Duel between Reimi and Caerulo x3

by Unknown

Back to Combat Logs.

Unknown2010-11-11 17:32:26
NoGFX link.
But now it's all ugly and full of tags. How do I get it to become all colourful again?
Edit: Nope, still not working. Need help on the NoGFX editing. sad.gif

All I do is BadLuck > GreyWhispers > Madfly > Ectoplasm > Truename spam until power returns > Illumination.

Anything I can improve on? Anything I was doing wrong in the duel(s)?

Oh, and skill-wise, currently I've got:
CODE

Common Skills Rank Pool
------------- ------------ ------------
Combat Inept Melee
Resilience Inept Fitness
Discernment Master Intellect
Highmagic Capable Arcana
Planar Master Mysticism
Discipline Apprentice Willpower
Environment Novice Communion
Influence Transcendent Magnetism
Dramatics Apprentice Performance
Arts Capable Finearts
Beastmastery Expert Magnetism
Aethercraft Capable Mysticism

Trade Skills Rank Pool
Tailoring Expert Finearts

Guild Skills Rank Pool
Rituals Transcendent Arcana
Paradigmatics
Cosmic Mythical Mysticism
Transmology
Tarot Capable Willpower

Well, I took advantage of the Fates' truefavour to be able to use Illumination before I can, but I'll be able to get it by the end of this month latest.
Gregori2010-11-11 18:51:09
For the majority of people (basically anyone not using Vadi's system, as I am sure he coded insanity curing in decently enough) that method to kill is all you need. Illuminati pretty much don't need a tertiary against the average fighter. People like shuyin, viynain, geb (though as a healer that makes it exponentionally harder on you for different reasons), and others in that category of skill you will need more than that.
Ayden2010-11-11 19:20:13
Don't forget to Eyesnare and enemy. Truename to hide stuff like Tarot flings. Also if you can hypnotize it would have been a good idea to order her entourage to attack her. It seems that she got control of the duel really quickly. If you aren't controlling your opponent as Illuminati, you are going to lose.
Unknown2010-11-11 20:09:58
Gregori, are you referring more to the curing of the temporary insanity itself or to the dealing with missed curing from insanity flub ups?
Gregori2010-11-11 20:29:29
QUOTE (Zarquan @ Nov 11 2010, 01:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Gregori, are you referring more to the curing of the temporary insanity itself or to the dealing with missed curing from insanity flub ups?

Both. There are some things that Treant doesn't register for insanity, or didn't last I checked. I rewrote Sadie's version and it made a marked improvement on her insanity curing.
Unknown2010-11-11 21:00:51
I know it doesn't handle the madfly (or anything in Transmology), but I have no idea what else it may be missing. I think I got it covered in my new system, but I haven't fought people from Gaudiguch yet. It probably also helps to cure the lower levels of insanity with one cure and the higher levels with two or more cures, which I'm now doing.
Xiel2010-11-12 04:56:27
I don't understand the funky little timestamp thing you've got going. Approximately how long is your equilibrium loss when using truename as opposed to the length of the blackout itself? If I'm reading right, is that a 2s blackout?

<--curious
Gregori2010-11-12 05:08:13
Truename blackout is about 2 seconds, yeah.

Edit:: EQ is about 3 seconds, if he quickens he can just get an action in under the blackout.
Xiel2010-11-12 05:26:01
Ah, kk. Thanks for the info.
Unknown2010-11-12 05:27:41
Oh, my timestamp is just the time difference between the previous prompt and the current prompt.

Based on my timestamp, blackout seems to around 3 seconds? But it's not too accurate, since there's some time between the previous prompt and when Reimi casts Truename

As for EQ loss, I'll have to test it some other day, too many things might have lengthened the EQ loss during the duel.
Rodngar2010-11-12 05:30:38
You want to sneak in your Soulless underneath that Truename, if you still use Tarot. Illumination is tougher to get in against mid to high tier players unless you have the raw power of Hexes, IMO.
Gregori2010-11-12 05:36:04
Which is why if an illuminati tarot user blacks you out (after using soulless rubs)... leave the room.
Unknown2010-11-12 05:36:43
Woah, I just realised that Soulless is powerless unless you count the 3 power for quickening. That makes it quite a bit easier to pull off compared to having to wait for power to return for Illumination.
Xiel2010-11-12 05:49:17
Or gust! Omnomgust.

Less things to deal with than trying to get out of the puddle of muckery an Illuminati can toss down anyway, I'd think.

Edit: Though, now that I think about it..if a Tarot user tosses a Soulless and you gust and they don't do anything, will it still go through? -ponder-
Gregori2010-11-12 05:55:38
personally think you are better off tumbling and eating the hekoskeri/balance loss than trying to gust and hoping it goes through. Though I don't know how well gust is working these days to be fair with all the summon resist changes going every which way.
Xiel2010-11-12 05:59:12
The summon resist thing is a funky thing to deal with too, this is true.
Gregori2010-11-12 06:00:18
QUOTE (Xiel @ Nov 11 2010, 10:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The summon resist thing is a funky thing to deal with too, this is true.

Keep in mind that illuminati have two mutations that give them even more resist too.
Xiel2010-11-12 06:10:29
Fear the chunky butt and gut morphs. ohmy.gif
Ayden2010-11-12 06:52:25
QUOTE (Gregori @ Nov 11 2010, 09:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
personally think you are better off tumbling and eating the hekoskeri/balance loss than trying to gust and hoping it goes through. Though I don't know how well gust is working these days to be fair with all the summon resist changes going every which way.

Illuminati want you tumble if you have ectoplasm on you. Means you are a sitting duck for Soulless. Tumble is such a bad idea...
Unknown2010-11-12 07:22:40
Hrm, how about being a Hexen Illuminati set up HexenSoles, but then use Figment to illusion the rubbing of Soulless Tarot, then Truename to induce a gust?