CMUD v3

by Lendren

Back to Mechanic's Corner.

Lendren2010-10-19 20:24:20
It's been asserted that CMUD v3 is a lot more stable than v2 was, and I see some improvements on the new features list that seem like good stuff, such as setting the groundwork for using ATCP etc. to use the downloaded map (and zMUD's/CMUD's mapper was already way ahead of the competition's even before that). But it's $15 for me to upgrade and I never even used CMUD in the first place. I don't think I can figure out if it's sufficiently stable and extensible by myself just using the limited time trial. Anyone have any experience with it?
Anisu2010-10-19 20:34:25
QUOTE (Lendren @ Oct 19 2010, 10:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's been asserted that CMUD v3 is a lot more stable than v2 was, and I see some improvements on the new features list that seem like good stuff, such as setting the groundwork for using ATCP etc. to use the downloaded map (and zMUD's/CMUD's mapper was already way ahead of the competition's even before that). But it's $15 for me to upgrade and I never even used CMUD in the first place. I don't think I can figure out if it's sufficiently stable and extensible by myself just using the limited time trial. Anyone have any experience with it?

So essentially he is asking people to pay 15 dollars for bug fixes that he should have fixed years ago. That really tells me don't bother and go with mushclient or whatever.
Unknown2010-10-19 20:37:27
I bought my CMUD license three and a half years ago, so I'd have to upgrade mine, too. The trial version should give you enough to go on, though. I gave up on Zugg after trying dozens of "fixed" versions of CMUD and finding them all still just a bit too flawed for me to use effectively, but I haven't checked in with CMUD for a couple years.
Vadi2010-10-19 20:49:50
QUOTE (Anisu @ Oct 19 2010, 04:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So essentially he is asking people to pay 15 dollars for bug fixes that he should have fixed years ago. That really tells me don't bother and go with mushclient or whatever.

I thought the same thing about CMUD v1.

Btw, that CMUD came out 4 years ago.