A visit to my gallery

by Kaia

Back to The Funnies.

Kaia2010-10-01 01:24:26
Paintings decorating my manse. Blame Shuyin.

Her visage forever captured in oils and hues, Narynth Ysav'rai is presented on a large oak desk. In a posture that can only be described as 'lazily casual', here she sits with her legs crossed and her form languorous. Her pedicured feet are enclosed in a set of spiky heels, while a pair of sassy fishnet stockings try to hide her shapely legs, but fail horribly. Clad in a demure blouse and business skirt, even the innocence of this ensemble somehow manages to dive deeply into the alluring side through the sheer presence of the wearer. The top half of the blouse has been purposefully unbuttoned, revealing hints of her sensual bosom, while the skirt has been carefully slit and cut to reveal far more leg and not enough pure thoughts. A ruler is held at a jaunty angle by one hand, while a succulent, half eaten apple is on the other, each delicately grasped by perfectly manicured fingers. Her ebon tresses are done up into a lazy bun, with only a pair of pencils barely managing to keep it together. A flirtatious look is evident on her face, with a sculpted brow arched above smoky gray eyes and a pair of thin spectacles resting lightly on the bridge of her nose. While her entire outfit oozes of sex appeal and femininity, one more facet to this classy lady manages to somehow match, if not surpass, the entire dress' charm. Along her jaw line, a majestic beard grows and trails down all the way to the ground. With a smooth and silky texture, it manages to wrap its way around her neck, down between her breasts, surrounding her waist, and ending at her feet. While the costume manages to attract the notice of many men, the beard ensures the loyalty of whoever is lucky enough to have married her.
I'm always flattered until I get to the facial adornment.

Captured in exquisite detail, this painting depicts a tranquil Narynth upon a regal throne. Her black, silken tresses cascade about her shoulders, several tendrils resting upon the sleeves of her garb. A small smile plays about her lips, and sparkling grey eyes gaze downward toward the figure at her feet. Her low-cut gown displays the modest swell of her bosom, the waist cinched tight before allowing the folds of the garment to spread about her lower half. The rich black material hugs her slender arms, fair skin displayed past the resultant cuffs that end in points of fabric across the backs of her hands. Long, tapered fingers are crowned with short, manicured nails, and her entire posture indicates a relaxed, if commanding, bearing. The throne itself is fit for a queen- the dark wood has been hand-carved. Upon the back of the seat, glorious ravens have taken flight en masse, and a single large crow has been fashioned to perch on each of the two vertical pillars of the structure, eyes of ruby blazing with a sentient madness. The base of the throne displays lush greenery and textured blossoms in full bloom, and it is in front of these depictions that a kneeling Shuyin has placed himself. Handsome face upturned and dark eyes alight with utter adulation, his hands are placed upon Narynth's nearest thigh as though in supplication. One of her hands rests entangled within his hair, the gesture tender. Curiously placed upon the edges of the painting, a menacing flail and a length of rope knotted and tethered to a large iron ring rest upon the floor. From all appearances, this woman has indeed tamed the Shu.
Sweet, sweet revenge.

Finally, a Leiliadhe original:
A cavern is depicted on this large canvas, high-ceilinged and spacious. In the center is an enormous edifice which appears to be a pipe organ wrought from stone, crystal, and wax, nearly stretching up to the stalactites above. A rough-hewn recital bench sits before the monolith, upon which performs a solifugid, most of its ten legs splayed on the keys of the instrument and its head thrown back in musical rapture. Around the cavern, various other denizens of the deeps are arranged on crude tiered seating reminiscent of an amphitheatre. Mantekarrs and adoraths raise their varied appendages in approbation, joined by the tail-slapping of land urchins, the dusty shakings of basidions and phycomids, and the skitterings of cavefishers and spidions. The surreal scene is illuminated by sickly green glowing lichen upon the walls and ceiling whose ghastly light warps the forms and shadows of the creatures in the upper seating into an unidentifiable wash of gloom.

Edit: Now, show off your own. I know you have them.
Unknown2010-10-01 02:07:36
Oh god what have you done.
Unknown2010-10-13 12:03:39
QUOTE (Kaia @ Sep 30 2010, 10:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Paintings decorating my manse. Blame Shuyin.

I'm always flattered until I get to the facial adornment.

My entire CS class looked at me as I died of laughter and quickly closed the page. Then reopened it to comment.

Hehe.

And... I don't have any paintings. Except one of Terentia's shield shrine.
Kaia2010-11-03 22:57:08
With considerable whimsy and charm, a light application of brush to canvas has applied itself to the portrayal of a relaxed and apparently satisfied creature. Appearing most ungainly, even in repose, the beast's limbs are long-boned and knobby, covered in thick, matted hair the colours of eggshell and taupe. An unusually long neck, dimensions similarly concealed beneath the same coarse covering, serves as the sturdy base for a long-snouted, long-eared head. Dark brown lips are curled back to display a disturbingly vacant grin fraught with chipped, yellowing teeth and a long strand of sticky saliva. Apparently content with its surroundings, the beast appears to doze quietly, heavy-lidded eyes nearly closed in an expression of unfettered bliss. Sprawled redolently upon a tract of coarse grass and sand, there can be no question that this is a beast entirely in its own element. A small caption at the bottom indicates the name of the strange creature, "Drama".