What to hunt...

by Unknown

Back to Survival Guide.

Unknown2010-10-20 12:31:20
Aeral's now 29. I had intended on getting her to 90 by this age, but as you know that never happened... stuck at 80, almost to 81 (probably would have 81 if I hadn't have kept leeroying at Fillin on Water). Usually I go out and bash for four or five hours at a time so I hit everywhere I can. Here's a list of where I do hunt:

-UV trash: except inferno beetles, cavefishers
-Gorgogs
-Astral: urns, eagles, virgins, lobstrosities
-Quinotaurs/Inner Sea trash
-Manticores
-Starsuckers/leeches
-Krokani
-Nagas: used to. Can't anymore because of the cloier.

Also do bards/scholars/pilgrims.

Ideas?

Basic stats:
Race: aslaran
H: about 4k buffered
M: about 4.5k buffered
E: about 4k buffered
Calixa2010-10-20 21:37:30
Sounds to me like you are hunting what you should be. Add in some easier areas that yield good gold returns and get buying those credits. If you have trouble staying focussed because you hardly see the bar move, work in 25 minute intervals, also knows as the pomodoro technique. Mix in village quests and everything else you can for even more gold. While not at its peak yield yet, sitting in on aetherhunts when you really don't want to go out and do a lot of effort works too.
Nariah2010-10-20 21:50:03
80s-late 90s seems to drag on forever and ever, and some more. You're doing it right according to your list. What you may want to invest in is making sure you always have harmony blessing up, perhaps an achievement blessing if you're lucky, maybe artifact lips if you can afford them, offer a lot to your patron in hopes of a TF (which also gives an xp bonus) etc. War blessing and/or Knowledge blessing is your pal too, depending on what you're bashing with, so is celerity from shrine powers and pentangle and hexangle if those apply. Perhaps a Life blessing for more tankiness and not having to slow down so much, con platter too then.

To summarise, focus on:
- maximising xp gain
- maximising damage done
- maximising speed at which you hunt
Vathael2010-10-20 22:26:23
Aetherbash
Unknown2010-10-21 00:02:54
QUOTE (Vathael @ Oct 20 2010, 07:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Aetherbash

Don't have a system for Mudlet.
Unknown2010-10-21 00:04:13
QUOTE (Nariah @ Oct 20 2010, 06:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Perhaps a Life blessing for more tankiness and not having to slow down so much, con platter too then.

Usually go for life blessing so I can effectively bash astral, but I haven't really astral bashed since I reincarnated.
Janalon2010-10-21 00:37:31
QUOTE (Kayte @ Oct 20 2010, 08:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Don't have a system for Mudlet.

You can rig up a simple turret bit using only triggers. That's what I'm working on now. Likewise, siphoner can be done with simple triggers (though you may have to manual when to turn siphon on and off). It's piloting and then empath that requires more advanced systems.
Unknown2010-10-21 00:40:51
QUOTE (Janalon @ Oct 20 2010, 09:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You can rig up a simple turret bit using only triggers. That's what I'm working on now. Likewise, siphoner can be done with simple triggers (though you may have to manual when to turn siphon on and off). It's piloting and then empath that requires more advanced systems.

I had an old system for MUSHclient, so I'll probably convert it. Just haven't gotten around to it. I know it's not that complicated, just takes a little time and since I'm still building my combat system it hasn't taken priority.
Ytran2010-10-21 01:04:17
You -could- always manual it.
Unknown2010-10-21 01:06:10
QUOTE (Ytran @ Oct 20 2010, 10:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You -could- always manual it.

Oh dear god.

Yes, yes that is a possibility, since even when I do aetherhunt with a system I'm always watching to make sure nothing goes wrong.
Unknown2010-10-21 01:47:43
Some low level stuff that I used do for gold/when I do not want to watch my health so carefully:
Spawns/centaurs in Hifarae
Clarramore quest
Verasivar Valley Quest

Oh, and there's one more pretty good bashing spot at the i'Xiia Asylum. Parasites or something like that.
Calixa2010-10-21 10:12:13
Parasites that are nearly always gone, you mean tongue.gif
Sakr2010-10-21 12:53:32
Parasites, Quinotaurs, Illithoids are what I would place after aetherbashing. Manticores are nice too for some gold.

If you want nice chunks of experience. Influence trader bob and Mariana, Queen Maeve, go on undervault runs and influence everything.
If you're bored, seduce things instead.

Some nice things that will help you out as a cook as well is gathering all the cows and sheep with the dingbat bell, if you can borrow that.
And why not focus on some of the honor quests to help you out? The ankrag one is pretty simple, for example and can be done regularly as a break as well.

try it out.
Thendis2010-10-21 21:17:36
I guess your class may make astral and gorgogs more reasonable, but I don't bother with them with trans resilience and about 10 levels on you. Astral just doesn't have enough creatures unless you link, and fire damage hurts aslaran.
Quinotaur are made of deliciousness <3 Kill all 50, turn in corpses, turn in any seashells you have, find something to do with the other 30 minutes or so until they begin to respawn. Repeat.
Unknown2010-10-21 21:19:45
QUOTE (Thendis @ Oct 21 2010, 06:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I guess your class may make astral and gorgogs more reasonable, but I don't bother with them with trans resilience and about 10 levels on you. Astral just doesn't have enough creatures unless you link, and fire damage hurts aslaran.
Quinotaur are made of deliciousness <3 Kill all 50, turn in corpses, turn in any seashells you have, find something to do with the other 30 minutes or so until they begin to respawn. Repeat.

Yeah, fire weakness makes astral harder. Obesefessors still do some major damage.

And yeah, I forgot about being able to do the seashells.
Thendis2010-10-21 21:39:16
QUOTE (Kayte @ Oct 21 2010, 04:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, fire weakness makes astral harder. Obesefessors still do some major damage.

And yeah, I forgot about being able to do the seashells.

One thing I didn't realize at first that I REALLY wish I knew is that turning in quinotaur gives you experience. It's not as much as killing one, but after turning in 50... it's a decent amount.
Ilyssa2010-10-22 02:47:23
Just a passing thought on manticores, remember that they can't always be turned in (but when they can't, the rocs can) and they can run through some herbs. If you don't have FocusMind and aren't using "apply health to head" the gold is insignificant. But for all of you hunting quinotaurs, the various other sea creatures, like the dragonfish and anglers, are still worth experience and can drop around 150 gold.
Calixa2010-10-22 11:55:46
From my experience if manticores can't be handed in neither can the rocs. Unless you're maximizing gold income they are still worth running, if only for karma from offering to keep those helpful blessings up. Oh yeah, your Divine might like you for it as well, would almost forget tongue.gif
Unknown2010-10-22 12:15:26
QUOTE (Calixa @ Oct 22 2010, 08:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
From my experience if manticores can't be handed in neither can the rocs. Unless you're maximizing gold income they are still worth running, if only for karma from offering to keep those helpful blessings up. Oh yeah, your Divine might like you for it as well, would almost forget tongue.gif

I'm slacking on the offering, heh.

Manticores and rocs can be handed in yes, I can just never remember where/to whom.
Unknown2010-10-22 12:23:12
Wait, 50 quinotaurs? I must have been looking in the wrong places...