Looking for a System

by Phandalyn

Back to Mechanic's Corner.

Phandalyn2010-10-06 18:05:51
Between being Serenwilde and having to fear Glomdoring, and being Elfen so having to fear Magnagora, in addition to being unable to survive while bashing, I'm tired of feeling like I'm a prisoner in Serenwilde. I know I need some sort of system to survive, but I don't know the first thing about coding.

Is there a good system out there that will lessen the learning curve for the game a bit more so it's not so frustrating? I've read about some on here, like Treant, but they all seem to be either obsolete, no longer supported/updated, or severely lacking in positive testimonials. It's either these things, or they're specialized towards one class or the other or unable to support Astrology. Anybody know of a system that might fit my needs? I don't mind paying credits for one.
Vathael2010-10-06 18:19:48
I don't think there have been any major changes since treant was updated so it might still be an option. Then there's vadis.. And that's it for public systems.
Thendis2010-10-06 18:21:44
QUOTE (Phandalyn @ Oct 6 2010, 01:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Between being Serenwilde and having to fear Glomdoring, and being Elfen so having to fear Magnagora, in addition to being unable to survive while bashing, I'm tired of feeling like I'm a prisoner in Serenwilde.

As a Serenwilder myself, I've never had a confrontation with Glomdoring. And, while not an elf, my worst experience with Magnagora was being politely (more or less) to leave the Illithoids (even though I wasn't even enemied/bashing there! >_<). Oh, and another Mag scared the hell out of me when he though I was messing up his quest. ANYWAYS, I doubt you are as trapped as you feel, as being killed on prime isn't something I think is a problem. That said, having SOMETHING is needed for bashing anything worth the time it takes to kill it.
-Treant probably isn't too out of date yet, and it should come with an auto-sipper and the basic affliction curing for bashing.
-AGlua has some really cool features, gags a lot of annoying lines, and is pretty good. Cost is 25cr and I haven't seen the creator for a while, but he has a cloaking gem. So that may be it.
-M&M costs 60cr and is apparently the best of the best. For mudlet, unlike the two above.
Vathael2010-10-06 18:29:12
Not going to bash aglua but I wouldn't suggest getting it until some of the bugs I've seen are worked out of it.
Unknown2010-10-06 18:40:35
Treant is still very viable. It's only been a week or so since I stopped supporting it, but I'm more inclined to help out a fellow Seren with it. It's just missing Harmonics, Transmology, and a couple of minor envoy updates. (Sap, aeon, and choke curing still suck, but that's nothing new.)
Daedroth2010-11-13 11:38:42
I'm looking for a new system because of the fact that AGlua is in a slump right now. It's just too bug ridden to consider using it for real combat.
Unknown2010-11-13 12:13:05
If you felt the need to post, you must not be looking too hard. tongue.gif
Calixa2010-11-13 18:55:34
m&m if you can afford the creds, treant if not. I've used both, and both were great, though I only really explored the PVE side of things with them.

Also, and you probably know this, if even bashing is an issue talk to your guild and commune and ask questions. Even the ones that seem really silly.
Daedroth2010-11-14 11:48:47
QUOTE (Zarquan @ Nov 13 2010, 12:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you felt the need to post, you must not be looking too hard. tongue.gif

I've already looked over the available ones and I had decided to post while I think about the choices. It's called multitasking...

I never look too hard for anything over the net. If you use your brain, it's all there in front of you.