Astrology module

by Unknown

Back to Mechanic's Corner.

Unknown2010-09-24 05:47:50
Well, I promised I'd get it stripped out and put on the forums, so here it is... my mudlet astrology stuff.

UPDATED SEPT 27th: added detection for my information tabs module, so that stargaze info will be posted to infoAstro window rather than main. No longer shows willpower or endurance modifiers

There's one alias which comes with it, though it can be invoked in one of two ways:

nat
nativity

It responds to both because I store all of the nativities you look up in a given session in a table, so that when you just want to see the information on someone you've already gotten the nativity of, it won't require balance or eq, nor consume either. I put an example in the screenshot below. I had already checked Calesta's nativity during my testing, which is why the information came up immediately.. but I had not checked the nativity of Neos, and so it sent the nativity command on to the server to gather the information for me. Testing and the screenshot were done in a clean profile with -nothing- but this astrology module in it, so it should work out of the box for anyone.

The stargaze output is shown at the top of the screenshot. Right now, I have everything printed to the main console... for my own use, I echo it to a miniconsole, but it's part of a tabbed set of information tabs... for just the stargazing on its own it's a tad bit greedy on the screen real estate. I will post up a version with a miniconsole if there's enough interest, however.

Here's the screen shot I keep talking about:

and the link to the code:

Click here for xml to import
Janalon2010-09-24 07:45:03
Demonic... you are awesome. I don't even use astrology but SERIOUSLY appreciate what you do. Really people... donate some credits this guy's way if you can.
Neos2010-09-25 06:33:41
He is awesome. First chance I get I'm dumping a bunch of credits on him, and I owe him 15 from a loan, but also way more from all the generous help he's given me with all my problems, especially since I break coding stuff so often.
Unknown2010-09-25 06:54:31
y'all are gonna make me blush
Unknown2010-09-27 05:07:45
This has been updated to detect and use the "Astro" tab if you have my information tab module loaded: this one
Druken2011-01-20 03:29:48
Hmm. At the risk of sounding like a complete mudlet noob, how do I get this script to actually let me have the stargazing charts? The nativities are pretty straightforward, but I'm not sure how to make the rest work.