010-11-21 06:24:36
QUOTE (Rivius @ Nov 20 2010, 09:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm confused now sad.gif

Can you define the various locks levels for me?

I know slitthroat and slickness gives a cleanse-lock...

and a green lock is when you're on the ground and your legs need a salve-cure...

But what is a level 2 lock then? I'm almost positive I've gotten out of some by cleansing :|

Level 1 is a softlock, slitthroat + senso

Level 2 is a par green lock it looks, you are slit throat, slick, and severedspine. Severedspine causes prone, and replaced the broken leg + prone you see from other guilds.

Level 3 (?) if it exists is probably level 2 with alot of afflictions on hand

Level Frack is where you are truelocked, like balance locked, crucified, and scabies/epilepsy and such are all up.
Furien2010-11-21 07:48:58
If you wouldn't be able to manage cleanse, then yeah, green is your best bet. I don't think Nekotai can pull off the mangled limb silliness so stancing chest/parry head is definitely the way to go.

Also, I'm not knocking the system, free or otherwise. It's no longer supported and slightly outdated - without that support you might have a hard time bringing it up to speed unless you have some coding talent of your own. I don't. I've been a stock Treant system fighter since ... well, Palisade and Zmud, really, and it's served me well.
Esano2010-11-21 08:22:59
QUOTE (Furien @ Nov 21 2010, 06:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you wouldn't be able to manage cleanse, then yeah, green is your best bet. I don't think Nekotai can pull off the mangled limb silliness so stancing chest/parry head is definitely the way to go.

CODE
Oriama              Enhance your throws to snap limbs.
Virtuoso 50%
Syntax:    KATA DEVELOP
MODIFIERS ORIAMA
Kata:      Modifier
Ka Weight: 500
This technique improves upon the basic Kata throw attack. When throwing someone while locking a limb, you will break the limb and do more wounding damage; you will mangle the limb if the target was also prone at the time. For locks on non-limb bodyparts, it will not cause any additional affliction but it will increase wounding damage even higher than it does for limbs. Upon a successful mangle, some momentum will be lost.

That's their mangle method. But what you need to watch out for on legs is....
CODE
Angkhai             Weaken the blood with a few serious injuries.
Mythical 20%
Syntax:    KA ANGKHAI RIGHT|LEFT
Kata:      Attack
Ka Weight: 500
Bodypart:  Head, Chest, Gut, Rarm, Larm, Rleg, Lleg
This move induces poison relapsing. In addition, if you have level four or higher momentum, then it can also cause a slit throat or torn tendon if used on the head or legs. This move will cause you to lose some momentum, more than normal if you manage to cut the leg tendons.

EDIT: And the severspine is a gut attack, not a chest one.